Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Installing Eden via Putty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’ve recently just performed the tethered jail break on my ATV2 (my fault as I had planned to use 4.4.4 but messed it up!)

That has all worked well and I set about reading how to install XBMC onto it. I downloaded putty to SSH onto the box and found that fine. I then worked through all the commands in the sticky here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127369

apt-get update
mkdir -p /Applications/AppleTV.app/Appliances
apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
mkdir -p /Applications/XBMC.frappliance
wget http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/atv2/deb/org...os-arm.deb
dpkg -i org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-3_iphoneos-arm.deb
rm org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-3_iphoneos-arm.deb

Not sure if it was me doing something wrong but the mkdir commands didn’t seem to do anything other than start a fresh line for #Root. Although I assume that’s just making a directory to install files in?
What confused me though was that when running the rm org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-3_iphoneos-arm.deb command it didn’t seem to do anything other than starting a new line for #root.

How do I know if xbmc has installed correctly? Do I also need to do anything differently when doing the tethered boot?
When nothing happens - it is the sign for "no error". So everything is fine. You know if you have done it right, when the XBMC icon is visible and XBMC works Smile
Sounds like i've done it all right then! I think because there was no confirmation message or anything i wasn't sure and I was downstairs with my wife in bed in the room with the atv2, so I couldn’t go and test it.

Will give it a whirl tonight Smile
Is my assumption correct that you are on 5.1 now ?
Apologies for not being clear. Yes i am. I clicked Create IPSW in Seasonpass which downloaded the latest version rather than right clicking and selecting 4.4.4.
Do you still have your SHSH blobs for 4.4.4 ? Because then we could get you back on track.
IT-King what exactly do you try to do for the OP? As far as i can see all question where already answered here.
Isnt he still stuck on tethered boot ? With SHSH its easily reverted to 4.4.4 which was his original intention i believe.
ahh yeah that might be his intention ...
Unfortunately I didn't back up any previous blobs do couldn't do that.

Have got it all working now though so just having a play with different skins and trying to get Xbmc commander working.