Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-01-29, 23:17)vidapura Wrote: [ -> ]Newbie question here.
I installed KodiLauncher because I was getting the "Unable to create application" error when I had the Kodi shortcut in the Startup group on windows 7.
But I'm still getting this error when using KodiLauncher

Is there a way to fix this at all?

Thanks

Does Kodi open correctly when you start it manually? Test by adding a startup delay in the launcher so as to give all drivers time to load.
[/quote]

Hi there,
Yeah, it does open correctly when I start it manually.
This seems to only happen when I put the kodi shortcut in the startups group or when I use KodiLauncher.
I think it might be similiar to other problems I've read about with locks on log files.
It only happens sometimes... at times it starts (with KodiLauncher) just fine. But then I shut the PC down and start it up again only to find that the error occurs.
Other threads mention plugins not closing down properly and leaving a lock on the log..
I think I have to go back and play with it a few more times to try and narrow it down a bit.
I'll have a go with the startup delay and see if that solves it.
Thanks very much.
Anyone know how to have ICM/monitor calibration in windows 8 calibrations load, using xbmc shell?
(2015-01-30, 11:57)vidapura Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-29, 23:17)vidapura Wrote: [ -> ]Newbie question here.
I installed KodiLauncher because I was getting the "Unable to create application" error when I had the Kodi shortcut in the Startup group on windows 7.
But I'm still getting this error when using KodiLauncher

Is there a way to fix this at all?

Thanks

Does Kodi open correctly when you start it manually? Test by adding a startup delay in the launcher so as to give all drivers time to load.

Hi there,
Yeah, it does open correctly when I start it manually.
This seems to only happen when I put the kodi shortcut in the startups group or when I use KodiLauncher.
I think it might be similiar to other problems I've read about with locks on log files.
It only happens sometimes... at times it starts (with KodiLauncher) just fine. But then I shut the PC down and start it up again only to find that the error occurs.
Other threads mention plugins not closing down properly and leaving a lock on the log..
I think I have to go back and play with it a few more times to try and narrow it down a bit.
I'll have a go with the startup delay and see if that solves it.
Thanks very much.
[/quote]

same bug ... timer is not the solution.... go out from kodi after manual launch try launch with kodi launcher and bug appear again... i think it s the call working bad

i use xbmc launcher befoe without problem with xbmc
Is it possible to use Rom Collection Browser or Advanced Launcher (to launch games/emulators) together with KodiLauncher? Do I need to configure KodiLauncher to make it work?
(2015-01-30, 09:07)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]I recompiled the code and uploaded the new file to the download location. Please try it.

MD5 Checksum - 149B1DB18060B41BEB43BF5D9AC5E405
Thanks!

I have just re-downloaded the installer, checked the checksum (= ok) and re-installed (no more malware alerts from Avast!).

For some reason though, it seems like it is not working...
I used all the default settings.
Kodi is set to start with Windows (I tried both with and without a startup delay).
The path to Kodi is correct and when I right click the tray icon and choose "start Kodi", then Kodi starts without a problem.

But if I reboot the pc, Kodi does not start when Windows starts...
I'm running Windows 8.1 64bit Enterprise.

Does anyone have an idea why this is? Thanks!
(2015-01-31, 20:29)jaochoo Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to use Rom Collection Browser or Advanced Launcher (to launch games/emulators) together with KodiLauncher? Do I need to configure KodiLauncher to make it work?

I haven't tested it. Please test it and post your findings for the benefit of others. Thanks.

(2015-02-01, 23:17)Mastakilla Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-30, 09:07)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ]I recompiled the code and uploaded the new file to the download location. Please try it.

MD5 Checksum - 149B1DB18060B41BEB43BF5D9AC5E405
Thanks!

I have just re-downloaded the installer, checked the checksum (= ok) and re-installed (no more malware alerts from Avast!).

For some reason though, it seems like it is not working...
I used all the default settings.
Kodi is set to start with Windows (I tried both with and without a startup delay).
The path to Kodi is correct and when I right click the tray icon and choose "start Kodi", then Kodi starts without a problem.

But if I reboot the pc, Kodi does not start when Windows starts...
I'm running Windows 8.1 64bit Enterprise.

Does anyone have an idea why this is? Thanks!

Just after booting, press Win+F10 and can you see the launcher menu? If not, then the launcher is not loaded with windows at boot. Open windows task manager and under the tab 'Startup' can you see the launcher?
Hello,

Is there a small documentation about "external programs" function ? I want to be able to launch a command line (that power off Philips HUE Bloom) that can be launch within xbmc (with a submenu or a keyboard shortcut)

I read comme guy who use kodi launcher. Is it possible ?
(2015-02-02, 13:46)fabd Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Is there a small documentation about "external programs" function ? I want to be able to launch a command line (that power off Philips HUE Bloom) that can be launch within xbmc (with a submenu or a keyboard shortcut)

I read comme guy who use kodi launcher. Is it possible ?

Kodi/XBMCLauncher can run upto 9 external exe files at startup. If you want to run a command line with a shortcut then you need to edit the kodi/xbmclauncher.ahk file.
I added this because I could not keep another Window open when also having Kodi Open. Alt-Tab back and forth. Now the problem is even worse if I just touch my mouse on the open Window it switches back yo Kodi. What settings should I use so Kodi is not always on top.
I am also having trouble shutting Kodi.I click exit and nothing happens eventually I gat a second arrow if I click again I get a windows error message. This problems precedes using the launcher.
(2015-02-09, 21:45)Rahanflig Wrote: [ -> ]I added this because I could not keep another Window open when also having Kodi Open. Alt-Tab back and forth. Now the problem is even worse if I just touch my mouse on the open Window it switches back yo Kodi. What settings should I use so Kodi is not always on top.
I am also having trouble shutting Kodi.I click exit and nothing happens eventually I gat a second arrow if I click again I get a windows error message. This problems precedes using the launcher.

Were you experiencing this problem before installing kodilauncher? Kodilauncher is designed to keep kodi in focus. You can disable the focus option permanently in the settings.
Is there a way to initialize home network connections when using Kodilauncher shell?
I have my databases on a NAS and nothing shows up if I launch without the Windows shell?

Hope someone can point me in the right direction. Cheers!
(2015-02-11, 18:33)Cinder Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to initialize home network connections when using Kodilauncher shell?
I have my databases on a NAS and nothing shows up if I launch without the Windows shell?

Hope someone can point me in the right direction. Cheers!

This happens as kodi is launched before initializing network. You can add a delay for kodi startup.
Unfortunately, I can't download KodiLauncher. I tells me there's a network error.
I can download XBMClauncher tough.

Can I use XBMClauncher for Kodi?
hi,baiuxavior :
I was unable to connect to https://www.box.com/s/6zab0xg9k3n3wl09wtm7. I can not download "kodilauncher" and "Advanced MCE Remote Mapper Tool" from the address you provide. Please help me provide another way to download. Or e-mail to my mailbox? ([email protected])
I also use inteset 4in1.
I am sure this has been asked but is there a guide/manual that tells how all these features work? Mainly the external program? I am using Virtual CloneDrive to mount my .iso files and TotalMedia Theatre 6 to play them.

I have been using the playercorefactory and PlayISO.bat files to do this. Does this program help with that or something?