Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon MQ3 Can I/How to create a submenu under a new Menu item
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First time poster, but I've been using XBMC for about a year now. I recently upgraded to Eden RC2 and installed AeonMQ3. LOVE IT. the skin is beautiful.

However, either the skin out of the box won't allow me to do something that I wish to do, (something that is possible in another skin (Transparency) or I am unable to figure out how to configure the main menu as I wish. I've searched these forums, googled and come up empty.

I'm hoping someone out there can help....

I keep my media on a NAS and SMB:// to the shares to configure my sources.
Each source is a separate share :
\\{mediaserver}\Movies
\\{mediaserver}\TV Shows
\\{mediaserver}\Music
\\{mediaserver}\Pictures
\\{mediaserver}\Kids Movies

I made the \\{mediaserver}\Kids Movies a favorite and added it to the Home Menu. When I select it, my Kids Movie media is selected. Good.

What I would like to do next and where I am stuck:
  1. Create a submenu option under my new "Kids Movies" home menu.
  2. Add submenu items that point to selected video add ons (already selected as favorites).
  3. Is it also possible to add similar submenu items that exist under "Movies" if I use a playlist to isolate these movies from my existing video library?

Can someone let me know if the above is possible...and if yes, please provide instructions (I am OK mod'ing xml if necessary) on how to put the final touches on my XBMC

Thanks in advance,
SpackAttack

(2012-03-23, 19:40)Spackattack Wrote: [ -> ]First time poster, but I've been using XBMC for about a year now. I recently upgraded to Eden RC2 and installed AeonMQ3. LOVE IT. the skin is beautiful.

However, either the skin out of the box won't allow me to do something that I wish to do, (something that is possible in another skin (Transparency) or I am unable to figure out how to configure the main menu as I wish. I've searched these forums, googled and come up empty.

I'm hoping someone out there can help....

I keep my media on a NAS and SMB:// to the shares to configure my sources.
Each source is a separate share :
\\{mediaserver}\Movies
\\{mediaserver}\TV Shows
\\{mediaserver}\Music
\\{mediaserver}\Pictures
\\{mediaserver}\Kids Movies

I made the \\{mediaserver}\Kids Movies a favorite and added it to the Home Menu. When I select it, my Kids Movie media is selected. Good.

What I would like to do next and where I am stuck:
  1. Create a submenu option under my new "Kids Movies" home menu.
  2. Add submenu items that point to selected video add ons (already selected as favorites).
  3. Is it also possible to add similar submenu items that exist under "Movies" if I use a playlist to isolate these movies from my existing video library?

Can someone let me know if the above is possible...and if yes, please provide instructions (I am OK mod'ing xml if necessary) on how to put the final touches on my XBMC

Thanks in advance,
SpackAttack

I think I can help as my current set-up is similar to yours AND I had the same issues you speak of just recently. As far as I can tell you can't create sub-menus under the "stock" menus that come in MQ3 (please correct me if I am wrong as I would love to know!). So what did I do?

Use the "favorite" function in XBMC. I favorited all my folders, all my add-ons, and my smart playlists to be able to build the structure you are speaking of. You will need to enable the "pro" or "super" version of MQ3 and make all new menus under the FAVORITE custom menus. Does that make sense? So I had to build the following structure to get my Movies and submenus setup the way I want.

1. Deactivated the "stock" Movies menu
2. Created a new favorite menu, named Movies, pointed towards my movies on my NAS.
3. Create a submenu for my addons
3. Create a submenu for "Kids movies" which was a smart playlist for movies rated G and PG
4. ect ..

It works, but the downside is you lose the ability to see the movies and movies watched on the main menu bar. A small price to pay for me to have a set-up just the way I want.

Hopefully that has helped. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Yes this is possible but requires some coding on your part. When I have a chance I will post up the How To..
farr3ll I would greatly appreciate your time and efforts.

Many thanks in advance !

SpackAttack
(2012-03-23, 23:21)Spackattack Wrote: [ -> ]farr3ll I would greatly appreciate your time and efforts.

Many thanks in advance !

SpackAttack

no probs.. just got to wade through all the kids I'm hungrys, I'm boreds etc first!
Hello @ all,

First time poster, too Wink. I used xbmc the last time, i owned my xbox1 (great times btw), since than i really never touched xbmc again, I have to used the good old Popcorn Hour C200 with yamj. But since 1 week, im a Mac Mini user, and the 1st thing is installing xbmc Wink. I have the same setup like the thread owner, I have 3 Shares on my win Pc (smb):

\\{mediaserver}\Movies (all mkv rips 1080p)
\\{mediaserver}\TV (the most are xvids)
\\{mediaserver}\Cinema (all xvids)

The thing I wanna do is, to have 3 different Sections on the Main Screen "Cinema", "Movies", and "TV-Shows". I tryed it with making a Fav and pointed it to Videos-Files-Cinema, and adding a Favorite to the MainScreen, and named it "Cinema" and pointed it to the Cinema Fav that i created before. It woorks BUT, i have 2 probs :/

1st.)
When I go into that Cinema-Fav, i didnt see the Movies Posters, i have the normal standard folder icons for each Movie. The Prob is that the Movies in my Cinema Folder (on my pc) are all in subfolders, like /xvids/Hangover2/Hangover2.avi, when i put all the movies in the mainfolder like that /xvids/Hangover2.avi, i see the movie posters ...and when i go into the Movies Section, I have all Movie Posters, even if the files are in subfolders or not, and there came Problem 2 :/

2nd.)
When I go into my Movies Section, I have ALL Movies in that Section, the ones from the Cinema Share (\\{mediaserver}\Cinema) , and the ones from my Movies Share (\\{mediaserver}\Movies) all together. Is there any way to seperate the Cinema Share and the Movies Share?
Try changing your favourites into smart playlist. This should solve this issue Wink
(2012-03-31, 11:47)Ovokx Wrote: [ -> ]Try changing your favourites into smart playlist. This should solve this issue Wink

thx alot but that didnt solve my problem :/ I try to make a new smart playlist, and named it cinema, but my problem is, when i go into that playlist, i have all my movies show up under that smart playlist :/ But I wanna seperate my "Cinema" Movies from my "HD" Movies in my archive. ...and i cant delete the smart playlist :/ try to push "c" and delete, but nothing happens, the playlist is still there.