Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did I read the update correctly that 1.4 will not work on Windows7x64 ?
Works on Windows 7 and newer. Only XP is no longer supported by latest .NET Framework.
(2015-01-24, 17:45)quade1337 Wrote: [ -> ]nope i cant do that... i share the files fot ftp... each episode has to have its own folder with rars.

Ahmed,

Don't know what O/S you are on but have you tried softlinks/hardlinks/junctions?

If you link the 1st rar to the root of the Season folder, it may work...
(2015-01-22, 20:32)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-01-22, 20:24)quade1337 Wrote: [ -> ]how difficult it is to add this feature...

I can't say that.
We have to add the same recursive function like for movies. But we have some triggers like "is in a season folder" they no longer work with episode folders. Maybe it's easy to add this feature, maybe not.
I will try to check that after next release, but please have patience. You can follow this tracker to see if someone have started working on that: Link

It wouldn't be hard for the poster to write a python script that moves all of the episode files up one directory and then deletes the episode folders.
Dan and team -

I'm sure you have a thread for this, but how can I best contribute $$ to you for your efforts? Do you guys have a common PayPal account? I'd like to thank you for your efforts...
(2015-01-28, 09:40)akjmart2002 Wrote: [ -> ]Dan and team -

I'm sure you have a thread for this, but how can I best contribute $$ to you for your efforts? Do you guys have a common PayPal account? I'd like to thank you for your efforts...

Please use the Donate button in Ember. It's linked with our PayPal account.
Thank you!
(2015-01-26, 22:46)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Works on Windows 7 and newer. Only XP is no longer supported by latest .NET Framework.

Here is what I saw because I am running x64 Ember Media Manager 1.4.0.7 Version 4 BETA x86 - 2014-12-01 (No x64 for this release. We have to solve a few problems first.)

Only Ember x86, not Windows. Runs without any problem on Windows x64.
One minor annoyance that would be nice to see fixed:
I run multiple monitors, and while waiting for a rescrape, or poster/fanart downloads, I'll often switch to another app on another monitor. When EMM has finished its processing, it pops up the window in the middle of the monitor with the active window. I would be nice if it would always display dialog boxes centered over its own window, instead.

EDIT: oh, and the Settings dialog always appears centered on monitor 1, no matter what.

again, minor quibbles
(2015-01-31, 19:08)FreeMan xbmc Wrote: [ -> ]One minor annoyance that would be nice to see fixed:
I run multiple monitors, and while waiting for a rescrape, or poster/fanart downloads, I'll often switch to another app on another monitor. When EMM has finished its processing, it pops up the window in the middle of the monitor with the active window. I would be nice if it would always display dialog boxes centered over its own window, instead.

EDIT: oh, and the Settings dialog always appears centered on monitor 1, no matter what.

again, minor quibbles

The window should now be fixed.
Awesome! Thank you Dan Cooper
My Android stb's stopped working because it has 1.5 gigs of memory used by XBMC out of 2 gigs. Come to find out when I used Ember it gave me new posters using the movie name -poster.jpg when I use to have just poster.jpg. I have to go in and remove all the Fanart and extra posters.

Question what is XBMC protocol is it the name of the movie-poster.jpg or poster.jpg same goes with nfo files ? Do I have to manually go in all the folders and clean them up or can Amber go in and remove all the data except for the movie it self ?
Hi. I have 300+ movies which some of them are on hd-trailers and ember seems to not download some of them. For e.g. dodgeball is on hd-trailers but ember doesn't do anything to download it. I can post more trailers that don't work if u would like.
EMM isn't scraping anything other than movie info, poster and fanart.
(2015-02-05, 13:44)baskinghobo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I have 300+ movies which some of them are on hd-trailers and ember seems to not download some of them. For e.g. dodgeball is on hd-trailers but ember doesn't do anything to download it. I can post more trailers that don't work if u would like.

Can you name a few more movies who have trailers on hd-trailers but Ember doesn't find anything? Also the log would be helpful (you can post at pastebin: http://pastebin.com/ and send link) Would be helpful indeed and will check out later