Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fanart Backgrounds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rapier is my fav skin since I bough a pile of ATV2's for my house, but one thing has been bothering me. Perhaps I am doing something wrong but here is whats up.

I select to use fanart as a background for my TV SHOWS and MOVIES categories, but it uses the same fanart for both, ie while TV SHOWS is selected I will see a Harry Potter picture and when MOVIES is selected sometimes I will see Community fanart.

Is there a way to show fanart only pertaining to that menu?

THANKS!!!
I was actually wondering the same. I know that Aeon skin separates the two but most other skins do not.
xbmc uses the same folder for storing all fanart images,
it doesn't use different folders for movie fanarts and tv shows fanarts.
when you choose fanart as background option you are using that folder for displaying them.

what can you do about it?
Create your own fanart folders.
Put fanarts of your favourite movies to the first one, and fanarts of your favourite tv shows to the second one.
Then in movies background options choose multi image as background option and set the first folder as path.
Finally in tv shows background options choose multi image as background option and set the second folder as path.
That would work, but as I said, Aeon skin displays only TV backgrounds for the TV section and only movie backgrounds for movies...and it doesn't reorganize any of the images to different directories. So clearly it is possible...I'm just not sure how.
(2012-04-14, 02:31)Vaikin Wrote: [ -> ]That would work, but as I said, Aeon skin displays only TV backgrounds for the TV section and only movie backgrounds for movies...and it doesn't reorganize any of the images to different directories. So clearly it is possible...I'm just not sure how.

It's not possible.
Aeon Nox 3 has the following background options.

For movies
default, single image, multi image, recently added (movies)

For tv shows
default, single image, multi image, recently added (episodes)

It doesn't have a fanart option (fanarts from the whole library),
it displays fanart of the latest 10 movies or 10 episodes in order to seperate them.
This is a completely different option.
You are basically asking for a new background option for movies and tv shows (recently added fanart).

This would require too much code, since multiimage control can be used only for folders with images and not for separate images, so I really don't know if scarfa would want to add it as a new background option or replace the existing fanart option with that.
You can use Fanart Downloader to sort them out...
Aeon MQ 3 - Skin Settings - Main Menu Visual Options - Use Library Fanarts for the Movie Item
Aeon MQ 3 - Skin Settings - Main Menu Visual Options - Use Library Fanarts for the TV Item

Everytime you hover over the TV Shows or Movie item the background changes. I switched between tv and movies a few dozen times just now. The tv backgrounds eventually went through every series I have. Movies did the same, cycling through every movie. Clearly much different than what you listed for Aeon Nox.

(2012-04-14, 03:49)lambda Wrote: [ -> ]It's not possible.
Aeon Nox 3 has the following background options.

For movies
default, single image, multi image, recently added (movies)

For tv shows
default, single image, multi image, recently added (episodes)

It doesn't have a fanart option (fanarts from the whole library),
it displays fanart of the latest 10 movies or 10 episodes in order to seperate them.
This is a completely different option.
You are basically asking for a new background option for movies and tv shows (recently added fanart).

This would require too much code, since multiimage control can be used only for folders with images and not for separate images, so I really don't know if scarfa would want to add it as a new background option or replace the existing fanart option with that.

(2012-04-14, 05:53)Vaikin Wrote: [ -> ]Aeon MQ 3 - Skin Settings - Main Menu Visual Options - Use Library Fanarts for the Movie Item
Aeon MQ 3 - Skin Settings - Main Menu Visual Options - Use Library Fanarts for the TV Item

Everytime you hover over the TV Shows or Movie item the background changes. I switched between tv and movies a few dozen times just now. The tv backgrounds eventually went through every series I have. Movies did the same, cycling through every movie. Clearly much different than what you listed for Aeon Nox.

Aeon MQ3 achieves this by using Artwork Organizer.
It is still not supported by the core of xbmc.
So you are asking for Artwork Organizer support.

Artwork Organizer works the same way I described before (create your own fanart folders).
It copies all artwork to its own data folder. It just automates the process.
Everytime you update your library, you have to run Artwork Organizer
in order to populate the addon's data folder with new artwork or remove it.

I like it but I will add this only if scarfa approves it.
And it will take some time since it's not in my high priority list.
Unless scarfa wants to add it himself sooner.Smile