Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Power On/Off(standby) stops Live TV - Should resume
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When sending XBMC to Standby while running in Fullscreen Live TV, playback is stopped.

Playback should resume, when user turns on PC again - Just like a normal TV:-)

/Morten
Is this a bug report, a complaint, a feature suggestion or what?
Go to XBMC Settings > Live TV > Playback > switch on Continue Last Channel on Startup
(2013-05-18, 01:53)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Is this a bug report, a complaint, a feature suggestion or what?

This is either a bug or a missing feature when resuming from Standby - Behavior should obey the option "Continue Last channel on Startup"

(2013-05-18, 08:54)LeeG Wrote: [ -> ]Go to XBMC Settings > Live TV > Playback > switch on Continue Last Channel on Startup

This only works for me, when I completely power Off/On or Restart Openelec/XBMC.

Can anyone confirm this behavior? Then we can raise an request.

/Morten
Are you expecting the backend to keep recording and start from where you left off, or simply start "live" on the same channel?
(2013-05-19, 21:44)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Are you expecting the backend to keep recording and start from where you left off, or simply start "live" on the same channel?

It should resume "Live TV" - then behavior will be exactly the same as an normal TV.

/Morten
It is not a normal TV. Live TV is not "Live". It may be paused, rewinded and fast forwarded. I think this is where some of your arguments fail.
I think the OP's point is that you can set the system to display the last shown channel immediately it powers up - but that this doesn't work if you use standby. I'd infer from his posts that it needs a restart of XBMC to trigger the "start showing live TV again on the last channel you watched" routines, but this obviously doesn't happen if you're merely resuming from sleep.
right, so a feature request Smile