Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Yellow Line through weather icons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
any ideas on how to correct this? unfortunately this happened on one box now goes across all 3. Not that serious but any insight would be appreciated.

Adding debug Log - http://pastebin.com/1niijuZT
I think that's the fallback icon for when a connection to the weather server could not be established. There might be a problem with your internet connection.
You have not selected a location, perhaps 'use proxy' is enabled or no internet connection
(2012-04-10, 16:41)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]You have not selected a location, perhaps 'use proxy' is enabled or no internet connection
Unfortunately that does not seem to be the issue all other features of the addon are in working order. Just the icon that seems to be messed up.
added debug log to original post - http://pastebin.com/1niijuZT
Weather Plus is giving errors. According to the weatherplus thread it isn't getting update cause the creator hasn't gor time for it.

Try the default weather add-on Wunderground if that works
Will have to do. Thank you Martijn
I experience the same behavior (yellow strokes through icons and missing weather data) right after evey system boot using Weather Underground. Once I trigger a manual refresh, the weather reports are pulled in and icons/data is updated.

I checked the debug log for errors, but frankly there's nothing related there.

I sense that XBMC is trying to update the weather before the networking has been established. It would be good to have some dependency for this.

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (but happened on 11.10 as well)
XBMC Eden
(2012-05-05, 16:15)daanwillems Wrote: [ -> ]I experience the same behavior (yellow strokes through icons and missing weather data) right after evey system boot using Weather Underground. Once I trigger a manual refresh, the weather reports are pulled in and icons/data is updated.

I've noticed the same behavior on my setups. Haven't looked into it enough to see if it happens every time but whenever it does happen a manual refresh clears it up.
(2012-05-05, 16:15)daanwillems Wrote: [ -> ]I experience the same behavior (yellow strokes through icons and missing weather data) right after evey system boot using Weather Underground. Once I trigger a manual refresh, the weather reports are pulled in and icons/data is updated.

I checked the debug log for errors, but frankly there's nothing related there.

I sense that XBMC is trying to update the weather before the networking has been established.

that's indeed most likely the case.
the next version of wunderground will address this issue,
by trying to refetch weather at a 10 sec. interval when the previous attempt failed.

(2012-05-05, 16:15)daanwillems Wrote: [ -> ]It would be good to have some dependency for this.

agreed. i'm sure wunderground isn't the only addon that requires internet connectivity at startup.
i'm not 100% sure whether each addon should add a check for connectivity
or if this is something that would better be handled at xbmc level.