Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just upgraded into the new version of Ember. The issue I had before with some of the episodes being double-counted appears to be fixed!

I've only noticed two very small things. Sometimes the Season check marks are missing, but not always. Not sure if I've narrowed down when it happens and when it doesn't. Also, when I started up Ember for the first time I noticed one show was only showing two of four seasons. I'm not quite sure why, but when I removed it and added it back again it seemed fine. Not sure if it was an Ember thing or a my stupidity thing.

One thing that might be more of a feature change is that I am more attuned to the fact that if you mark more than one show as Watched, it waits until the end of the updates for all the shows before putting check marks. Not sure if it might look better to put the check marks after each show is completed. Shows take much longer than Movies. The Watched indicator used to not work for me, but it seems that now that I have moved to a mysql set-up Kodi will take it into account (I think so long as I remove it and load it back in, though I'm in the process of verifying that).
Just tried that but I'm afraid it isn't working.

1. Removed movies from DB.
2. Closed EMM.
3. Edited AdvancedSettings with those 2 lines.
4. Restart EMM
5. Updated library.

Existing art wasn't picked up.
Hi,

Having some problems with TV Shows that have multi-episode files. My files are named like this:

Code:
2x06 - Big Time Sneakers.avi
2x07 - Big Time Pranks.avi
2x08x09 - Big Time Christmas.avi

Previous versions identified the double episode correctly, but the latest version 1.4.3.1 doesn't it just identifies it as 2x08 - Big Time Christmas (1).

Is there a setting (Regex perhaps) that I need to set in order to scrape these episodes properly or is it something that has been removed which will be correct in a later version?

Could you also post a guide to the Regex settings that EMM uses. What string is parsed by the Regex in the Settings->TV Shows->Files and sources->Regex tab and Settings->TV Shows->General->Episode Folder/File Name options? And what output does EMM expect from these options.

Thanks in advance
(2015-04-02, 01:06)redglory Wrote: [ -> ]Just tried that but I'm afraid it isn't working.

2. Closed EMM.
4. Restart EMM
5. Updated library.

Works for me with edited AdvancedSettings.xml.
Do you have tried to use the images from old scraping with wrong filenames/stacking?

(2015-04-02, 01:17)doive Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Having some problems with TV Shows that have multi-episode files. My files are named like this:

Code:
2x06 - Big Time Sneakers.avi
2x07 - Big Time Pranks.avi
2x08x09 - Big Time Christmas.avi

Previous versions identified the double episode correctly, but the latest version 1.4.3.1 doesn't it just identifies it as 2x08 - Big Time Christmas (1).

Is there a setting (Regex perhaps) that I need to set in order to scrape these episodes properly or is it something that has been removed which will be correct in a later version?

Could you also post a guide to the Regex settings that EMM uses. What string is parsed by the Regex in the Settings->TV Shows->Files and sources->Regex tab and Settings->TV Shows->General->Episode Folder/File Name options? And what output does EMM expect from these options.

Thanks in advance

2x08x09 works with 1.4.3.1, but only if you have followed the hints in download thread an loaded this line:

Since 1.4.3.x we use the same regex system like in Kodi: Link
Only Split-Episodes and Roman numerals does not work, but Split-Episodes will be fixed in next release.

Folder/File filter have nothing to do with regex. The filters are only used if Ember can't get a proper season/episode number or if the tv show is not scraped (no tvshow.nfo with a valid TVDB ID).
(2015-04-02, 01:04)ss4johnny Wrote: [ -> ]One thing that might be more of a feature change is that I am more attuned to the fact that if you mark more than one show as Watched, it waits until the end of the updates for all the shows before putting check marks. Not sure if it might look better to put the check marks after each show is completed. Shows take much longer than Movies. The Watched indicator used to not work for me, but it seems that now that I have moved to a mysql set-up Kodi will take it into account (I think so long as I remove it and load it back in, though I'm in the process of verifying that).

Changed that to real time checkmark update while changing multiple tv shows/seasons/episodes.

If you want that Kodi imports watched state you have to add the line <importwatchedstate> to Kodi AdvancedSettings.xml: Link
(2015-04-02, 10:55)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-02, 01:06)redglory Wrote: [ -> ]Just tried that but I'm afraid it isn't working.

2. Closed EMM.
4. Restart EMM
5. Updated library.

Do you have tried to use the images from old scraping with wrong filenames/stacking?

Nevermind,

Had "Stack <filename>" activated under "Optional Settings" in Movies->Files and Sources->Expert settings

Disabled it and my files got recognised.

