Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok thanks Smile

Will try both with and without xbmconimon (shell and not).

I'll reply tomorrow with experience. Big Grin
(2013-02-23, 04:40)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't tried windows power management in shell mode. So please try it. It may work.

Alas that doesn´t seem to Work.
Firstly may i say im loving the app, only came across it 2 days ago :>

Couple of problems i have noticed, if i run the xbmc as as shell or ask xbmc to start when windows starts for what ever reason my cpu useage within xbmc goes upto 100% and video becomes slightly jerky and audio out of sync very slightly, if i load windows and then start xbmc my self i.e. click the xbmc tile on my start screen everything is fine, anyone else having similar problems?

I am wanting to run xbmc as shell but until i can over come these very minor problems i have to start manually for now :<

I am running windows 8 pro 32bit - Frodo Version 12 xbmc
(2013-02-28, 10:41)smurff33 Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly may i say im loving the app, only came across it 2 days ago :>

Couple of problems i have noticed, if i run the xbmc as as shell or ask xbmc to start when windows starts for what ever reason my cpu useage within xbmc goes upto 100% and video becomes slightly jerky and audio out of sync very slightly, if i load windows and then start xbmc my self i.e. click the xbmc tile on my start screen everything is fine, anyone else having similar problems?

I am wanting to run xbmc as shell but until i can over come these very minor problems i have to start manually for now :<

Not sure what causes this. With Windows 8 hybrid shutdown enabled, I found it not necessary to run xbmc as a shell because it takes hardly 10 seconds to boot into Windows. What I have done is added xbmc to the metro ui and start it using the mce remote. This also ensures that my avr is initialized properly so that audio works fine.

In xbmc as shell mode, you could try by adding a small startup delay so that the sound card, network adapters and other devices are initialized properly before xbmc starts.
(2013-02-28, 11:19)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-28, 10:41)smurff33 Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly may i say im loving the app, only came across it 2 days ago :>

Not sure what causes this. With Windows 8 hybrid shutdown enabled, I found it not necessary to run xbmc as a shell because it takes hardly 10 seconds to boot into Windows. What I have done is added xbmc to the metro ui and start it using the mce remote. This also ensures that my avr is initialized properly so that audio works fine.

In xbmc as shell mode, you could try by adding a small startup delay so that the sound card, network adapters and other devices are initialized properly before xbmc starts.

Thanks for quick reply, i will give your suggestions a try later when home, when you mention "Windows 8 hybrid shutdown enabled" what exactly do this mean?
Hello,

me yesterday XBMC as shell worked a sharm. Only problem is my imon lcd, but for the moment i can live with that.
i have a delay of 5 seconds.

Me to i'd like to know what "windows hybrid shutdown is" for when i get xbmconimon to work i try without the xbmc shell.

Thanks, this is a great app i was waiting for years for (but only found it yesterday Confused)!!
(2013-02-28, 11:34)ShinobiX9X Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

me yesterday XBMC as shell worked a sharm. Only problem is my imon lcd, but for the moment i can live with that.
i have a delay of 5 seconds.

Me to i'd like to know what "windows hybrid shutdown is" for when i get xbmconimon to work i try without the xbmc shell.

Thanks, this is a great app i was waiting for years for (but only found it yesterday Confused)!!

I have seen the word imon mentioned alot in this thread, what does imon actually mean?
(2013-02-28, 11:23)smurff33 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for quick reply, i will give your suggestions a try later when home, when you mention "Windows 8 hybrid shutdown enabled" what exactly do this mean?

(2013-02-28, 11:34)ShinobiX9X Wrote: [ -> ]Me to i'd like to know what "windows hybrid shutdown is" for when i get xbmconimon to work i try without the xbmc shell.

Hybrid shutdown or boot is a new feature in Windows 8 which makes booting process much faster. Read this to know more and how to enable it in your PC. My PC takes only 10 seconds to boot from a 5200 RPM HDD where as a normal boot takes around 30 seconds. This means no need to go for expensive SSDs just to get fatser boot time.

When you shutdown from XBMC's default shutdown menu, it is a full shutdown and so the next booting will take time. In the installer, I have added options to add fast shutdown to the metro UI and to replace xbmc's shutdown menu.

