Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Just wanted to say what a great little app. this is, very helpful and keeps my 4 boys from wondering around the server :-)

Thanks baijuxavior
(2012-11-17, 11:47)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]Here is my idea - write a simple vb.net gui interface and add two buttons one for xbmc and the other for win7. Use this gui as shell and you can select whichever option you want. You could try this in autohotkey also.

OK thanks mate will try that option
Great, this does exactly what I need, restores XBMC to full screen and gets rid of the windows bar at the top of the screen. Previously, I had the HTPC hooked up to my receiver, but when the receiver was off, the system showed no monitor two and XBMC went to monitor one. I then hooked the HTPC directly to the TV and the computer always sees the TV, even when off, so there is no trouble. Can your launcher take care of this so if XBMC is running on monitor one when the computer doesn't see monitor 2, that XBMC is sent to monitor two when the HTPC sees it.

One problem I have is that I can log into my HTPC via VNC to use my home automation software. However, then I lose control, I assume because the launcher is stealing the focus from VNC. I'll also have to look out for resource utilization as someone posted that their system was running a lot after they installed the launcher.
Thanks,
E
Regarding the two monitor query, it may be possible using autohotkey but I don't have a second monitor as of now to test the script.

You can enable focus only once to disable focus forcing. Set a time after which to send the focus command and it will run only once.

If you find the resource utilization to be high, then edit the script to include only the features you need.
Thanks for this, fixed my focus problems in windows.
Thanks for this, it's a great one stop solution for almost all the small problems I have had with xbmc.

If I could make a suggestion for a future release, would it be possible to add a new option to the delay start function.
Instead of a time delay setting, start xbmc once the pc has an ip address.

Many people use the delay to give time for Wi-Fi to connect, so a start upon ip address would be great.

Edit: syntax and grammar corrections
^^. Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a try.
(2012-11-21, 23:43)rumpleforeskin Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for this, it's a great one stop solution for almost all the small problems I have had with xbmc.

If I could make a suggestion for a future release, would it be possible to add a new option to the delay start function.
Instead of a time delay setting, start xbmc once the pc has an ip address.

Many people use the delay to give time for Wi-Fi to connect, so a start upon ip address would be great.

Edit: syntax and grammar corrections

Excellent suggestion. This was the primary reason I asked Baijuxaviour to put in the delay feature. Various wireless dongles can take different amounts of time to connect. My Edimax Nano dongles, for example, are a lot quicker than the Netgear WNA110 I also own. Secondly, where in the list of things that run on start-up, the loading of the wireless adapter's drivers occurs is also a big factor. And also something that can't easily be changed by the end-user.

Nod
The script to get ip address is described at http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/81...t-1921680/. Now which ip address should our script check for? local host or internet? The local host is something like 192.168.2.1
The local address would be the better option, as this will determine that you have connected to the router.

Would it need an exact address to know the connection has been established? many people will leave the router to dynamically allocate their local IP. Though it is relatively easy to assign a static address to a machine.

EDIT: Actually I think it maybe the easier method to detect if the WI-FI has connected would be to check the ping time to the router once per second.

RunWait %ComSpec% /C Ping -n 1 -w 1000 192.168.0.1,, Hide
Connected := NOT ErrorLevel
If Connected
;launch xbmc or other functions that xbmc launcher would normally carry out
else
; keep looping script a predetermined number of time

I dont have AHK and am not overly familar with it so this maybe useless!
I set the ping address as 19.168.0.1 as this is the most common router address, but it may be worth making it a varible to accomodate other hardware
best not to ping the router more than once a second incase it thinks its getting DDOS :/
Maybe a good idea to set a max number of retries before loading XBMC anyway? (could be user selectable as "max time to wait to WI-FI before connecting"

just some thoughts.
NIce. I have a AHK exe that just goes "If XBMC is not active window then focus XBMC, sleep 5 seconds, repeat" with check to disable focus if XBMC is windowed.

You have spent a little more effort than me.

I would think that most routers would only suspect a DDoS attack to originate from an external IP, on the other hand some routers may get bogged down if they are pinged too often, then degrading performance for other devices connected. I would personally set a minimum 5 second interval if I were coding for this. At the end of the day a 5 second delay is practically nothing in terms of waiting time.
I don't have much idea about networking. When i run an autohotkey command MsgBox %A_IPAddress1% it will show the message 127.0.0.1 if my router is off and 192.168.1.100 when it is on.
192.168.1.100 is the address assigned to your pc by your router.

127.0.0.1 is a loop back address (anything sent to this address comes back to you)

I'm not familiar with ahk, but it seems when it has no address assigned from the router it reverts it's ip address to the local host (127.0.0.1)
Hello,
How do you do with Advanced Launcher ?
The game launch in window screen and XBMC return in first ground after some seconds.
Thanks