Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I'm new here, so first: Great program, excellent work!
My problem is that I installed and configuratet the program, anything works well besides the start of kodi with the MCE-key of my remote. If I press this key, MCE still appears. What am I doing wrong?

Greetings
Capo
you can uninstall Windows Media center :
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/15530/uni...ia-center/
Yeah, I know that. But then I still have the problem that kodi isn't starting by pressing the MCE button. How can I fix that?
If WMC was launching, it means your button triggers well Win+Alt+Enter.
To be sure you can use AdvancedMCERemoteMapper.

WMC and KodiLauncher react both to Win+Alt+Enter, maybe you need to reinstall KodiLauncher
I already did a re-installation of kodi launcher, that doesn't solve the problem.
Maybe you could share details of your installation (OS, kodi.exe path, etc...).

If you launch this ahk script :
Code:
#!Enter::
msgbox test

Does the msgbox appears when you press the mce key or press win+alt+enter with your keyboard ?
I guess my m.2 SSD is too fast because I'm booting directly into Kodi without the explorer as a shell and most of the times I don't have any network connection yet.
Therefore I have to manually quit and reopen Kodi..
This issue is particularly big if you're using a shared mysql library. When Kodi starts without any available network connectivity it will just startup, but you won't have anything in your library.

The only solution is to wait for the network to come up before starting Kodi.

@baijuxavior
Can you please add an option to 'wait for network' before starting Kodi?
Can easilty be implemented using "system.net.networkinformation.networkinterface.getisnetworkavailable" and check on that status for a max period of x seconds, after that just boot Kodi anyway.
GUI: checkbox + numeric field for timeout (seconds) default 10.
(2015-01-04, 18:58)rasmu Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you could share details of your installation (OS, kodi.exe path, etc...).

Code:
msgbox test

Does the msgbox appears when you press the mce key or press win+alt+enter with your keyboard ?

Hello,

sorry, but how can I run this script?

My Installation:
Win 7 64 Ultimate
Path: c:\program files(x86)\Kodi
Okay I figured I'd ask here first. I'm not sure if this is a XBMCLauncher issue or what.

I was on Frodo with XBMC Launcher on my HTPC Running Windows 7 32 bit. And XBMC worked great. I had to completely reinstall Windows recently and "upgraded" to W7 64 Bit and updated to Gotham (I like to stay a release behind for compatibility and stability sakes)

My only issue is I have XBMC set as Shell, but it seems like instead of shutting down like it did before, it merely hibernates. When I turn my HTPC back on, I'm usually on the Menu I was last on before shutting it off. My only issue with this, is that my HTPC seems to struggle with Framerate and I have to restart it to properly fix it. i've goen into the control panel and Power settings and everything is set as it should (Power Button=Shutdown) Is there an option I forgot to fix somewhere or does XBMC/Kodi only Hibernate now?
(2015-01-05, 16:54)Capoeira Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-04, 18:58)rasmu Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you could share details of your installation (OS, kodi.exe path, etc...).

Code:
msgbox test

Hello,

sorry, but how can I run this script?

My Installation:
Win 7 64 Ultimate
Path: c:\program files(x86)\Kodi

You need to install first autohotkey (http://www.autohotkey.com/)
You save the script as test.ahk and you launch it (you'll see a green H icon in the notification area)
Now you press the mce key on your remote or win+alt+enter on your keyboard.
Normally the msgbox "test" must appears.
Okay, thank you! I'll try it when I'm at home in the evening.
Lots of new queries. Sorry for the late reply.

(2015-01-03, 19:57)Togabot Wrote: [ -> ]kodilauncher is saying "unable to create resource kodi.exe" any suggestions?

Did you solve the problem? Which OS are you using? Can you run Kodi normally?

(2015-01-04, 02:20)Capoeira Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all,

I'm new here, so first: Great program, excellent work!
My problem is that I installed and configuratet the program, anything works well besides the start of kodi with the MCE-key of my remote. If I press this key, MCE still appears. What am I doing wrong?

Greetings
Capo

Are you sure your remote is a genuine mce remote? Can you see microsoft ehome device listed in device manager?

(2015-01-04, 23:43)tripkip Wrote: [ -> ]I guess my m.2 SSD is too fast because I'm booting directly into Kodi without the explorer as a shell and most of the times I don't have any network connection yet.
This issue is particularly big if you're using a shared mysql library. When Kodi starts without any available network connectivity it will just startup, but you won't have anything in your library.

@baijuxavior
Can easilty be implemented using "system.net.networkinformation.networkinterface.getisnetworkavailable" and check on that status for a max period of x seconds, after that just boot Kodi anyway.

You can add a delay for Kodi/xbmc to start under 'Startup settings' > Change startup delay by x seconds.

(2015-01-05, 20:24)Choppasmith Wrote: [ -> ]Okay I figured I'd ask here first. I'm not sure if this is a XBMCLauncher issue or what.

I was on Frodo with XBMC Launcher on my HTPC Running Windows 7 32 bit. And XBMC worked great. I had to completely reinstall Windows recently and "upgraded" to W7 64 Bit and updated to Gotham (I like to stay a release behind for compatibility and stability sakes)

My only issue is I have XBMC set as Shell, but it seems like instead of shutting down like it did before, it merely hibernates. When I turn my HTPC back on, I'm usually on the Menu I was last on before shutting it off. My only issue with this, is that my HTPC seems to struggle with Framerate and I have to restart it to properly fix it. i've goen into the control panel and Power settings and everything is set as it should (Power Button=Shutdown) Is there an option I forgot to fix somewhere or does XBMC/Kodi only Hibernate now?

Are you using the custom shutdown menu for confluence skin? If so you can set the shutdown menu action to 'shutdown' in 'Exit Settings'.
(2015-01-06, 13:26)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-04, 23:43)tripkip Wrote: [ -> ]I guess my m.2 SSD is too fast because I'm booting directly into Kodi without the explorer as a shell and most of the times I don't have any network connection yet.

@baijuxavior

You can add a delay for Kodi/xbmc to start under 'Startup settings' > Change startup delay by x seconds.

Thanks, I found that option and with a 1sec delay it's starting up with network connection now. But still it would be a nice feature if you did a check on getisnetworkavailable in a loop because then there would be no unnecessary idle time. Maybe my network comes up after 250ms..
(2015-01-06, 13:31)tripkip Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-06, 13:26)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]

@baijuxavior

Thanks, I found that option and with a 1sec delay it's starting up with network connection now. But still it would be a nice feature if you did a check on getisnetworkavailable in a loop because then there would be no unnecessary idle time. Maybe my network comes up after 250ms..

Have a look at this post http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1647561.

I might add this in next version.
(2015-01-06, 14:46)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]I might add this in next version.

Why? Kodi already has its own built-in function to Wake-On-LAN any given server, so it just won't show the gui until the configured server is reachable, whether that server really is a server or just a dummy (f.e. your router) simply to make sure the network is connected before showing anything...