Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: NBA International League Pass - Add-on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

thanks a lot for your great work! I appreciate it a lot. The only thing I'm missing now is the choice between home and away commentary. It would be awesome if you could add that as well once you have some spare time. If I figured it out right, it's just the difference between "a" and "h" in the video link.
Thanks again for this addon to all of you helping out with it!
(2013-05-07, 17:04)dtdish Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone here know how to get International NBA League pass working on XBMC for US residents?

I have a valid international account, live in US and am able to view games through international league pass online (used vpn service), but would love to have this through xbmc.

I downloaded bluecop repo, have the add-on, logged in with my international account but when I launch any of the games, nothing happens, I get an empty folder.

I too am in the same situation and am wondering if this is possible.
I downloaded the 0.6.4 plugin from the link two posts above mine and installed it in XBMC (v12.2) running on Windows 7. When I launch the plugin I see Archive, Condensed, NBA TV Live, Highlights, and Top Plays. Only Archive and Condensed work (and they work very well); Highlights and Top Plays simply do nothing, and selecting NBA TV Live pops up an error saying "Failed to get a video URL. Are you logged in?" (and sometimes also pops up the "Playback failed" XBMC error).

I took a quick glance at the code and I'm missing the "Live" option (because isLiveUsable() returned false for some reason). I'm hoping that only minor tweaks are needed to get this plugin working for me, and if anyone wants to take a crack at it I'll help in any way I can! I don't know python but the syntax looks pretty agreeable from what I just saw.

Lastly, thanks so much for such an awesome plugin! Even if I can't get it working for live games, the ability to watch archived and condensed games using the XBMC interface and my remote control is just amazing.
I don't have a us account, but the plugin needs an xbmc nightly from newer than 10th November to work properly. Install it over the top of your 12.2 version and it should hopefully work
[/php]
(2013-11-27, 06:24)VCDmonger Wrote: [ -> ]I too am in the same situation and am wondering if this is possible.
I downloaded the 0.6.4 plugin from the link two posts above mine and installed it in XBMC (v12.2) running on Windows 7. When I launch the plugin I see Archive, Condensed, NBA TV Live, Highlights, and Top Plays. Only Archive and Condensed work (and they work very well); Highlights and Top Plays simply do nothing, and selecting NBA TV Live pops up an error saying "Failed to get a video URL. Are you logged in?" (and sometimes also pops up the "Playback failed" XBMC error).

I took a quick glance at the code and I'm missing the "Live" option (because isLiveUsable() returned false for some reason). I'm hoping that only minor tweaks are needed to get this plugin working for me, and if anyone wants to take a crack at it I'll help in any way I can! I don't know python but the syntax looks pretty agreeable from what I just saw.

Lastly, thanks so much for such an awesome plugin! Even if I can't get it working for live games, the ability to watch archived and condensed games using the XBMC interface and my remote control is just amazing.

The live stuff is available only on XBMC nightly builds (that's what isLiveUsable() do, it checks if it's gotham). The nba tv live should go under the same check but I forgot about it Smile
The highlights and top plays should work on frodo, I'll test it this evening Smile
(2013-11-25, 19:24)donnied Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

thanks a lot for your great work! I appreciate it a lot. The only thing I'm missing now is the choice between home and away commentary. It would be awesome if you could add that as well once you have some spare time. If I figured it out right, it's just the difference between "a" and "h" in the video link.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll see if I can show a context menu with the choice without changing the listview. If it's not possible I will add it as an addon setting.
Awesome, thank you!
Impressive work guys. I've been following along on all the progress and the incredible work that has been made. Live games are finally working but does any one know if this plugin will work for residents of the USA who subscribe to league pass?
I almost finished adding home/away feeds, but I can't test what happens when you don't have the "premium" nba league pass. This is also true for nba tv live. If someone has some hints on how to detect if the subscribed user has the premium or basic version of nba league pass please share it with me Smile

(2013-12-01, 00:09)encript Wrote: [ -> ]Impressive work guys. I've been following along on all the progress and the incredible work that has been made. Live games are finally working but does any one know if this plugin will work for residents of the USA who subscribe to league pass?

