Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] World Weather Online Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
World Weather Online Addon has been released on official repo, to use it you will need to use the nightly build that has ada86f4c96e5fbd35b9c4d35d87b0b37517f927f in it.

installation instructions:

1. as said before, use nightly build of Eden-pre
2. go to System->addons and download World Weather Online Addon from weather section
3. select it as a default addon in system->weather and set locations for which you need weather.

enjoy it and let us know if there are any issues. Smile
Thanks.

EDIT: When I select a location it doesn't do anything - the field stays blank.
Great my husband is a weather junkie
Hitcher Wrote:Thanks.

EDIT: When I select a location it doesn't do anything - the field stays blank.

and you have the https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/ada8...37517f927f in your nightly?
which nightly is that? latest windows build is two days ago and doesn't have a name provided in the instructions above.
amet Wrote:and you have the https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/ada8...37517f927f in your nightly?

Sorry, I downloaded the latest one assuming it was today's but as htpc guy pointed out the Windows builds haven't been updated.
Hitcher Wrote:Sorry, I downloaded the latest one assuming it was today's but as htpc guy pointed out the Windows builds haven't been updated.

htpc guy Wrote:which nightly is that? latest windows build is two days ago and doesn't have a name provided in the instructions above.

If all goes well it should be in there tomorrow (november 15th) if build goes well.
OK as the automatic build of the latest win32 nightly has failed again (problem with the buildbot not with the actual code) I decided to build one locally and upload it for you guys so you can make the necessary changes ASAP: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WE71JZEG
Thanks Montellese, I was about to post the the Windows nightly failed to appear again.
Only problem I have is that Window(Weather).Property(Current.Wind) doesn't just return the wind speed as seen below.

EDIT: Is this anything to do with this localisation string?

Code:
<string id="434">From %s at %i %s</string> <!--From <wind dir.> at <speed> <unit>-->

If it is then maybe it's best left as it for current skins but adding a Current.WindSpeed property would also be useful as in my case.
that's just how old add-ons returned it, i cloned how core has always done it. that being said, you can probably have your property, i'll have to check that we have a dedicated localized string for it.
Thanks spiff.
3e6c1bb
Appreciated.

I don't know if it's important or not but Current.winddirection in the script isn't formatted the same as the other labels. I know there can be problems on some system with upper and lower case letters so I thought I'd point it out.
props are case insensitive so no worries there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6