Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] RadioTunes XBMC plugin - formerly Sky.fm (21th Sep 2014: v3.0.0)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
The Sky.fm site has changed it's name to RadioTunes.com, so so has this plugin Smile
I "repurposed" the Sky.fm code and created a new icon, but kept the v3.x.x version as the codebase is the same "generation" as the Digitally Imported and Jazz Radio plugins.

Features:
  • Support for premium streams
  • Multithreading - using 8 simultaneous threads that downloads coverart (if not already cached) and parses the playlists - a refresh now takes about 5-7 seconds
  • Cache expiration is now calculated in days and not minutes - default 7 days
  • When parsing playlists (on cache refresh) it selected a random server playing the stream each time
  • The option to open a playlist and select the streaming server you want - off by default

RadioTunes.com features a wide variety of free streaming radio channels. Find your favorites among the best of each class - be it New Age, 80s, Smooth Jazz, New Age, Top40, Hip Hop, Oldies, 70s, Reggae, Lounge or many others inside.

Here is the latest changelog entry:

21. September 2014 v3.0.0
* Repurposed deprecated Sky.fm plugin v3.0.7 to Radiotunes.com - close to no changes had to made to suit it Smile
+ Support for Premium streams
+ Support for Premium Favorites playlist

Sourcecode
https://github.com/Bitcrusher/Radiotunes-XBMC-plugin

My website qualisoft.dk - horribly neglected!
Thank you for releasing the new plugin 2.0.0
It's working again.
Smile
Nice1 Wink
using this a lot.
I have a question if you would be able to make the Jango too ? Wink my missis would love to have that
thanks for all
I'll make a note of Jango for future endeavours, but the sites structure is entirely different and more deep/complex, so making an addon would require a whole new code (based on having a quick look at the site).
At this time, I sadly do not have the time to look into making it, as I have other projects that I've neglected lately.
I got addons for jazzradio.com and rockradio.com on the way though, as they only require minor adjustments to the newly di.fm/sky.fm developed code.

Hope at least Sky.fm will keep your missis dancing till someone makes a Jango plugin reality Wink
Plugin not working in Windows when user profile directory name contains Unicode characters.
Unik: Sorry for the delay with answering - but yes, your right. There definitely is a problem with unicode chars in the Windows username.
I'll look into a solution to this.
(2012-10-07, 17:43)bitcrusher01 Wrote: [ -> ]I'll make a note of Jango for future endeavours, but the sites structure is entirely different and more deep/complex, so making an addon would require a whole new code (based on having a quick look at the site).
At this time, I sadly do not have the time to look into making it, as I have other projects that I've neglected lately.
I got addons for jazzradio.com and rockradio.com on the way though, as they only require minor adjustments to the newly di.fm/sky.fm developed code.

Hope at least Sky.fm will keep your missis dancing till someone makes a Jango plugin reality Wink

Really looking forward to jazzradio.com addon!! Thanks
Not working today on ATV2 Eden final can you help me fix

08:27:54 T:138981376 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
08:28:32 T:68837376 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: /var/mobile/Repo/Sky-FM-XBMC-plugin-master(1).zip/icon.png
08:28:42 T:68837376 WARNING: GetLabel - Unknown nodetype requested 0
08:28:46 T:148242432 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
08:28:49 T:148242432 NOTICE: It has not been 1440 minutes since /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.audio.sky.fm/cache_lastcheckin.dat was last updated
08:28:49 T:148242432 NOTICE: [PLUGIN] Sky.fm v2.0.0 (30. October 2012)
08:28:49 T:148242432 NOTICE: Going for Public streams
08:28:50 T:148242432 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
08:28:50 T:148242432 ERROR: Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 18: ordinal not in range(128)
08:28:50 T:148242432 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.audio.sky.fm/default.py", line 396, in <module>
MusicAddonInstance.start()
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.audio.sky.fm/default.py", line 153, in start
streamList = self.customizeStreamListAddMenuitem(jsonList, "") # sending a blank string as listenkey
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.audio.sky.fm/default.py", line 207, in customizeStreamListAddMenuitem
print "Channelart for " + channel['name'] + " not found in cache at " + self._addonProfilePath + channelArt
File "<string>", line 6, in write
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 18: ordinal not in range(128)
08:28:50 T:68837376 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.sky.fm
08:28:50 T:68837376 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.sky.fm) failed
08:28:50 T:68837376 WARNING: GetLabel - Unknown nodetype requested 0
08:28:53 T:151818240 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
08:28:55 T:151818240 NOTICE: It has not been 1440 minutes since /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/plugin.audio.sky.fm/cache_lastcheckin.dat was last updated
08:28:55 T:151818240 NOTICE: [PLUGIN] Sky.fm v2.0.0 (30. October 2012)
08:28:55 T:151818240 NOTICE: Going for Public streams
08:28:57 T:151818240 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
08:28:57 T:151818240 ERROR: Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 18: ordinal not in range(128)
08:28:57 T:151818240 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.audio.sky.fm/default.py", line 396, in <module>
MusicAddonInstance.start()
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.audio.sky.fm/default.py", line 153, in start
streamList = self.customizeStreamListAddMenuitem(jsonList, "") # sending a blank string as listenkey
File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.audio.sky.fm/default.py", line 207, in customizeStreamListAddMenuitem
print "Channelart for " + channel['name'] + " not found in cache at " + self._addonProfilePath + channelArt
File "<string>", line 6, in write
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in position 18: ordinal not in range(128)
08:28:57 T:68837376 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.sky.fm
08:28:57 T:68837376 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.sky.fm) failed
08:28:57 T:68837376 WARNING: GetLabel - Unknown nodetype requested 0
The Sky.fm plugin is broken because of the lack of UTF8 support in my plugin.
It's the channel called "Café de Paris" who's the culprit - it's the é character thats causing it.
I'm gonna fix it and hopefully push it out as an update sunday or monday.

For those who has a Premium membership, I'd suggest you switch to using your Favorites playlist and of course making sure "Café de Paris" is not in it.
thank you appreciate your support
Thanks bitcrusher, having the same issue. Where can I find the updated plugin? Not showing an upgrade in XBMC. thanks!
Another issue. Using favourites does allow me to play music, but seems the names don't match the actual channels. hrm.
Sky.fm plugin does not work for me at all any more. Did something change on their side?
It doesn't work for me too... It doesn't start at all, it says script error.
I've made a quick fix for this plugin. Problem was the unicode character in Station "Café de Paris".
Error occurs while loading channel art of this station. I've just added a check for this station name
to avoid loading the art for this channel.
Just add following code to line number 205 in default.py:
if (not "de Paris" in channel['name']) :
and ident the following 5 lines. The code part should be looking now as follows:
Code:
            if (not "de Paris" in channel['name']) :
                if (not os.path.isfile(self._addonProfilePath + channelArt)) : # if channelart is not in cache
                    self.getChannelArt( channel['id'], "art_" + channel['key'] )
                    channel['isNew'] = True
                    self._newChannels = self._newChannels + 1
            streamList.append( channel )

Regards
Atmelfreak
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10