Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC 10.1/11.0 beta1 doesn't open on Windows 7 64-bit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have installed before XBMC 10.1 on my Windows 7 64-bit and wasn't opening when I was trying to launch it. Now that XBMC 11.0 beta 1 appeared I tried this one and it doesn't work either(doesn't open).
On my Kubuntu 11.10 64-bit it works just great.

Anyone knows how to solve that problem?
I presume you've tried completely removing and reinstalling it?

Maybe disconnect it from the net and disable your anti virus & firewall and try it again.

It works perfectly on my 4 windows 7 x64 systems.
I tried on a freshly installed Windows. It doesn't open in my case.
What error does it give?
Have you tried installing the latest video drivers (it needs that)?
Is XBMC generating a log file? Open the log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here.

JR
Martijn Wrote:What error does it give?
Have you tried installing the latest video drivers (it needs that)?

It doesn't give any error, the wheel of the mouse is spinning(it shows that it loads something) than it stops and nothing appears.

I have the latest drivers for my nVidia video card.

jhsrennie, there is no log file. in %appdata%\xbmc are only some empty folders(Yes, I turned Show hidden folders and files on).

Btw, it turns my Task Manager unresponsive.
I did a restart, and before starting anything I tried starting XBMC and it worked. Strange. Maybe because of some other program it wasn't able to open?
You may think that I didn't had enough RAM but that's not true either because I have 8 GB and I never get to 50% usage.
aliancemd Wrote:I did a restart, and before starting anything I tried starting XBMC and it worked. Strange. Maybe because of some other program it wasn't able to open?
You may think that I didn't had enough RAM but that's not true either because I have 8 GB and I never get to 50% usage.

I have the EXACT same problem.. Tried reinstalling, tried everything... only works when the computer is a fresh restart. Also, if I try to open the task manager the task manager doesn't respond.. :mad:
i have the same problem too xbmc only starts up when it is the first thing i open after booting up. when i try to open it later it doesnt start at all and freezes task manager
@sorsok55: we need to see a debug log. See post #5 above.