Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Confluence Vertical for Eden (Old School home)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Many of you who have been using nightly versions of XBMC may have noticed that recently Confluence went through a dramatic change to the home screen.

Since I know many people will have an issue with this I have decided that for the XBMC eden release cycle I will maintain a separate Vertical home skin with all the other changes made just not the home screen like so but after eden you will need to find someone else to maintain this or get used to the superior new one

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD
Thinking about vertical vs horizontal, what confuse me in the horizontal version is that I don't know where is the start and the end of the menu items. Sometimes I don't understand where I am, so to go where I'm looking to go (video/film/tv shows/music...) I must read the label. With the Vertical version after ten minutes of first use, I know exactly where the items are positioned without reading the label, growing so the feeling with the software. With the horizontal version, after three days of use, sometimes I'm still forced to read labels.

I hope I was clear, this words are just my personal little opinion and I know that maybe I'm the only one in the world with this paranoia!
Hello,

Thanks Jezz_X Smile for the vertical mode of Confluence, my favorite skin

I was a little disappointed by the new horizontal version coming with last XBMC Windows nightlies
(It's SUPERB but the horizontal scrolling brings me some problems, like to joethefox)

BR from France
Nevermind.
Diagonal - everyone's happy!
Hey Jezz,

Great work on the skins, i was just wondering if its possible to get the source for this updated (vertical) confluence skin?

My preference is for the vertical bar... and i was just getting into doing a new colour scheme for confluence (vertical) skin... but cant seem to find the source anywhere for this?

thanks,

Dan.
The source is on my github account do a search for Jezz_X on it
Jezz_X Wrote:The source is on my github account do a search for Jezz_X on it
was posting from my phone last night so too slack to get a link but its here
https://github.com/JezzX/xbmc/tree/Confl...tical_Home problem is its all of xbmc code as well because it makes it easy for me to merge the changes
Excellent... thanks so much Jezz

If my new colour scheme looks any decent, i'll post some images up on the web.
(Oh... and half the reason for the new skin ~ is to make a personalised 'Family' skin... as i've made xbmc boxes for all my family membersSmile )

Jezz_X Wrote:was posting from my phone last night so too slack to get a link but its here
https://github.com/JezzX/xbmc/tree/Confl...tical_Home problem is its all of xbmc code as well because it makes it easy for me to merge the changes
I am to tired to search to research and figure this one out. Can someone slap me with the quick and dirty on how to manually install this on ATV2? Is the best way to FTP it over via Zip and install via XBMC addons? Or should i unzip this to a specific directory?

Thanks for any help! Sorry I'm slacking!
sjskent Wrote:I am to tired to search to research and figure this one out. Can someone slap me with the quick and dirty on how to manually install this on ATV2? Is the best way to FTP it over via Zip and install via XBMC addons? Or should i unzip this to a specific directory?

Thanks for any help! Sorry I'm slacking!

Eh, i got off my lazy butt and figured it out. Thanks anyway.
I don't get the PVR options like LIVETV, is that correct?
How can I get those with this vertical skin?

thnx
you check out an older version of the source code before the main horizontal was merged in and build it yourself other than that if you want to use pvr you are stuck with it because i'm not maintaining it twice
Just fyi, the update that hit last week was broken. I had to turn off auto update for my Add On's to avoid the update. I think the update was 1.1.2??
The one in the repo is missing its textures
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5