I honestly don't know, should work fine with some games blacked out because of national/local television. Feedback is welcomed Smile
(2013-12-02, 15:54)maxgalbu Wrote: [ -> ]I almost finished adding home/away feeds, but I can't test what happens when you don't have the "premium" nba league pass. This is also true for nba tv live. If someone has some hints on how to detect if the subscribed user has the premium or basic version of nba league pass please share it with me Smile

(2013-12-01, 00:09)encript Wrote: [ -> ]Impressive work guys. I've been following along on all the progress and the incredible work that has been made. Live games are finally working but does any one know if this plugin will work for residents of the USA who subscribe to league pass?

I honestly don't know, should work fine with some games blacked out because of national/local television. Feedback is welcomed Smile
Thanks. I wish I could say that some games were working. Okay here is my feedback so far. When I sign in and I try to play a game I get an error message stating something to the effect of "could not find video url are your logged in?" I checked several times to make sure I entered my credentials right and they are correct.

I went and took a look at the py scripts and seen the url that was being used. I copy and pasted it in to a browser and tried to sign in that way. It must have detected I was in the USA and said I can't sign in and pointed to a link to the USA site.

I can see games using the USA lp link signed in from a browser. I am also using league pass choice which is a pick of five teams. Perhaps this is why I cannot see games. I have an iPad but wanted to see games on a big screen. I believe a mod to the url may allow USA lp subscribers to watch games. But I'm no programmer. Thanks for all the time and great work.
(2013-12-02, 17:15)encript Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. I wish I could say that some games were working. Okay here is my feedback so far. When I sign in and I try to play a game I get an error message stating something to the effect of "could not find video url are your logged in?" I checked several times to make sure I entered my credentials right and they are correct.

I went and took a look at the py scripts and seen the url that was being used. I copy and pasted it in to a browser and tried to sign in that way. It must have detected I was in the USA and said I can't sign in and pointed to a link to the USA site.

I can see games using the USA lp link signed in from a browser. I am also using league pass choice which is a pick of five teams. Perhaps this is why I cannot see games. I have an iPad but wanted to see games on a big screen. I believe a mod to the url may allow USA lp subscribers to watch games. But I'm no programmer. Thanks for all the time and great work.

Wow, I just saw the american version of league pass and it's completely different from the "world" version, and my european credentials don't even work.

i.e.: we login from
https://watch.nba.com/nba/secure/login

you probably login from:
https://audience.nba.com/services/msib/f...6type%3Dlp

Probably the video urls are the same, but without an american account I can't do much more. I would need to buy the american league pass and see what http calls the flash player makes, and replicate them into the code.
Sorry Confused
(2013-11-27, 12:21)maxgalbu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-11-25, 19:24)donnied Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll see if I can show a context menu with the choice without changing the listview. If it's not possible I will add it as an addon setting.

(2013-12-02, 20:12)maxgalbu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-02, 17:15)encript Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. I wish I could say that some games were working. Okay here is my feedback so far. When I sign in and I try to play a game I get an error message stating something to the effect of "could not find video url are your logged in?" I checked several times to make sure I entered my credentials right and they are correct.

Wow, I just saw the american version of league pass and it's completely different from the "world" version, and my european credentials don't even work.

you probably login from:

Probably the video urls are the same, but without an american account I can't do much more. I would need to buy the american league pass and see what http calls the flash player makes, and replicate them into the code.
Sorry Confused

Yeah, from what I know it's developed and maintained by different companies - the US and the international League Pass, I mean.

I do have the premium version but unfortunately I don't know how to detect which version a certain account is signed up to.
To summarize: this plugin as it is doesn't work for USA league pass accounts.
If someone wants to contribute with some code or give me an USA account the feature could be integrated.

