Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-01-17, 15:29)kees667 Wrote: [ -> ]Have been running 1.4.0.7 for some time now. Whenever I copy new movies to my movies folder and press update it won't update and show the new movies, only if I remove and readd the source do they appear. Anything I can post here to find out what is wrong?
Do you have disabled or enabled "exclude from db update" for this source?
I havent enabled that. Just deleted two sources and readded them to get them scanned. The option is disabled by default (to exclude) and I don't click to enable it.
Any info in Log?
Can't seem to find the log. Only find a 1.4.0.6 log in appdata\roaming (windows 7). Am I looking in the wrong place?

update: found it in program files. scanning it now.
EmberMediaManager\Logs
when is the next release coming out?
(2015-01-17, 16:38)quade1337 Wrote: [ -> ]when is the next release coming out?

When it is done.
it just sucks cuz i cant add any of my tvshows cuz i need episode folder support
Just fork emm's repo and do it yourself
Huh
(2015-01-17, 18:09)quade1337 Wrote: [ -> ]it just sucks cuz i cant add any of my tvshows cuz i need episode folder support

May be so, but be grateful for all the hard work they have done already for us, so that you can add your movies without it sucking.

It will be done when it is done and not 1 second before
(2015-01-14, 10:24)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-14, 05:49)FreeMan xbmc Wrote: [ -> ]Funny, for all the issues I've had getting it to scrape made-for-TV movies, when it came to scraping 2001: A Space Odyssey (tt0062622), all it would pick up is a 1970 TV show about it.

I had to manually override it with the tt code, because even though it listed the movie under 'Partial Matches', it wouldn't 'verify' it when I selected the movie from there.

Please don't get me wrong, DC, I'm really not complaining! I'm so happy to have EMM back in action with (mostly) functional scrapers, that I'm going back through my entire library and updating everything. Its just that in doing so (for 1400+ movies), I'm running across some issues. I really do appreciate your efforts (and anyone else who's working on it - I don't mean to leave them out, you just seem to be the face at this point)!!

Why you do not you use TMDB as scraper? This has much better search results. You also can mix scrapers if you wan't use partial fields from IMDB.

Based on this suggestion, I've been using the TMDB scraper - it's not picking up ratings all the time, either. I've manually confirmed that TMDB does have the rating.

How do I mix scrapers? It seems that the only way to switch is to go into the options and disable one and enable the other. It seems that if I have 2 enabled, it runs through both, and I get the poster & fanart selection boxes twice for each movie.
(2015-01-17, 19:16)FreeMan xbmc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-14, 10:24)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-14, 05:49)FreeMan xbmc Wrote: [ -> ]Funny, for all the issues I've had getting it to scrape made-for-TV movies, when it came to scraping 2001: A Space Odyssey (tt0062622), all it would pick up is a 1970 TV show about it.

I had to manually override it with the tt code, because even though it listed the movie under 'Partial Matches', it wouldn't 'verify' it when I selected the movie from there.

Please don't get me wrong, DC, I'm really not complaining! I'm so happy to have EMM back in action with (mostly) functional scrapers, that I'm going back through my entire library and updating everything. Its just that in doing so (for 1400+ movies), I'm running across some issues. I really do appreciate your efforts (and anyone else who's working on it - I don't mean to leave them out, you just seem to be the face at this point)!!

Why you do not you use TMDB as scraper? This has much better search results. You also can mix scrapers if you wan't use partial fields from IMDB.

Based on this suggestion, I've been using the TMDB scraper - it's not picking up ratings all the time, either. I've manually confirmed that TMDB does have the rating.

How do I mix scrapers? It seems that the only way to switch is to go into the options and disable one and enable the other. It seems that if I have 2 enabled, it runs through both, and I get the poster & fanart selection boxes twice for each movie.

First scraper in the list (in settings window) has the highest priority, all following and enabled scrapers are for fallback, if the previous scraper have no result for a specific NFO field. You can change to prority with the green arrows in each scraper settings panel (top right).

In the global settings panel (Settings -> Movies -> Scraper-Data) you can globaly enable or disable a specific field. If a field is diasbled, Ember ignore the scraper settings for this field.
If you want all informations from TMDB, but Ratings and Voting from IMDB:
- enable both scrapers
- set the TMDB scraper to first position
- disable Ratings and Votes in TMDB scraper
- enable only Ratings and Votes in IMDB scraper
(2015-01-17, 19:41)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]First scraper in the list (in settings window) has the highest priority, all following and enabled scrapers are for fallback, if the previous scraper have no result for a specific NFO field. You can change to prority with the green arrows in each scraper settings panel (top right).

This only works if the scrapers will actually pick up the ratings.

For example, Courageous (TMDB: 72213) (IMDB: tt1630036) both show a PG-13 rating, but a scrape didn't pick it up from either.
(2015-01-17, 22:03)FreeMan xbmc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-17, 19:41)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]First scraper in the list (in settings window) has the highest priority, all following and enabled scrapers are for fallback, if the previous scraper have no result for a specific NFO field. You can change to prority with the green arrows in each scraper settings panel (top right).

This only works if the scrapers will actually pick up the ratings.

For example, Courageous (TMDB: 72213) (IMDB: tt1630036) both show a PG-13 rating, but a scrape didn't pick it up from either.

TMDB has no MPAA, only Certifications:

Do you have enabled Certifications, set the filter to "USA" (or something else) and "Use Certification for MPAA"?