Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: is there a way to quiet the pvr info thing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Stuff is working great, but I am noticing that from time to time (maybe on the hour or half hour?) I get a pvr update / rescan and a dialog in the lower right telling me about all the shows that I have deleted. It contains tons and tons of shows, stuff I don't really care about.

I am using mythtv as my backend, might it be there is some table in there I need to change settings onHuh?

Thanks - and keep up the sweet work!

I seem to remember there being a setting in the XBMC "settings" interface to turn off notifications. I dont think it is in the PVR area, but possibly another section of the settings (maybe appearance, or system)? Nathan
Yep, it's in the PVR setup...

Disable System -> Live TV -> Recording -> Display a notification on timer updates
thats it! thanks again

The option to disable pvr notifications is missing on my install.

Have you tried changing to a different skin? Not all skins show all options. I'd have a look at the same menu in Confluence. (Also I'd enable Expert Settings if you still can't see it, just in case it is hidden)
Setting the 'settings level' to advanced did reveal the setting. The settings level option wasn't visible on this beta version of Eminence.