Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 3 different builts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, I'm planning to build my first HTPC and can't decide on a config.
Main purpose would be playing all different kind of video files and music. Also my girlfriend would like to have the option to play some games like Wow, Reckoning and so on. Maybe I will want to play some egoshooters as well. I want to spend as less as necessary so it became pretty hard to decide on one config. A Blu-ray drive, a seperate Cpu cooler and a SSD will be bought later and I still got a hard drive I could use.
I would like to know if I should wait for ivy bridge or go with one of the configs I made. Would be nice if you could help me decide on a config and/or give suggestions for optimizing.

Config 1:
http://geizhals.de/eu/?cat=WL-229136
Config 2
http://geizhals.de/eu/?cat=WL-229916
Config 3
http://geizhals.de/eu/?cat=WL-230570

Thanks in advance.
If you want the best CPU and GPU for games, 3d, bitstreaming, etc, Config 3 is the best of the three choices......

Config 2 should be able to playback everything and some games tooo.....
i vote for config 2
Great.now i still dont know what to buy ^^ what are the arguments for the a8 over the i3 except the graphics? Will it be possible to play games nearly as good as with a i3 in combination with the discrete graphics card?sorry for typos.using my phone
if u dont plan to play at hardcore games at FULL DETAILS like CRYSIS,
A8 is perfect 4 u
(2012-04-15, 14:39)riptide Wrote: [ -> ]Great.now i still dont know what to buy ^^ what are the arguments for the a8 over the i3 except the graphics? Will it be possible to play games nearly as good as with a i3 in combination with the discrete graphics card?sorry for typos.using my phone
If you are talking about raw power for games, AMD A8-3850 + AMD HD6550D cannot compare to Intel i3-2105 + AMD HD7750. HD6550D in A8-3850 is equivalent to a discrete HD6450, and it cannot be compared to a discrete HD7750. If you want to compare it, you can compare A8-3850+HD6550D and i3-2105+HD3000.

If you have your mind set on games, go for i3-2105+HD7750...........

Ok.thanks a lot.i will have to think about it cuz the gaming option is mostly important for my girlfriend.i got my gaming pc but it always feels better to get the better hardware option
i3-2105 + XFX HD6570 (fanLess)
(2012-04-15, 21:34)riptide Wrote: [ -> ]is mostly important for my girlfriend
After 5 kids, I know exactly what you mean.....it's hard to impress a lady.....I think that she'll be very impress with Intel i3-2105 + AMD HD7750 HTPC......Nod
I guess I will go for the i3 config and hope there won't be too many problems to face. For example I just installed xbmc on my fathers pc so he could watch some movies smoothly and easily on his Tv but unfortunately it kind of mini stutters at tracking shots etc. using vlc on the same movie it runs smoothly. I guess it's about xbmc settings but I'm not sure which settings exactly. My father doesn't notice the "stutter" but it annoys me.
only one memory stick ?
At my fathers pc or my HTPC config?
My fathers pc got 2 4gb rams. As for my HTPC I'm just trying to save money where I can for the moment so I thought that for the beginning I could go for 1 memory stick and buy another one later.
there's no problems in using just 1 stick of am.
(2012-04-16, 12:38)riptide Wrote: [ -> ]At my fathers pc or my HTPC config?
My fathers pc got 2 4gb rams. As for my HTPC I'm just trying to save money where I can for the moment so I thought that for the beginning I could go for 1 memory stick and buy another one later.
How about start off with 2x2= 4GB? It'll be better, and you will not need to upgrade it for a long time........

(2012-04-16, 01:07)riptide Wrote: [ -> ]I guess I will go for the i3 config and hope there won't be too many problems to face. For example I just installed xbmc on my fathers pc so he could watch some movies smoothly and easily on his Tv but unfortunately it kind of mini stutters at tracking shots etc. using vlc on the same movie it runs smoothly. I guess it's about xbmc settings but I'm not sure which settings exactly. My father doesn't notice the "stutter" but it annoys me.
You should not have any problem with XBMC using i3+HD7750. For your father PC, try to select DXVA2 with DXVA as Render Method in XBMC settings/video/playback.......
Thanks for your help.I will try it tomorrow. I got one further question: is there a cheap, good case where there is a cover in front of the Bluray drive? For the grandia I think there is a cover you can put on the drive by double sided tape but would be great if there was a cheaper one Big Grin
Pages: 1 2