Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Changing channel on the guide without the menu?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, im not sure if this is a PVR or a skin question?

Basically when i click on a channel on the epg guide i'd like it to tune directly to the channel and not get the popup menu which says "switch / record / ok" on it, does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance!
Sure, add this to your advancedsettings.xml

<pvr>
<showepginfoonselect>false</showepginfoonselect>
</pvr>
ahh fantastic, thank you! Are these features documented anywhere out of interest?
Nope... You have to dig deep. A shame really... But it's not in mainline yet so I guess that's why. Maybe there should be a sticky thread for advancedsettings, and remote commands or something. Would help out people a lot and should eliminate double posts.

Hope that helped.
You may look here:

https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/blob/m...ttings.cpp

it is not a documentation, but you can get at least an impression what else can be possible.
Great,ŧhanks guys. A remote setup/guide for each remote would be very hand - i've been struggling with my hauppauge nova-t for a few weeks and i think i have finally got it working properly, i'll post up a guide sometime soon as i dont want to go through that hell again, and it seems like there is no other good enough guide about on the net!