Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Apple iTunes Trailers (Video Add-on)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Hi,

I have another add-on ready: Apple Itunes Trailers.

Features
  • Choose Trailer Quality in add-on settings (480p, 720p, 1080p)
  • Ability to download trailers in background (if a trailer is already downloaded it will be played locally)
  • "Add to CouchPotato"-Feature via CouchPotato Manager
  • Choose "All", "Most Recent", "Most Popular", "Exclusive Only" as source
  • Ability to set a "Movie Limit" in settings to increase add-on speed on slow machines like the raspberry pi
  • 24h Cache of Movies (using cPickle, should be faster on slow machines)
  • High-Res Cover and Fanart
  • Add Movies to trakt.tv

Relation to "The Trailers"
Originally this was planned as a replacement for the "The Trailers" add-on (which is also partly developed by me) because it's source wasn't being updated for about a month. But then suddenly its source received updates again. I don't wanted to purge my rewrite so I decided to release it as separate add-on because it uses different code and a different data-source. Just test both and choose yourself which is better for your need Smile

Changelog
Code:
0.2.0 (15.09.2013)
- added plots to (most) movies
- updated translations

0.1.2 (31.05.2013)
- fixed new trailers

0.1.1 (25.04.2013)
- fixed covers (apple switched to relative covers)

0.1.0 (15.04.2013)
- added Trakt.tv Integration via Trakt.tv List Manager
- added translations

0.0.2 (01.04.2013)
- added possibility to have different qualities for stream and download
- fix add-on on python < 2.7

0.0.1 (28.03.2013)
- initial release
  Features:
    Choose Trailer Quality in add-on settings (480p, 720p, 1080p)
    Ability to download trailers in background (if a trailer is already downloaded it will be played locally)
    "Add to CouchPotato"-Feature via CouchPotato Manager
    Choose "All", "Most Recent", "Most Popular", "Exclusive Only" as source
    Ability to set a "Movie Limit" in settings to increase add-on speed on slow machines like the raspberry pi
    24h Cache of Movies (using cPickle, should be faster on slow machines)
    High-Res Cover and Fanart

Download
This add-on is in the official xbmc.org add-on repository.

Have fun,
sphere
Are the trailer different then apple trailer available in your addon HD-Trailers?
They are incomparable.
HD-Trailers is an aggregator, it has less metadata per movie (no fanart, cast, studio, mpaa, ...) but trailers from different sources: yahoo, apple, youtube, ...). Also they have a different set of movies.

Just try both and decide yourself Smile
It is not downloading for some reason.

Can you fix it?
I can't fix an error which is caused "for some reason" Big Grin
It is working fine here.

You could send me a xbmc debug log and I can have a look.
(2013-03-28, 19:27)sphere Wrote: [ -> ]I can't fix an error which is caused "for some reason" Big Grin
It is working fine here.

No I mean the Add On will not download from your link posted in this thread.

(2013-03-28, 19:36)gate1975mlm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-28, 19:27)sphere Wrote: [ -> ]I can't fix an error which is caused "for some reason" Big Grin
It is working fine here.

No I mean the Add On will not download from your link posted in this thread.

Ok I finally got it to download Smile

Thanks
add to CP is a great feature. very cool you broke that out into another add-on for others.

what would you think about an add to trakt watchlist feature? CP doesn't sync to trakt; but can pull from trakt.
I am not a user of trakt.tv so I don't know much about it. But from my understanding isn't a "watchlist" meant for "movies I already watched"?
(2013-03-29, 19:59)sphere Wrote: [ -> ]I am not a user of trakt.tv so I don't know much about it. But from my understanding isn't a "watchlist" meant for "movies I already watched"?

no it's the ones you still want to watch (planning too)
Nice to see this released.

Couple of requests if I may -
  • Seperate quality settings for streaming and downloading
  • ListItem.Art(poster) support

Thanks.
(2013-03-29, 20:23)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Nice to see this released.

Thanks.
1. Implemented. Was more work than I thought because of the detection to play already downloaded trailers - even if they have a different quality.
You can download a testing version here.
2. Hmm, nothing to find in the docs or wiki how to set that from python, do you know any other plugin that already sets this property?

Of course you and all other are welcome to open requests Smile

regards,
sphere
Love it! Especially that the stream can occur in the background, but one little issue:

I set a download path, but I've now watched a couple of trailers and they are there. Also, is it supposed to work like the "download & play" in The Trailers plug-in, in the sense that it is supposed to first download then start playing the trailer? I've liked that function b/c I often just download a bunch of trailers to watch later but with yours it starts playing right away. Thanks for your great work.
(2013-03-29, 22:34)sphere Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-29, 20:23)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Nice to see this released.

Thanks.
1. Implemented. Was more work than I thought because of the detection to play already downloaded trailers - even if they have a different quality.
You can download a testing version here.
2. Hmm, nothing to find in the docs or wiki how to set that from python, do you know any other plugin that already sets this property?

Of course you and all other are welcome to open requests Smile

regards,
sphere
I don't, no.

Martijn might be the guy to ask.
Very nice, thanks!

I'm not seeing synopsis. Is this by design or is ListItem.Plot empty ATM?
(2013-03-29, 22:45)curtis-r Wrote: [ -> ]I set a download path, but I've now watched a couple of trailers and they are there. Also, is it supposed to work like the "download & play" in The Trailers plug-in, in the sense that it is supposed to first download then start playing the trailer? I've liked that function b/c I often just download a bunch of trailers to watch later but with yours it starts playing right away. Thanks for your great work.
No, the download feature is meant only for background downloading (without playback on finish). Also when you play a trailer there is no download done. Maybe in the next version there will be a section in the context menu like "show already downloaded trailers".

(2013-03-29, 23:03)pecinko Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not seeing synopsis. Is this by design or is ListItem.Plot empty ATM?
You are right, no plot available Sad
This has two reasons:
1. The source I use doesn't provide them
2. There is a bug in xbmc Frodo that cast is not possible to set from python so I decided to set the cast in the plot-field.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20