Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sync XBMC and PLEX Libraries?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I currently have a one XBMC installation on the main HTPC along with Plex server. XBMC is only accessed from the HTPC directly but Plex is accessed from several devices including Roku, Windows 8 and Android tablets. Sometimes we watch movies /TV shows on HTPC and other times remotely via Plex. This creates issues with watch/unwatched status.

Is there a way to sycn both libraries so that I have correct watched/unwatched status on both?

Sorry, if this has been asked before.
anyone?
(2013-04-10, 21:32)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]http://trakt.tv

I installed and set it up but I don't know how it will help me keep both libraries in sync.
It should keep the watch status in sync. There's an add-on for XBMC that sync's XBMC's watch status with your trakt.tv account, and an add-on for Plex that does the same. The result, a bridge between Plex and XBMC watch status. I can't remember off hand if you have to turn on these settings, or if they're on by default, but I would suspect they are on by default. How often it syncs to your account might be something to look at.
(2013-04-12, 08:07)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]It should keep the watch status in sync. There's an add-on for XBMC that sync's XBMC's watch status with your trakt.tv account, and an add-on for Plex that does the same. The result, a bridge between Plex and XBMC watch status. I can't remember off hand if you have to turn on these settings, or if they're on by default, but I would suspect they are on by default. How often it syncs to your account might be something to look at.

Thank you for the explanation. I setup everything and it seems like XBMC part is working but I cannot get Plex to sync back the shows that I have watched on XBMC. When I try to do it manually it just times out.
Wouldn't the PleXBMC plug-in do what the OP wants? It has the advantage too of not sending your data to 3rd parties or indeed keeping everything within the home network so not subject to external service levels, outages etc.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:PleXBMC

I've not tried it but am thinking of moving that way since I got a TV with a Plex client built in so it sort of makes sense to use PMS (Plex Media Server) as the back-end... I've just not got round to fiddling yet.

A.
(2013-05-07, 16:50)Amnesiac Wrote: [ -> ]Wouldn't the PleXBMC plug-in do what the OP wants? It has the advantage too of not sending your data to 3rd parties or indeed keeping everything within the home network so not subject to external service levels, outages etc.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:PleXBMC

I've not tried it but am thinking of moving that way since I got a TV with a Plex client built in so it sort of makes sense to use PMS (Plex Media Server) as the back-end... I've just not got round to fiddling yet.

A.

I will have to try it out.

Thanks