Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: iOS 5 - early adopters beware
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
As is to be expected at this early stage, XBMC does not run properly on iOS 5 GM. I'd suggest holding off for a while and will likely be downgrading my iPad (though I am enjoying the new OS features)
blakedog Wrote:As is to be expected at this early stage, XBMC does not run properly on iOS 5 GM. I'd suggest holding off for a while and will likely be downgrading my iPad (though I am enjoying the new OS features)

Details please.
Don't have a log to provide but immediately after trying to play a mkv that normally works, XBMC causes a hard reset of the device.
I'm having a bigger problem with iOS 5 GM, navigating to a folder with any videos immediately hard resets the device, both with the latest stable and nightly releases.
davilla Wrote:Details please.

Even viewing file lists causes my device to reset and means I need to tether and boot, both on stable and nightly builds. This occurs with DIVX and h264 media, with hardware acceleration on and off, AFP and SMB. I can't view any videos.

Log from the most recent nightly here http://paste2.org/p/1696983

Log from stable build here http://paste2.org/p/1696992
Any clues from the logs?
HaniKazmi Wrote:I'm having a bigger problem with iOS 5 GM, navigating to a folder with any videos immediately hard resets the device, both with the latest stable and nightly releases.

I had a similar problem, XBMC wouldnt even load up from the main menu, when you click on it, it would just reboot AppleTV. The default media player would play files fine, but if I woke up the next morning and tried to play something, it would re-boot AppleTV. The original AppleTV device (I have two) I have in the living room, never had this problem.

My solution was to restore it on my wifes Macbook (Im a Windows guy), then re-jailbroke it, re-installed ATV Flash Black, which got me XBMC running just fine.

Its not a great solution, but its one you might want to try.
kinison Wrote:I had a similar problem, XBMC wouldnt even load up from the main menu, when you click on it, it would just reboot AppleTV. The default media player would play files fine, but if I woke up the next morning and tried to play something, it would re-boot AppleTV. The original AppleTV device (I have two) I have in the living room, never had this problem.

My solution was to restore it on my wifes Macbook (Im a Windows guy), then re-jailbroke it, re-installed ATV Flash Black, which got me XBMC running just fine.

Its not a great solution, but its one you might want to try.

thread-jack, atv2 does not have an iOS 5 jailbreak.
if you are running xbmc via xcode on iOS5, then you will have problems when playing videos. Xcode runs in it's own sandbox which prevents usage of video toolbox.
davilla Wrote:if you are running xbmc via xcode on iOS5, then you will have problems when playing videos. Xcode runs in it's own sandbox which prevents usage of video toolbox.

I'm reading between the lines and assuming this means that XBMC will not work on iOS5 for a significant, fundamental reason?
blakedog Wrote:I'm reading between the lines and assuming this means that XBMC will not work on iOS5 for a significant, fundamental reason?

That's not what he said.
I'm not running xcode, just a clean install of IOS 5 GM.
blakedog Wrote:I'm reading between the lines and assuming this means that XBMC will not work on iOS5 for a significant, fundamental reason?

No need to read between the lines is there? As davilla said, "atv2 does not have an iOS 5 jailbreak".

Once there's an atv2 jailbreak for iOS5, then the XBMC devs can work out any issues on iOS5. The only obstacle is time... let's all try to show them our gratitude by being patient.
What exactly will be the enhancements for the AT2 in iOS5 to make it worth going through it all again?

That does not in any way resemble what I said.
Pages: 1 2 3 4