(2013-02-28, 12:26)smurff33 Wrote: [ -> ]I have seen the word imon mentioned alot in this thread, what does imon actually mean?

There are some PC cases with a built-in LCD or VFD display and IR receiver. Most of these use OEM products from soundgraph. iMON manager is the application that controls this display and remote control functioning. To display information from xbmc on the lcd/vfd, another program XBMConIMON is usually used in combination with iMON manager. Now the problem is that if explorer is not running (when xbmc is set as shell), xbmconimon will not function correctly.
(2013-02-28, 13:02)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-02-28, 11:23)smurff33 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for quick reply, i will give your suggestions a try later when home, when you mention "Windows 8 hybrid shutdown enabled" what exactly do this mean?

(2013-02-28, 11:34)ShinobiX9X Wrote: [ -> ]Me to i'd like to know what "windows hybrid shutdown is" for when i get xbmconimon to work i try without the xbmc shell.

Hybrid shutdown or boot is a new feature in Windows 8 which makes booting process much faster. Read this to know more and how to enable it in your PC. My PC takes only 10 seconds to boot from a 5200 RPM HDD where as a normal boot takes around 30 seconds. This means no need to go for expensive SSDs just to get fatser boot time.

When you shutdown from XBMC's default shutdown menu, it is a full shutdown and so the next booting will take time. In the installer, I have added options to add fast shutdown to the metro UI and to replace xbmc's shutdown menu.

(2013-02-28, 12:26)smurff33 Wrote: [ -> ]I have seen the word imon mentioned alot in this thread, what does imon actually mean?

There are some PC cases with a built-in LCD or VFD display and IR receiver. Most of these use OEM products from soundgraph. iMON manager is the application that controls this display and remote control functioning. To display information from xbmc on the lcd/vfd, another program XBMConIMON is usually used in combination with iMON manager. Now the problem is that if explorer is not running (when xbmc is set as shell), xbmconimon will not function correctly.

Thanks for your reply's to all my posts today, I will have a go at your suggestions later and see what happens, thanks again.
Hello,

When booting up in hybride mode, (explorer shell) it doesn't go immediatly to xbmc, it's stuck on the screen before the login screen.
so i first have to press something then windows starts then xbmc starts.

Is there a way that it just completely starts like in not hybride mode?

Thanks Smile
(2013-02-28, 22:01)ShinobiX9X Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

When booting up in hybride mode, (explorer shell) it doesn't go immediatly to xbmc, it's stuck on the screen before the login screen.
so i first have to press something then windows starts then xbmc starts.

Is there a way that it just completely starts like in not hybride mode?

Thanks Smile

Disable the Lock screen by following the instructions http://www.askvg.com/how-to-disable-lock...windows-8/
Just a quick reply to say thanks baijuxavior for all your tips, i can now boot into xbmc shell within 40 secs from a cold start which includes a 10 sec delay in order for event-ghost to load which controls my remote plus allowing time for my nas drive connection to load.

Just a quickie - is 40 secs regarded as reasonable as i do have a ssd drive and 4gb of ram, would be interesting to know peoples boot times using xbmc as shell?
My boot time was approximately 30-35 seconds on Windows 7 32 bit from HDD and XBMC as shell. With Windows 8, the boot time is just 10 seconds. I upgraded Win7 to Win8 for this reason and the Metro UI which acts a start center for XBMC and TMT5.
(2013-03-01, 12:37)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]My boot time was approximately 30-35 seconds on Windows 7 32 bit from HDD and XBMC as shell. With Windows 8, the boot time is just 10 seconds. I upgraded Win7 to Win8 for this reason and the Metro UI which acts a start center for XBMC and TMT5.

So you are saying from cold boot to metro ui screen is only 10 secs for you? do you then manually start XBMC by clicking on a tile i.e you dont have xbmc as shell? any suggestions as to why mine takes like 40 secs, its a fresh install of windows 8 on a ssd drive with 4GB of ram, granted its only a P4 cpu but there is a massive difference between our bootup times?
My boot time windiws 7 ssd using launcher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5oqE7Pm...ata_player