Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: VNSI - Picture goes white - BBC One HD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I've finally managed to get a debug log of when the pictures goes white whilst watching BBC One HD.

Once it goes white I can press stop, start the channel again and it works for a few seconds then goes white again. Only a restart of XBMC solves the problem.

Full Log - Interesting bit is near the end.
i don't think this is pvr related. it might be another problem related to 1440x1080. have you encountered this kind of problem with other reslolutions, too?
looks like a problem in vnsi. CDVDDemuxPVRClient::UpdateStreams() is being called all the time, which only happens when starting a stream or when a stream change packet is received from the demuxer.
FernetMenta Wrote:i don't think this is pvr related. it might be another problem related to 1440x1080. have you encountered this kind of problem with other reslolutions, too?

The channel can work for a length of time, I was watching for maybe an hour or so (obviously checkable in the log). It also happens with recordings from BBC One HD.

ITV1 HD broadcasts at 1440x1080 and I've never had it happen on there, it also hasn't happened on any other channels, I watch many different channels with different resolutions...

544x576, 704x576, 720x576, 1440x1080, 1920x1080.
dushmaniac Wrote:looks like a problem in vnsi. CDVDDemuxPVRClient::UpdateStreams() is being called all the time, which only happens when starting a stream or when a stream change packet is received from the demuxer.

my debug logs are spammed with those messages, too. will look into this, though i haven't seen any problems like this on my system.
check the demuxer code in the add-on. it's probably just sending too many DMX_SPECIALID_STREAMINFO packets or that packet when it shouldn't.

might not be related to the blank screen.
FernetMenta Wrote:my debug logs are spammed with those messages, too. will look into this, though i haven't seen any problems like this on my system.

It is only on one channel as far as I can tell, so since you're not in the UK you might not see it.

I wonder if there's anyone else in the UK here using XBMC with VDR and VNSI with a DVB-S2 card!
dushmaniac Wrote:check the demuxer code in the add-on. it's probably just sending too many DMX_SPECIALID_STREAMINFO packets or that packet when it shouldn't.

what's the difference between DMX_SPECIALID_STREAMINFO and DMX_SPECIALID_STREAMCHANGE?
currently vnsi sends DMX_SPECIALID_STREAMINFO when it receives stream content info, every 2s
DMX_SPECIALID_STREAMCHANGE resets (close + reopen) the stream.
DMX_SPECIALID_STREAMINFO just updates the info in the current stream.

don't think the changes done by DMX_SPECIALID_STREAMINFO are actually processed correctly by the player without reopening the stream.

the tvheadend add-on only uses DMX_SPECIALID_STREAMCHANGE and only sends it when playback starts. and now that I see that code, I also got an idea why ffmpeg crashes sometimes e.g. when a commercial break starts Smile

so, I would change the vnsi code so it only sends a streamchange when something actually changed and just ignore the other stream info packets.
so, you are saying that it is save to ignore DMX_SPECIALID_STREAMINFO and only use DMX_SPECIALID_STREAMCHANGE?
yeah send a streamchange when starting a stream and when something changed and ignore the other ones. like I said, it might not be the cause of the blank screen, but at least you'll get less log spam.
Has there been any ideas or progress with this?

It also happens on BBC HD as well as BBC One HD.

Happened today and yesterday during F1 Qualifying and the F1 Race.
would you like to test if this fixes your problem:
https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/comm...9e1f9ce25f
FernetMenta Wrote:would you like to test if this fixes your problem:
https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/comm...9e1f9ce25f

Is that the XBMC addon? Does it need compiling?
yes, the change is in the vnsi addon and needs compiling. i haven't submitted a pull request so far because i am waiting for feedback from the vdr-vnsi-pluin owner.
Pages: 1 2 3 4