Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [KIDS MODE] Back to home
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Just playing with the new kids mode which I think its a great addition.

However when I wish to exit kids mode I am left in the playlist area of the xbmc gui and not in home. Is there a way of making it like the TV shows and movies section that on exit you return to home screen?

Thanks

James
Already done, just not updated. I noticed it within minutes of updating the GIT.
That always the way...

Well looking forward to your next update.

James
EDIT: Nevermind - all that is needed is a ",return" on the line in home.xml that loads the playlist.

Actually, do you mind me asking was the fix entails?

It just I am trying to learn a bit about how xbmc works so I thought I would slightly modify your skin (only for my own use - never to be released) and added a few extra buttons using the kids mode git code changes as a template.

Cheers,

James
brownjl99 Wrote:EDIT: Nevermind - all that is needed is a ",return" on the line in home.xml that loads the playlist.

Actually, do you mind me asking was the fix entails?

It just I am trying to learn a bit about how xbmc works so I thought I would slightly modify your skin (only for my own use - never to be released) and added a few extra buttons using the kids mode git code changes as a template.

Cheers,

James

It does the same thing you did. Wink
is there a way to hide the kids menu?
samzstein Wrote:is there a way to hide the kids menu?

lol, I didnt think of that. I'll add one.
Can you give me any hints on how I would move the Kids button off the home screen on top the sub-menu list under tv?

Looking at the code but cant seem to find how that done. I see group lists of buttons but not sure how they are tied to the home button.

Cheers,

James