Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alternative to Home Path
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On some of the file screens I have added a new media source which has worked fine but for example, on my current skin (Aeon MQ3) when I try to add a new backdrop it only offers me a local drive or Home path.
Is there a way I can add more locations, i.e. a network drive?

Oh this isn't specific to the current skin as it comes up on different config screens.
I think you can add a source for this from the File Manager (submenu under System)
Thanks Ned but that doesn't do it, that is how I added a new media source but the paths don't show up on backdrop locations etc.
Did you try it? Make sure to do it in the File Manger specifically. Adding the source there will make it show up in other options.
Ned Scott Wrote:Did you try it? Make sure to do it in the File Manger specifically. Adding the source there will make it show up in other options.

Correct.

There's also a trac ticket open on making the shares directly available in addons
Yeah guys I tried it directly adding the source through file manager which has shown up on certain menus but the one I am trying only shows C: and Home as an option.
{{INX}} Wrote:Yeah guys I tried it directly adding the source through file manager which has shown up on certain menus but the one I am trying only shows C: and Home as an option.

Add your problem/request to this ticket:

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12222
Done thanks Smile