Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-02-25, 03:42)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Skank' pid='1937680' dateline='1424783444']
I'm using this at home.
Although its set to keep kodi focused, something is minimising kodi to the taskbar in windows (every time i start up)
then i click again , and it doesnt happen anymore.
Is there a way to find out what is causing this? How come the launcher cant keep focus?

It is a limitation that the launcher cannot bring to focus the minimized window. Are you using the option 'Use a fullscreen window rather than true full screen' in kodi settings?

No
Its really hateful, every time i start a movie at some minutes, it minimizes
Hi. Im using Launcher4kodi on windows 7 to load kodi on startup. And everytime I load up the program called "gameEX" within kodi...the program runs for about 10 seconds then it closes and im back in KODI program list.

This only happens when I have Launcher for kodi installed.

Is there any way I can get the GAMEex program to stay open while i have launcher4kodi installed?

Thanks in advance for any advice or insight.
(2015-04-23, 05:38)meshflesh Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. Im using Launcher4kodi on windows 7 to load kodi on startup. And everytime I load up the program called "gameEX" within kodi...the program runs for about 10 seconds then it closes and im back in KODI program list.

This only happens when I have Launcher for kodi installed.

Is there any way I can get the GAMEex program to stay open while i have launcher4kodi installed?

Thanks in advance for any advice or insight.

I think the problem is with explorer not loaded. Boot into windows desktop, then start kodi from the launcher. Closing and reopning the launcher will start kodi. If the problem is solved then we can conclude that the game needs explorer to run correctly.
(2015-04-13, 10:49)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-25, 03:42)baijuxavior Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Skank' pid='1937680' dateline='1424783444']
I'm using this at home.
Although its set to keep kodi focused, something is minimising kodi to the taskbar in windows (every time i start up)
Is there a way to find out what is causing this? How come the launcher cant keep focus?

It is a limitation that the launcher cannot bring to focus the minimized window. Are you using the option 'Use a fullscreen window rather than true full screen' in kodi settings?

No

Anything?
(2015-04-24, 10:10)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-13, 10:49)Skank Wrote: [ -> ]
I'm using this at home.

No

Anything?

Try 'Use a fullscreen window rather than true full screen' in kodi settings. It may help.
can you add in a hotkey that lets you restart kodi?

i see there is an option to restart from the confluence skin but i don't use that one.
(2015-04-27, 23:23)Shogunreaper Wrote: [ -> ]can you add in a hotkey that lets you restart kodi?

i see there is an option to restart from the confluence skin but i don't use that one.

Sure, will add this feature in next version.
its posible when exit from kodi also logoff callin a batfile or something? I use kodi as a separate user
(2015-05-03, 06:38)Eddy_ac Wrote: [ -> ]its posible when exit from kodi also logoff callin a batfile or something? I use kodi as a separate user

Not in this version. You can create a separate autohotkey script to monitor kodi and logoff when it exits.
@baijuxavior

Hi

I can report the following:

1)
When Kodi is set to "real Fullscreen" it get's minimized at standby or at resume so that the window is minimized and not usable (sometimes it comes up front again, but most of the time it doesn't)- so KodiLauncher does not seem to work in that scenario (neither keeps it Kodi "on top" nor can it gain focus again on a regular basis).
Sometimes, very rarely, this also happens when playing media.

I also use Mediaportal as reference and have disabled "stay always on top" and it does not get minimized. So my assumption is that this might be a Kodi bug and not caused by another application - if it would be caused by another app the same problem should occur with MP.

2) KodiLauncher works perfectly with Kodi option "use fullscreen window". However there is often playback judder - from what I read this is due to problem with windows composition/Aero

thx
(2015-05-06, 08:44)ichkriegediekri Wrote: [ -> ]@baijuxavior

Hi

I can report the following:

1)
When Kodi is set to "real Fullscreen" it get's minimized at standby or at resume so that the window is minimized and not usable (sometimes it comes up front again, but most of the time it doesn't)- so KodiLauncher does not seem to work in that scenario (neither keeps it Kodi "on top" nor can it gain focus again on a regular basis).
Sometimes, very rarely, this also happens when playing media.

I also use Mediaportal as reference and have disabled "stay always on top" and it does not get minimized. So my assumption is that this might be a Kodi bug and not caused by another application - if it would be caused by another app the same problem should occur with MP.

2) KodiLauncher works perfectly with Kodi option "use fullscreen window". However there is often playback judder - from what I read this is due to problem with windows composition/Aero

thx

Thanks for your valuable observations. I suggested another member to use 'full screen window' option a couple of posts before.
I have KodiLauncher set to close Kodi on sleep and launch Kodi on resume. That seems to be working. However, I've noticed that it is now taking a really long time >1minute before Kodi actually launches once the system resumes. When I originally set things up Kodi would be open by the time the TV was displaying an image. Now I have to wait at least 30 seconds after the TV is on before Kodi even starts to open.

Any thoughts? This is on Win8.1.
(2015-05-19, 14:41)kmarq Wrote: [ -> ]I have KodiLauncher set to close Kodi on sleep and launch Kodi on resume. That seems to be working. However, I've noticed that it is now taking a really long time >1minute before Kodi actually launches once the system resumes. When I originally set things up Kodi would be open by the time the TV was displaying an image. Now I have to wait at least 30 seconds after the TV is on before Kodi even starts to open.

Interesting... I came here to report the *EXACT* same thing....except I'm on Windows 7. It seems to take forever for kodi to launch when waking from standby.
(2015-05-19, 14:41)kmarq Wrote: [ -> ]I have KodiLauncher set to close Kodi on sleep and launch Kodi on resume. That seems to be working. However, I've noticed that it is now taking a really long time >1minute before Kodi actually launches once the system resumes. When I originally set things up Kodi would be open by the time the TV was displaying an image. Now I have to wait at least 30 seconds after the TV is on before Kodi even starts to open.

(2015-05-20, 00:28)kgoroway Wrote: [ -> ]

Interesting... I came here to report the *EXACT* same thing....except I'm on Windows 7. It seems to take forever for kodi to launch when waking from standby.

Thanks for reporting the problem. I will check for the problem in my system.
I'm not quite sure what the deal is, but it seems that although I have installed Launcher 4 Kodi and it is launching at startup, my windows just goes to the regular desktop and I have to launch Kodi manually. Anyone run into this issue?