Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [iPad] XBMC using both the camera kit and HDMI adapter together?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was wondering if anyone has hooked up both the camera kit and HDMI adapter at the same time?

The HDMI adapter (Apple calls it “Digital A/V Adapter”) has a second 30-pin connector built right into it. I’m hoping its possible to hook up the hdmi adapter into my Ipad 2 and then plug the camera kit directly into that.

I would love to have XBMC playing video files off a 32gb SD card (using the camera kit) and outputting the video via HDMI to my LCD.
The HDMI adapter only provides the other 30-pin connector for power. It does not seem to work with anything else.
Thanks For the info guys!
That website is pretty cool, it has a lot of different items that I’ve never even knew existed.

This may be another option….
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/hdmi-sd-car...hite-64034

UPDATE...
What the heck, I decided to give it a try and just ordered it.
First time ordering anything from Hong Kong.
I will post how it works out.
Dabear3 Wrote:Thanks For the info guys!
That website is pretty cool, it has a lot of different items that I’ve never even knew existed.

UPDATE...

just be warned that stuff from deal extreme can be iffy. I've ordered adapters from them and they've worked great, while other stuff (normally cords) will break really easily. Although if you are good with a soldering iron it might not be an issue (and sometimes you end up with it in better shape than you got it).

Looking forward to hearing if this does work or not! It's the only dock adapter that I've ever come across that's had both HDMI and USB host.
Dabear3 Wrote:Thanks For the info guys!

UPDATE...

So how did you go?
mikef Wrote:So how did you go?

I doubt they've gotten it yet. It can take weeks for dealextreme shipments to come in from from china.
Ned Scott Wrote:I doubt they've gotten it yet. It can take weeks for dealextreme shipments to come in from from china.

That's right, I'm still waiting for it to arrive.
Received the item yesterday.

The item works fine, but not exactly as I was hoping.
The HDMI output and SD card reader do not work simultaneously.

- You can only read the SD card when there is no HDMI cable plugged in.
- You can only use HDMI out when there is no SD card plugged in.

I’m still satisfied. I now have a 32gb SD Card that I can load full of TV-Shows / Movies for my Ipad 2 running XBMC. Works great for travelling. No converting file types or syncing required. For the rare occasion where I want to display it out with HDMI (at a Hotel), I’ll first have to copy that specific video file from the SD card onto the internal Ipad memory (using iFile).
Bummer that they don't both function at the same time. Thanks for keeping us updated, though!
Wow, i used to be dead against apple, then bought an ipad for my son and had to eat humble pie because it is brilliant. But still they don't half make things akward do they.

I have xbmc installed, we're going away on holiday next week so a while back i ordered both a hdmi interface and a camera connection kit. Figured it would be nice to plug it up to the telly. Now i know that they cant be connected at the same time which is disapointing, but what is worse is that apparently there a different versions of hdmi interface, and the new one i got doesnt work on 5.0.1 so i would have to upgrade to 5.1 and then i would lose xbmc! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
(2012-05-18, 17:16)tracer Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, i used to be dead against apple, then bought an ipad for my son and had to eat humble pie because it is brilliant. But still they don't half make things akward do they.

I have xbmc installed, we're going away on holiday next week so a while back i ordered both a hdmi interface and a camera connection kit. Figured it would be nice to plug it up to the telly. Now i know that they cant be connected at the same time which is disapointing, but what is worse is that apparently there a different versions of hdmi interface, and the new one i got doesnt work on 5.0.1 so i would have to upgrade to 5.1 and then i would lose xbmc! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

This is the same problem I'm having, but for my iPhone. The Digital A/V adapter will only work if I update to 5.1.1. There has got to be a solution to this,being we have jailbroken iOSs that should bypass this.
unteathered iDevice iOS 5.1.1 jailbreak is coming in a week or so.
One week exactly. It's out now. Too bad everyone bought all the Digital AV Adapters off Amazon already, was just about to order one. I wonder how long before XBMC supports something like this.
(2012-05-25, 19:24)WisdomWolf Wrote: [ -> ]One week exactly. It's out now. Too bad everyone bought all the Digital AV Adapters off Amazon already, was just about to order one. I wonder how long before XBMC supports something like this.

It's seen as a BT keyboard, so once the native on-screen iOS keyboard input is added (no ETA, or even if it will work, but it's on the radar) then it should be possible.
Pages: 1 2