Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [WIP] Switch King (a Tellstick 3rd party program) addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have seen a few autoexec.py scripts that executes a python file which triggers the Tellstick when a movie is started/stopped/paused/resumed but all these require the user to change in a python file if they want to change anything. So i have written a addon that's split up in two parts, a program addon where you can select a scenario or browse your devices and turn them on/off or dim. The other part is a service addon that listens to player events and triggers the selected scenario when the player event is triggered.

If anyone else is using Switch King and Xbmc please try it out and report any bugs on Github!

https://github.com/nilzen/xbmc-switchking
Step-by-step guide for n00bs, please Wink

1. Download the latest version from https://github.com/nilzen/xbmc-switchking/downloads
  2. Install the zip file in System > Add-ons > Install from zip file
  3. Configure the add-on
  4. Try it out!
I LOVE YOU!!!

Had to do a restart of XBMC, but now it works like a charm!

Recommended!
I can't seem to get this to work 100%. Switch King works like a charm, and I have several other addons on XBMC that work without problems. The addon can connect to the Switch King server and I can control both devices and scenarios, but the automatic video play/stop is not working.

Any ideas?
Nice work. Thanks!

Is it also possible for you to add the data sources view from SK?

Best Regards
Martin
Nice, bought an tellstick duo last week ans have just started to play with it.

Is there any way to implement a time req option for example that it has to be after 19:00 for the plugin to be active?
Havent found an easy way to set time as a condition in SK

/Ontrose
Hi

could you write a plugin for XBMC openelec to control lamps via telldus USB?
Hi! I have tried this plugin but it won't istall on XBMC (Helix on win), stating the zip file have wrong structure. I guess the addon is not updated for the Helix version.

Are there any other other addons similiar to this? I should mention I also tried an addon created by henkapenka, don't remember what it is called though. That addon is obsolete and cannot be used until developer make some upgrades.

Really appreciate any respond!
Hi, I finally solved the installation issue (just needed to update the python version in the addon.xml)
But the next question, do I need to edit the settings.xml? It looks like this now, after some slight changes:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="true"?>
-<settings>
<setting default="192.168.1.69" label="30500" type="ipaddress" id="host"/> IP adress changed to the computer that hosts the Switchking-server
<setting default="8800" label="30501" type="text" id="port"/> Port 8800 is okay
<setting label="30502" type="text" id="username"/> I guess I need to change "username" to my actual username on the switchking server?
<setting label="30503" type="text" id="password"/> Same as above, change "password" to my actual password?
<setting type="sep"/> Ingen aning
<setting label="30510" type="bool" id="event_enabled"/>
<setting label="30511" type="action" id="event_video_play" enable="eq(-1,true)" action="RunScript($CWD/scenario_select.py, event_video_play)"/>
<setting label="30512" type="action" id="event_video_stop" enable="eq(-2,true)" action="RunScript($CWD/scenario_select.py, event_video_stop)"/>
</settings>

With these settings I still don't work. I successfully installed the addon, but when I am searching for my Devices, I receive a script error after a while. What have I missed?
I really appreciate any response!!
I know nothing about this add-on. However, I can say this: don't edit the settings.xml file. This sets up the template for the settings screen. You can change your settings by going to the add-ons menu in Kodi and then selecting "configure" from the add-on's context menu.
(2015-01-07, 11:15)el_Paraguayo Wrote: [ -> ]I know nothing about this add-on. However, I can say this: don't edit the settings.xml file. This sets up the template for the settings screen. You can change your settings by going to the add-ons menu in Kodi and then selecting "configure" from the add-on's context menu.
Hi!
That sounds reasonable, thanks for you input. When I changed that and when I yesterday tried to configure the addon in the GUI, the IP adress was already correct, most likely because I edited the file. But this will probably cause more errors, so I will reset the file to the default one. Thanks again!
Changing the default in settings.xml shouldn't cause a problem, changing the id will.
(2015-01-07, 12:04)el_Paraguayo Wrote: [ -> ]Changing the default in settings.xml shouldn't cause a problem, changing the id will.
Yes, when you put it that way I think I understand how this works. I did change the default value, but also the id value for username and password. Well, I will make another try tonight, thanks for your support!
Switch King's death vigorous exaggerated - Switch King lives.

Switch King is a platform for home automation that can run in both Windows and Linux environment.
In addition, there are apps for both Android and iOS.

The development has for various reasons been down for a period.
Now there is a restart under new management by the founders as advisors.

As the development has been resumed, we give everybody an opportunity to influence.
See published questionnaire:

https://members.paloma.se/Surveys/Pass/ ... 8396c54658

The results will be published in the next newsletter, as it will form the basis for the development plan, so it really pays off to respond.

We listen and plan for you
http://www.switchking.se
Pages: 1 2