Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Tv series all eps showing up twice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
All of the sudden all my tv series shows are showing up double. Every ep is showing twice. I have deleted the path and cleaned library and redid the path and when asked to refresh info I said yes.

Still get everything double.
I had this issue early on when I changed one of my source paths from using the domain name to the ip number. The solution in my case was to delete both those sources, remove the items from the library, then re-add the path & rescrape.
How to you completely remove them from the library?
Is it when you remove the source and it says really remove all from library?

i did that when i removed the path then i cleaned the library from the system menu too.
Yes, but I found that certain items still showed up, even after removing them fom the library. This was because I had originally set the source to use the domain name and then changed it to use the ip address instead. XBMC remembers the hardcoded paths and treated them as two different items. I imagine the same issue would occur just changing protocols (like switching from SMB to FTP, for example).

Try this: get Episode information on one of the items that is a dupe. Take note of the path, then remove it from the library. If it still shows up, get Episode information again. It will likely show a different path. In my case, I had to re-add the original source in order to properly remove it.

If you initially remove a source, but decline to remove the items from the library, XBMC appears to remember the path anyway and continue using it for scraping. I don't think that this is a great approach, but it's not a simple issue to resolve perfectly. I think it would be better to not give the user a choice here, and simply remove all items in the path from the library if the source is removed.
Tried that they both have the same path. Deleted the path and started over it still doubles.

Is there supposed to be something called apple double in the folder? It's in all my folders I never saw it before
Are you sharing a database for your movies? (MYSQL)
I found that if I scan my movies on one machine, and scan movies on another machine - I get duplicate entries.
*I copy advancedsettings.xml and sources.xml to both machines - so sources/paths should be the same.

I now just keep 1 machine dedicated to do scanning to avoid duplicates
no its not being shared i only have the 1 appletv and all the files are on a MYbook Live
I'm having to grab them via NFS because as in my other post on here i can't get them via zeroconfig browser
Ok I deleted xbmc completely then reinstalled and upgraded to latest nightly. Still get doubling of tv shows and movies.
ilovemymac Wrote:Ok I deleted xbmc completely then reinstalled and upgraded to latest nightly. Still get doubling of tv shows and movies.

Because reinstalling doesn't touch your settings and video DB.

You need to delete this folder to do a clean reinstall:

var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/
Ned Scott Wrote:Because reinstalling doesn't touch your settings and video DB.

You need to delete this folder to do a clean reinstall:

var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/

Ok did that deleted xbmc and did a reinstall but it does the very same thing.
So now what
close XBMC
search for a file named myvideos34.db on your system
rename it or delete and and then launch XBMC
check to ensure you have a clean slate and then import your data again
Ardalista Wrote:close XBMC
search for a file named myvideos34.db on your system
rename it or delete and and then launch XBMC
check to ensure you have a clean slate and then import your data again

you mean ssh into atv2?
searched found no such file. I reinstalled the appletv software. Then reinstalled XBMC. Checked again no file there by that name. But now i have some tv shows showing twice. some show the ep 4 times some movies are right some are showing twice
If you're sharing from a Mac it could be those damn .DS_Store files. Download TinkerTool for Mac OS X and disable .DS_Store files on network volumes.
Ned Scott Wrote:If you're sharing from a Mac it could be those damn .DS_Store files. Download TinkerTool for Mac OS X and disable .DS_Store files on network volumes.

I found a file after I started the process again of scrapping. Myvideos54. But even deleting it which is in the xbmc folder or deleting the whole xbmc folder does nothing it starts all over. It scans through once then scans it again.
I'm sharing from a myBook live. It is plugged in via Ethernet to the appletv.

I have never had the issue before and not sure why all the sudden I am now.
I spent over 2 hours working on this tonight. I cleaned everything several times but it comes back the second you add the path and asks (even with no user data there or xbmc folder) and says refresh data for this path. It's giving me a headache.
Pages: 1 2 3 4