PseudoTV Live is ONLY available through my repository, all third party installer are unsupported.
PseudoTV Live is designed to work with the latest "Final Release" of Kodi, beta's, nightlies and custom builds are unsupported.
- [ ] Online Channel configurations, Custom Skin's and Community Lists via Pseudotvlive.com website.
[½] Full Kodi integration including Context Menu, Hot keys and Artwork.
[✓] Overlay Sidebar ("On Now") Skinnable quick menu.
[✓] "Coming Up Next" Skinable Overlay.
[ ] Enhanced EPG icon flags (rec, new, sickbeard, couchpotato, HD, PG rating).
[✓] Dynamic artwork for EPG and Overlay.
[✓] Enhanced Guide Data: "Find Missing Art/Info" using TVDB, TMDB, Fanart.TV
[✓] Donor Features.
[✓] Skin Selector.
[½] Music Channel Type.
[✓] Music Video Channels with Internet Streaming features.
[✓] EZ channel configuration ("Autotune").
[✓] EZ in-app channel configuration
[✓] Ability to add channels via Kodi favourites list.
[✓] EPG Guide Data Listings via PVR Backend
[✓] Hdhomerun Support (Dual/Prime).
[✓] USTVnow w/ EPG data(Auto Tune).
[✓] Automatic Bumpers, Commercials, and Trailers w/ Online support ("BCT's").
[✓] Youtube/RSS Channel types
[✓] TVDB/TMDB/IMDB/Fanart.TV Integration w/ trakt support
[½] Sickbeard / Couchpotato Integration (Map Record button to queue selected show for download, Visual indicators if show is managed by either program).
[✓] Error handling (dead link) filter.
[✓] EPG Color Categories
[✓] Autostart Service *core created by Steveb1968
[✓] Channel Manager Tool (Windows Only)
[ ] Android Companion Tool
[ ] PVR (Recording Feature)
[ ] Virtual Movie Poster (Showtime) Integration.
[½] Kodi web interface w/EPG, Channel editor, Remote Control.
[✓] Direct Plugin directory channel building (ie. Mylibrary method without the need to build strms).
[✓] Direct Playon channel building (Requires Playon Software).
[✓] Direct UPNP channel building (Requires UPNP Software or Devices).
[✓] Kodi PVR Backend channel building.
[✓] Classic Coming Up Next dialog artwork.
[½] Vevo Music Video Channel w/ EPG Information
[✓] Settop Box mode, 24/7 Operation w/ self updating channels.
[✓] Multiroom Video Mirroring.
[✓] Multiroom Channel sharing.
[ ] EPG Guide data from Schedules Direct and zap2it.
✓ = Added to master
½ = Added to master, but may not be functional.
- Lunatixz Repository
How to Install from zip file
To stay updated, install through repository download above. PseudoTV Live will automatically updated when needed.
DO NOT INSTALL FROM SOURCE! INSTALL THROUGH REPOSITORY ABOVE!
Check and install all missing dependency modules!!, listed below
If PseudoTV Live was installed correctly most, if not all dependencies should have automatically installed.
Recommended for autotune & Live Channels:
- plugin.video.ustvnow *Special edition needed w/PseudoTV Live
Recommended for enhanced interface:
- I encourage everyone, novice to expert to share information and ideas on how to improve this plugin. You are free to contribute as you see fit... Share your skins, etc... But please respect a few rules.
1. PLEASE READ FIRST THREE POSTS BEFORE POSTING, I will update the post to keep information relevant.
- Post 1 = General Information
- Post 2 = Setup and Configurations
- Post 3 = Guides, FAQ's, Known Bugs, Troubleshooting and Compatibility Information
2. Do not post illegal internet feeds, or related plugins banned from Kodi's forum.
3. Before posting, try using the search tool to find your answer. Please do not abuse private messaging, the proper way to ask for help is through the forum.
4. Report all bugs with as much detail as possible, accompanied by a link to your log. Please do not post Incomplete or snippets of your log. If you have privacy concerns you can PM me your log.
In Order to post logs, you need to enable both Debugging in Kodi and in PTVL (under Misc settings). Skin issues are not considered a bug, so no log is necessary. If you can include a link to a screenshot it would be appreciated.
5. Follow Kodi's code of conduct.
Any users who repeatedly abuse the topic rules may find themselves on my ignore list, you can appeal by contacting me outside of the forum.
What's the difference between PseudoTV and PseudoTV Live?
- Jason102 created one of the most popular programs for Kodi. Which should be credited for bringing in a huge influx of new users via articles published by lifehacker, etc...
That being said this plugin in no way tries to shadow the work started by Jason, but merely to add options that deviate from the original nature of his program.
To my knowledge there has been two other PseudoTV spinoffs Jtucker's "TV-Time" which was abandoned a number of years ago; and Angrycamel's "LiveTV" Mod which allowed Hdhomerun w/ XMLTV EPG Info. Till now the "LiveTV" mod has been kept functional and up to date by me. Which is what lead to my revival of lost features and new ones. This plugin attempts to bring old features back, and new features forward; such as added tuner support, live internet feeds, rss and strm support and auto channel population.
In short the two plugins differ in that PseudoTV was designed for local media. PseudoTV Live adds tuner and internet features in addition to local media.
Guides, Tutorials and Miscellaneous Documents and Tools:
- PseudoTV Live Manager for Windows
Ultimate Guide to PseudoTV * Courtesy of Milkman
[OUTDATED]LiveTV PVR (Mediaportal) Autotune HOWTO * Courtesy of MovieJunky
[OUTDATED]LiveTV PVR (HDhomerun Prime) Autotune HOWTO * Courtesy of -bry
Manual Settings2 Configuration Examples/Templates
Donations for this addon gratefully accepted. Please Visit PseudoTVLive.com for details.
Special Thanks to:
jason102, angrycamel, jtucker1972, ARYEZ, peppy6582, earlieb, Steveb1968, kurumushi, twinther, LordIndy, ronie, mcorcoran, sphere, giftie, spoyser, Eldorados, lambda, kickin, bradvido88, Phil65, RagnaroktA
Forgive grammatical mistakes and typo's this was written quickly and I have a lot of information to get out there... I will edit as i go!