Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Asrock machine check error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Just received a ASRock H67M-ITX to play with a cheap 2125 I picked up from microcenter, everthing installed and works fine turned off machine and went to sleep.

This morning when I turned on the machine, it keeps showing "machine check error" during boot, I can go into bios and such and can't boot. Reseated ram restore bios settings still same. Finally unplug ps let it sit for a while and now it turns on Sad

Anyone knows what this error mean? I don't feel too good about this board Sad
A machine check exception occurs when an internal fault is detected in between your CPU and mainboard.

try to Prime95 your system and see if u get bad results.

if u do, rma CPU.

Okay will do.
Maybe I'll reseat the cpu.
tell us the outcome.
It's a non-specific hardware error, and means the system doesn't know what's wrong. Here's a few things you can try to find out what's going on (in no particular order ...):
  • Make sure all connections are well made, and that there's nothing in the case that shouldn't be there. If you can, check under the motherboard to see if anything is touching the underside that shouldn't be (not very likely, so don't worry if you can't).
  • Run Memcheck.
  • If the system is running, check temperatures of the CPU etc.
  • Remove all non-essential hardware, see if the error still occurs.

If these don't turn up anything, then it's probably something wrong with the motherboard, and most likely unfixable.

Good luck!
it can definitely be the CPU too numb7rs.
thats why im asking for a Prime95 verification.

of course, i always suggest to run a MemTEST to see
if your ram is good like usual process of things when getting a new Rig.
Yes, you're right, I forgot to include that in my list. I didn't say it was comprehensive :p
lets wait for rezultzt!
Same motherboard, i3-2105 and getting "machine check error" every say 1 in 15 times I turn on my htpc. Very frustrating as I dont know what the problem is. It is the first custom pc I ever build too so I am kinda disheartened. Just tonight I got the error and I am not sure if it was because I turned on my surround sound before the HTPC (with latest openelec stable).
Not sure what else it could be. I got a small case fan connected that seems to be doing okay, usb IR, hdmi, digital out...
I checked connections and flashed latest bios.

edit: oops board is h61m-itx
man, could it be a bad H67M-ITX batch?
certainly looks like it.
I took my machine apart last night to check everything and all looks good. One thing I noticed in bios is that the auto memory voltage is 1.575 (or something like that) when the memory needs 1.5v. There is no 1.5v selection on the board so I put it to 1.475v. I dont know if that makes a difference. I only get the "machine check error" message rarely so its hard for me to tell.
If you could both post your full specs, we can see if there's anything else in common. Unfortunately it's really hard to diagnose an intermittent error.
this is my build, like I said the error is not very common for me but I did get it yesterday out of the blue.

Chieftec BT-02B, 180W SFX, Mini-ITX
ASRock H61M-ITX, Sockel 1155, ITX
4GB Patriot AMD Entertainment Edition PC3-12800 1600MHz
Intel Core i3-2105 Box, LGA1155
(2012-04-29, 13:45)settings Wrote: [ -> ]I took my machine apart last night to check everything and all looks good. One thing I noticed in bios is that the auto memory voltage is 1.575 (or something like that) when the memory needs 1.5v. There is no 1.5v selection on the board so I put it to 1.475v. I dont know if that makes a difference. I only get the "machine check error" message rarely so its hard for me to tell.

You trying to install windows on USB? Somewhere here I read i'ts because of that.... i could be wrong...

It's morning still sleepy...
I just have openelec stable on it now, nothing else. I did install it with a usb stick though. The only usb connected is my hp usb ir which is giving me no trouble
Pages: 1 2