Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: failure with randomitems.py
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm getting an error after logging in with XBMC 10.1 git:e9e9099 (Compiled: Mar 9, 2011) using Aeon Nox Skin with Apple TV 1. It says "Error: script failed: randomitems.py" after I log in with my profile

This happened after I upgraded to Eden Beta. I found it to be too sluggish on atv1 so I downgraded back to Dharma. That is when it all began. I have tried other skins and they all return same error except for Confluence (but on videos it doesn't show any random/recently added items.

Part of the log is located here: http://pastebin.com/za87ihc6 although I can't paste the whole xbmc.log. Let me know if this is what you need. I suspect I just need a randomitems.py that works with Dharma 10.1 but haven't found one.

Any help would be appreciated.
I'm getting the same thing with Aeon Nox. I upgraded to Eden Beta 3 and the skin was working fine with random animated backgrounds. I started it up again today and I get the randomitems.py error.
isilver18 Wrote:I'm getting an error after logging in with XBMC 10.1 git:e9e9099 (Compiled: Mar 9, 2011) using Aeon Nox Skin with Apple TV 1. It says "Error: script failed: randomitems.py" after I log in with my profile

This happened after I upgraded to Eden Beta. I found it to be too sluggish on atv1 so I downgraded back to Dharma. That is when it all began. I have tried other skins and they all return same error except for Confluence (but on videos it doesn't show any random/recently added items.

Part of the log is located here: http://pastebin.com/za87ihc6 although I can't paste the whole xbmc.log. Let me know if this is what you need. I suspect I just need a randomitems.py that works with Dharma 10.1 but haven't found one.

Any help would be appreciated.
That's because all skins updated to Eden versions and now you need to manually remove the Eden version and install the Dharma version.
adamomg Wrote:I'm getting the same thing with Aeon Nox. I upgraded to Eden Beta 3 and the skin was working fine with random animated backgrounds. I started it up again today and I get the randomitems.py error.

If you are still on Eden3 delete the addons15.db in your userdata folder and restart
I deleted the above file and restarted XBMC, it recreated the DB but I still get the same error has anyone found a solution?
Not sure what this script does or why this started happening since I didnt upgrade anything and its been working for weeks without issue.
(2012-08-08, 02:43)rjtrumbley Wrote: [ -> ]I deleted the above file and restarted XBMC, it recreated the DB but I still get the same error has anyone found a solution?
Not sure what this script does or why this started happening since I didnt upgrade anything and its been working for weeks without issue.

Weird... Same thing happened to me just now. Everything seemed to be working fine for week or so, and suddenly just now this started happening. Hmm... What skin do you have?
Cirrus Extended V2 (SVN) (SVN) running on OS X 10.7 with the latest stable release of Eden
I'm running reFocus big on OS X 10.6 with the latest Eden. I removed the script from the Addons folder temporarily. This is a botchy fix to the warning problem. But I'm not sure what used the script before so other issues might arise! Reading about the script here
Cool I might try that....I dont really use any add-ons just the TV Show / Movie lookup and not much else.
With the error my library seems to keep updating without issue.
I just received this message for the first time tonight. This is the relevant excerpt from the log. I'm on Nox 3.5

Code:
19:19:40 T:2800  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:19:45 T:2800   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
19:19:45 T:2800   ERROR: Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'has_key'
19:19:45 T:2800   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randomitems\RandomItems.py", line 433, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randomitems\RandomItems.py", line 79, in __init__
                                                self._fetch_musicvideo_info()
                                              File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.randomitems\RandomItems.py", line 190, in _fetch_musicvideo_info
                                                if json_response.has_key('result') and (json_response['result'].has_key('musicvideos')):
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'has_key'

I'm going to keep an eye on it and see what happens but I thought I'd throw this out there FWIW. Oh, and I have no music videos scraped.
yes.. i ran into this same issue as well with the fetch_musicvideo_info as well even though i have no musicvideos scraped

here is a debug log

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=6280
Please try latest version from downloads

and report back if there are issues
(2012-08-08, 08:19)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Please try latest version from downloads

Same issue. Log here.
(2012-08-08, 10:19)anamono Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-08-08, 08:19)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Please try latest version from downloads

Same issue. Log here.

Could you try changing the reported line the log from
PHP Code:
if json_response != None and json_response.has_key('result') and (json_response['result'].has_key('musicvideos')): 
to (and add that exptra print statement on the same indentation[/php])
PHP Code:
print json_response
if json_response and json_response.has_key('result') and (json_response['result'].has_key('musicvideos')): 

and see what that does?
I'm trying to make it work, but it's giving me an indentation error.
Pages: 1 2 3