Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movies not showing covers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I know that I must have accidently changed a setting somewhere....

Confluence.
Movies.
The Covers are displaying thumbnail movie 'clips' not the movie cover art.

What have I done ? Arrrrrggghhh. (thrashed around a lot).
Is the source of the folder still set to Movies?
Yes, confirmed... still set to movies.
Hmm
I don't use this skin but maybe there's an unchecked option under Settings that defaults to movie thumb rather than posters?
ArieS,
Thanks for trying to help me. I am incredibly grateful. I can find no such setting. This happens to me in Aeon MQ2 too.

I took the drastic action of deleting my whole XBMC including profiles. THe same result...just movie thumbs.

Any other suggestions welcome.
How are your movies set up as far as file structure? could you post some screen shots?
my covers are set up as moviename.tbn. so the files are listed as follows:

moviename.avi
moviename.tbn (Cover)
moviename.nfo

You may want to look into using a media manager to sort this out. It is defaulting to the thumbnnail due to the lack of movename.tbn
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Thumbnails

Let me know how this works out for you
Hudson,
Everything has been working fine for a year. I have setup xbmc systems for several people, I have more than a couple htpc's, reading off the same server; these others are working fine.

The structure is:
X:\Movies\Movie_Name (YYYY)\Movie_Name.mkv

How do you do screen shots in xbmc ?
To visualise it, where you would normally see the poster of the movie, instead there is a thumb clip of a scene.

Any thoughts ? Pretty depressing from this end. Again, thanks for the help.
if memory serves its printscreen, how do you have your movie art set up? have you tried to refresh an individual movie, that "should" over ride the thumbnail.
I am not sure how to refresh an individual movie, do you mean delete it from the library then restore ?

I have included screenshots below

First: Confluence
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Second: Aeon MQ2.81
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]
To bring up the context menu for a specific movie press i

also seeing as your movie structure is

X:\Movies\Movie_Name (YYYY)\Movie_Name.mkv

clean the library and rescan and make sure to check the scan recursively box so it scans down into the folder.

let me know how that turns out.
Hudson,
I did this. No change I am afraid.
can you look inside your movies folder and list what files are listed for a given movie?
OK.. for "The American"

fanart.jpg
movie.nfo
movie.tbn
The American.nfo
The American.tbn
The American-fanart.jpg
The American.avi
looking at your setup I wonder if the "movie.tbn" and "The American.tbn" are causing the trouble, my gut tells me that if you were to look at movie.tbn it would show the thumbnail. Try removing it. If you access the context menu for the move and select get thumb does it show cover art?
I looked at both. Both are the poster. I know that this does not make sense !

Remembering that even after I uninstalled everything, and re-installed, I stil was left with the same problem !
Pages: 1 2 3