Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No data transfer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While I have wifi connection, there is no data transfer. any thoughts?
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Too vague and open-ended of a question. Seems more like a hardware or OS issue? Are you able to access the Internet from that system? Are you able to transfer data outside of XBMC on that system using the OS? Are you even talking about XBMC?
New to xbmc. I have connection to wifi, but am unable to send or receive any programing. I'm using a G-Box Midnight MX2 for the first time. Other connections to my WIFI are working normally.
Are you able to access the weather (assuming you've enabled the weather add-on) and are you able to see the RSS news ticker that runs across the bottom of the home page? Does SYSTEM > System info > Network indicate that your system has a network connection and IP address assigned?

And what *exactly* do you mean by "send or receiving any programming"? Don't be coy, provide details on exactly what you are trying to do.
I get the local temp, but no forecast... It gives me an IP address, unable to get any of the add ons to work. searches on the web through the g-box gets timed out, no signal.
(2013-08-30, 01:51)rwanna Wrote: [ -> ]searches on the web through the g-box gets timed out, no signal.

This is using what, the built-in web browser for your g-box? In other words, no network access even when XBMC isn't part of the equation?
Yes... I've tried doing a search on the web browser in the G-box, and nothing until I get the message "timed out". I can't get the other apps to work either. The store I bought this thing from had it up and running when I bought it, so I'm thinking I've missed something somewhere!
This then is not an XBMC issue. I would suggest taking/sending it back to the store for a replacement unless the vendor can talk you through some troubleshooting steps to get WiFi working. I assume you've entered the correct credentials on the device to allow it to connect to your home WiFi network?