Thanks
(2015-04-02, 16:14)redglory Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-02, 10:55)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]

2. Closed EMM.
4. Restart EMM
5. Updated library.

Nevermind,

Had "Stack <filename>" activated under "Optional Settings" in Movies->Files and Sources->Expert settings

Thanks

Ok, but that's wrong. XBMC/Kodi need stacked filenames. But "part.1" should no longer be removed/stacked with fixed AdvancedSettings.xml.
Stacking means remove things like "CD1" or "DVD.2". "Part.1" was only a wrong-positive stacking form that Ember has recognized.

Do you have tried to scrape this movie again without old/existing NFO and images?
(2015-04-02, 16:22)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-02, 16:14)redglory Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-02, 10:55)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Works for me with edited AdvancedSettings.xml.

Nevermind,

Thanks

Ok, but that's wrong. XBMC/Kodi need stacked filenames. But "part.1" should no longer be removed/stacked with fixed AdvancedSettings.xml.
Stacking means remove things like "CD1" or "DVD.2". "Part.1" was only a wrong-positive stacking form that Ember has recognized.

Do you have tried to scrape this movie again without old/existing NFO and images?

I think I have...

Going to try again. Remove every artwork and nfo and re-scrape with setting on.

PS: my settings are set like this:

PS2: It's a No Go for me...
Keep getting this:

My AdvancedSettings.xml
(2015-04-02, 11:25)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]If you want that Kodi imports watched state you have to add the line <importwatchedstate> to Kodi AdvancedSettings.xml: Link

Ah, yes, I see now. I had put that in when I was setting up the mysql server with Kodi.

On the other thing with the check marks being weird for the seasons, I think it's that they're not there, but then when I've been marking the shows as watched they pop up.
(2015-04-02, 22:16)redglory Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-02, 16:22)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-02, 16:14)redglory Wrote: [ -> ]Nevermind,

Thanks

I think I have...

Going to try again. Remove every artwork and nfo and re-scrape with setting on.

PS: my settings are set like this:

PS2: It's a No Go for me...
Keep getting this:

My AdvancedSettings.xml

Sorry, but i can't see that you have added the two lines to AdvancedSettings.xml...
Add the lines, enable stacking in expert settings (or ufe the Helix default settings), remove all files (including NFO and trailer) and rescrape the movie again.

Also the Audio and Video Convert lists are empty...
Wow that's weird... I'm surge i've added them at the bottom...

Will have to review this. Perhaps delete and regenerate advancedsettings.
I'm experiencing an intermittent issue that seems to have started with the latest EMM version. Here are the actions that sometimes cause the issue:
  • Move new movie file to the media storage location
  • Select EMM > Update Library
  • EMM creates a new directory and moves the new movie file [e.g. For movie1.(2015), EMM creates directory called movie1.(2015) and places the file inside]
  • Select movie1 in the Movies tab and right-click Rescrape Movie
  • The Edit Movie window with the movie information properly populates; and the functionality to select a poster and fanart works properly
  • Within Edit Movie Press OK
  • Although the movie info, poster, and fanart were selected, EMM does NOT save a movie1.(2015).nfo, movie1.(2015)-poster.jpg, or movie1.(2015)-fanart.jpg. The movie1.(2015) directory only contains the movie file. Additionally, none of the items are checked off on the Movies tab. It's as though the rescrape never took place.

Until recently, the above procedure worked flawlessly 100% of the time for prior EMM versions.

When this occurs, I've tried repeating the rescraping procedure; manually adding the movie via Manual TMDB Entry; and quitting/restarting EMM, but the issue persists.
hey guys

Would it be possible to add variables into the renamer module so TV episodes could be named like this:

Example1 : Better Call Saul - S01E01 - Uno [SD.480p.720x404.x264.AAC].mp4
Example2 : Breaking Bad - S01E01 - Pilot [HD.1080p.1920x1082.x264.AAC].mkv

I use this syntax in Filebot to achieve it:
Code:
{n} - {S00E00} - {t} [{sdhd}.{vf}.{resolution}.{vc}.{ac}]

The closest I got in Ember is:
Code:
$Z - $W2S?2E?{ - $T} [$R.$H.$J]
(Note: $H doesn't seem to work for me tho, tried on a few files)

If this is theoretically possible, let me know and I'll add a feature request.

many thanks
(2015-04-03, 03:49)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but i can't see that you have added the two lines to AdvancedSettings.xml...
Add the lines, enable stacking in expert settings (or ufe the Helix default settings), remove all files (including NFO and trailer) and rescrape the movie again.

Also the Audio and Video Convert lists are empty...

1. Removed movies.
2. Deleted AdvancedSettings.xml
3. Opened EMM to generate it
4. Added 2 lines
5. Finished custom settings
6. Re-scraped movies and now naming as expected Smile

Thanks for your help Dan