Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC 11.0 Eden: RC 1 available now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Today we are excited to announce Eden Release Candidate 1. It has been a productive few weeks since Beta 3, as we’ve ironed out numerous minor (and one or two major) bugs.

In particular, we’ve:

Given preference to external subtitles over internal subtitles
Updated a number of XBMC translations for final release
Resolved a number of outstanding Airplay issues
Allowed specified movie sets to be sorted by title, rather than year, without changing the default sort order on other sets.
We’ve also added the useful feature of IP weather look up. Now, on a clean install of XBMC, users will no longer need to manually enter their weather location. Instead, XBMC will simply check the IP location of your box and auto-set the weather.

For a complete rundown on changes made since February 9th, feel free to visit here.

Now you all know what to do. Head on over to our download page, pick your favorite version of XBMC, and let us know how the experience goes in the comments.

One additional note: The new release of XBMCbuntu is currently delayed due to packaging issues. We will update this post with new info when it is ready.
Downloaded RC1 last night onto my MacMini (running Lion).
I'm amazed how good it is. I've yet to find any problems with it, other than the presenter list in the TED add-in not showing a complete list, but that's not an issue with XBMC per se (I assume).

Thanks to all who have made it possible. I'm very impressed.
Quote: Instead, XBMC will simply check the IP location of your box and auto-set the weather.

Hope it can be set to non-auto ... it's so inaccurate to be worthless. My ip reports as Madrid and I'm over 250 miles east!

The upnp renderering is still badly broken with double (and possibly triple) listings of albums and artists. I'm carping because I assume M stands for media in XBMC!!!
Big Grin

I love 'sudo apt-get upgrade'

Big Grin

Thanks
Appreciate all the hard work, beta 3 worked well for me, expect RC1 to be even better, will install tonight after I get home from work.

TC Nod
I have some major issues since installing RC1. Video on my Apple TV is very jerky and HD is unwatchable. What is going on? Similar issues manifested itself on earlier version only if I enabled Audio/Video sync.
Downgraded to beta 3, problem is gone. I am so surprised, every beta release was rock solid and progressively better, RC1 is a step back.
At last i can see the external subtitles
One more comment.
I can see a Huge difference in CPU Usage
Much better now Thanks a lot....................
I did a fresh install on my Win 7 x86 workstation. Looks good. If I "jump" forward in Video Podcasts I no longer see that cache full message.

Now for the real question...On my HTPC (also running Win 7 32bit). Should I install this over the top of Eden beta 3, or do a fresh install?

Thanks all

update: I was wrong. While watching an episode of Tekzilla, I used the right arrow to jump ahead and got that nasty "Cache full" pop-up again... oh well.
I just installed over since nightly before beta1 no problems with b1, b2, b3 or RC1.
Thanks, will give it a try...

update: Upgraded over the top no problem! Seems snappier too!!
TeKo Wrote:I just installed over since nightly before beta1 no problems with b1, b2, b3 or RC1.

Should i backup something? Or just install the RC1 over the beta3 and it will all be updated?

Thanks
weilah Wrote:Should i backup something? Or just install the RC1 over the beta3 and it will all be updated?

Thanks

Welcome to the forums. Yes, 99% of the time users simply install over and everything updates smoothly. Your database will be preserved (and new versions created if upgrading from before Beta 3).
Ok thank you.

And sorry, it was my first post and i just ask without thank you all the xbmc team for this amazing software.... So thank you.

i tried the Linux version, the live XBMC version and finally the windows version. The last one is the easy way to get my Remote Control working properly.

Let's see how runs this new RC1 Smile
is it ok to install over dharma 10.1?

Thanks again everybody for the hard work it is much appreciated!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6