Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks for this great program, I've just setup my NUC with Windows 8.1 and it's working nicely thanks to your scripts.

Would it be possible to get the 4.1 Source uploaded ? (only seems to be 4.0 at the moment)
Reason is, I'm using PowerDVD 13 for Bluray playback and can't seem to find a way to close it via the MCE remote, so I'd like to edit the GSB function so that it can check if PowerDVD is running and close it and switch back to XBMC.

Many Thanks!
(2014-02-25, 10:40)schumi2004 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm planning to switch to Windows 8 as OS for XBMC and I want it to run in shell (always)
Configured launch in shell modes and all seems to run fine.
I also want to have access to a few External apps like Chrome, Skype and maybe some more but don't want to exit shell.
I configured a few External apps but can't have them opened from within XBMC, how do I access those external apps without having Starting with XBMC Launcher checked? (And when closed jump back to XBMC)
Using ALT+TAB isn't an option either, would rather have shortcuts to XBMC Programs section.
The idea is to never exit shell mode but do have access to predefined External Apps
IS XBMC launcher capable of doing that?
I suggest you to use addons, when available (like Chrome Launcher) or Advanced launcher for the external apps. But if you use the keep focus function, you have to set them in the different app groups, so it's only possible to have 12 (3x4 if I remember correctly?) external apps. You should be fine, when you only use some apps, but if you are playing games, you have to disable the focus option. Wink
Every other thing should be pretty self explainable, you just have to install it then and it should work the way you want it.
(2014-02-25, 10:40)schumi2004 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm planning to switch to Windows 8 as OS for XBMC and I want it to run in shell (always)
Configured launch in shell modes and all seems to run fine.
I also want to have access to a few External apps like Chrome, Skype and maybe some more but don't want to exit shell.
I configured a few External apps but can't have them opened from within XBMC, how do I access those external apps without having Starting with XBMC Launcher checked? (And when closed jump back to XBMC)
Using ALT+TAB isn't an option either, would rather have shortcuts to XBMC Programs section.
The idea is to never exit shell mode but do have access to predefined External Apps
IS XBMC launcher capable of doing that?

You can add these programs directly to advanced launcher (standalone program .exe). Once you close them, you go back to xbmc. You don't need to add them to external apps because if you do, these app will launch at the same time as xbmc
(2014-02-26, 00:53)Swifty Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for this great program, I've just setup my NUC with Windows 8.1 and it's working nicely thanks to your scripts.

Would it be possible to get the 4.1 Source uploaded ? (only seems to be 4.0 at the moment)
Reason is, I'm using PowerDVD 13 for Bluray playback and can't seem to find a way to close it via the MCE remote, so I'd like to edit the GSB function so that it can check if PowerDVD is running and close it and switch back to XBMC.

Many Thanks!

I have created a git repository. https://github.com/baijuxavior/XBMC-Launcher
Great thanks very much Big Grin
I use the code given below to close TMT5. The code is defined at the bottom of the launcher script. My power button sends 'S'. The script will convert 'S' to Ctrl+X to close TMT5.

Code:
#IfWinActive, TotalMedia Theatre 5    
    s::
    SendInput ^x ; close
    return
Do i need to uninstall previous XMBC launcher to install the new (4.1) one ?
No need to uninstall the older version 4.0. Just close the launcher if it is running.
Am I missing something or is it currently not possible to pass command line arguments to programs started by XBMCLauncher alongside XBMC, without an external starter? Such as eventghost minimized and/or steam minimized?
Passing command line arguments is not implemented. You can edit the source code to add arguments. I may add this feature in the next version.
Thanks for this program, without it everything would be much more complicated!

I have a small question: I have XBMC set as my current shell. When I try to shutdown or reboot my PC, if I left another app open by mistake (an internet browser launched from XBMC, for instance), XBMC and the shutdown/reboot process freeze until I close that app manually, whereas it would be closed automatically if explorer was set as shell. Is this expected behavior? In other words, must XBMC be the only app running when shutting down or rebooting?

Thanks!
(2014-03-02, 08:27)seftongillis Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for this program, without it everything would be much more complicated!

I have a small question: I have XBMC set as my current shell. When I try to shutdown or reboot my PC, if I left another app open by mistake (an internet browser launched from XBMC, for instance), XBMC and the shutdown/reboot process freeze until I close that app manually, whereas it would be closed automatically if explorer was set as shell. Is this expected behavior? In other words, must XBMC be the only app running when shutting down or rebooting?

Thanks!

I have not tested this scenario. Are you shutting down the PC from XBMC power menu?
Yes, from the power menu. Not the custom one though (I'm not using Confluence). The app is launched through Advanced Launcher.
Hi all,
I new in the forum, but I've been using xbmc long time.
Now I bought a HTPC and I've installed the XBMClauncher, the app is great, and It do the boot quickly.
I want to play bluray with DRM and for this reason I think that nedd a external player, like PowerDVD or TotalMEdia Theatre.

My problem is that with the XBMCLauncher, I'm not able to run the external player. What have I to do, for run the player?

It is necessary to create the file "playercorefactory.xml" in the userdata?

Sorry for my english.

thank you.
You need playercorefactory for external player. The option for external player in the launcher is to disable the focus.