In the meantime here's 0.6.5:
https://bitbucket.org/maxgalbu/plugin.vi...v0_6_5.zip

Code:
added home/away feeds
        fix highlight and top plays on frodo
        nba tv live: force the right bitrate by getting the xml first
(2013-12-02, 20:12)maxgalbu Wrote: [ -> ]

you probably login from:

Sorry Confused

After successfully signing in this is the url I see http://premium.nba.com/pr/leaguepass/app...se&type=lp. which has the flash player for the games. Ive tried modifying the code and now I get a different error message. It now says can not sign in error in leaguepass.py. Worth a try.
(2013-12-02, 23:53)maxgalbu Wrote: [ -> ]In the meantime here's 0.6.5:
https://bitbucket.org/maxgalbu/plugin.vi...v0_6_5.zip

Code:
added home/away feeds
        fix highlight and top plays on frodo
        nba tv live: force the right bitrate by getting the xml first

I've checked out 0.6.5 now. Thank you for all the work. Everything seems to work for me now - you seem to have confused home and away feed though - it's exactly the other way around with the two games I've checked. When I try to open what you've called the "away" feed, I'm getting an error, something like "One or more contents could not be played. Please check the logfile for more information." If you tell me where the logfile is saved, I can paste that here. When i try the same a second time though, there is no error and the video is played without problems.

For yesterday's games Pelicans-Bulls and Magic-Wizards I can't choose between home and away feed but those games might have been on NBA TV and thus not have different feeds, I didn't have time to check yet.

NBA TV Live I cannot watch because I don't know where to start it from, I didn't see any menu option for that but I might have overseen it.

Everything else seems to work smoothly Smile I'm glad about home and away mostly. Now this addon is state of the art. We have all the options from the flash version but the video vault (which sucks anyway so far) and the 10s / 1 min fast forward options which I don't believe are possible on XBMC.
Thanks a lot again!
(2013-12-02, 23:47)donnied Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, from what I know it's developed and maintained by different companies - the US and the international League Pass, I mean.

I do have the premium version but unfortunately I don't know how to detect which version a certain account is signed up to.

Didn't know that. Thanks Smile

(2013-12-03, 01:03)encript Wrote: [ -> ]After successfully signing in this is the url I see http://premium.nba.com/pr/leaguepass/app...se&type=lp. which has the flash player for the games. Ive tried modifying the code and now I get a different error message. It now says can not sign in error in leaguepass.py. Worth a try.

@encript I can't try anything without an american league pass account and a usa VPN connection (and I can only hope that the nba doesn't ban the account if it sees another ip connecting).

(2013-12-03, 16:34)donnied Wrote: [ -> ]I've checked out 0.6.5 now. Thank you for all the work. Everything seems to work for me now - you seem to have confused home and away feed though - it's exactly the other way around with the two games I've checked. When I try to open what you've called the "away" feed, I'm getting an error, something like "One or more contents could not be played. Please check the logfile for more information." If you tell me where the logfile is saved, I can paste that here. When i try the same a second time though, there is no error and the video is played without problems.

For yesterday's games Pelicans-Bulls and Magic-Wizards I can't choose between home and away feed but those games might have been on NBA TV and thus not have different feeds, I didn't have time to check yet.

NBA TV Live I cannot watch because I don't know where to start it from, I didn't see any menu option for that but I might have overseen it.

Everything else seems to work smoothly Smile I'm glad about home and away mostly. Now this addon is state of the art. We have all the options from the flash version but the video vault (which sucks anyway so far) and the 10s / 1 min fast forward options which I don't believe are possible on XBMC.
Thanks a lot again!

You're right about home and away feed Smile
the NBA TV Live is available only using xbmc nightly builds, just like the live games
The "One or more contents could not be played. Please check the logfile for more information" dialog pops out the first time you play a video and i still can't figure out why.