Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Option to set MPlayer OR DVDplayer as the default video player?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
hi there,

is there a way to disable the new dvd player? i want the regular mediaplayer to play when i press "play dvd". how do i disable / uninstall the new dvd player?

thanks
uhuebner
hi there,

is there a way to disable the new dvd player? i want the regular mediaplayer to play when i press "play dvd". how do i disable / uninstall the new dvd player?

thanks
uhuebner
regular mediaplayer as in mplayer?? or as in external msdash/ava..?

external can be used by just setting dvdplayer tag in xboxmediacenter.xml..

mplayer can't be specifed at the moment.

may i ask why? atleast asfar as i can tell the new dvdplayer is far better then mplayer for playback.

regular mediaplayer as in mplayer?? or as in external msdash/ava..?

may i ask why? atleast asfar as i can tell the new dvdplayer is far better then mplayer for playback.

Quote:may i ask why? atleast asfar as i can tell the new dvdplayer is far better then mplayer for playback.

(at least my) dvd player has the annoying bug that i can't fast forward or rewind. it just keeps playing.
and it freezes when i reenter the menu (e.g. to change the language). so to me it is still too much alpha to use it as a default player.
Quote:may i ask why? atleast asfar as i can tell the new dvdplayer is far better then mplayer for playback.

(at least my) dvd player has the annoying bug that i can't fast forward or rewind. it just keeps playing.
and it freezes when i reenter the menu (e.g. to change the language). so to me it is still too much alpha to use it as a default player.
how can i use the old mplayer as dvdplayer instead of the new default dvdplayer?

someting i can write here? like this ?<dvdplayer>mplayer</dvdplayer>

i have new compiled build from yesterday.

how can i use the old mplayer as dvdplayer instead of the new default dvdplayer?

someting i can write here? like this ?<dvdplayer>mplayer</dvdplayer>

i have new compiled build from yesterday.

(elupus @ sep. 16 2005,19:25 Wrote:regular mediaplayer as in mplayer?? or as in external msdash/ava..?

i can´t calibrate the subtitle that´s a big deal for me...i don´t like when subitle overlaps the movie.

(elupus @ sep. 16 2005,19:25 Wrote:regular mediaplayer as in mplayer?? or as in external msdash/ava..?

i can´t calibrate the subtitle that´s a big deal for me...i don´t like when subitle overlaps the movie.

as of now, you cant disable the dvdplayer, or preference mplayer.
as of now, you cant disable the dvdplayer, or preference mplayer.
until i've upgraded to the present build october 1st, my dvd images running off my hard drive were running fine; i.e., .img files parsed correctly and i would get full dts sound, subtitles, ff, rewind, etc. now, images with digital sound hick up and pause, no subtitles, and ff/rewind is disable. i can only attribute this to the dvd player taking on the functions that mplayer used to handle. is there a way i can re-enable mplayer to say play *.img and dvd-player to play *.iso files? or is my only solution to go to an earlier build, say prior to sept 2005?

thanks. i'm a newbie, so i apologize, if this question has been answered, i was unable to find anything similar on this forum.

-a.
not as default player.. you can force it to play using mplayer by using the "play using..." menu under context menu thou.. but that is just per file.
i'm sorry, where is this "play using" you're referring to?

-a.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7