Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-04-07, 18:54)boppyman Wrote: [ -> ]I held out and waited and updated from 4.0.6 to the latest and every thing works brilliantly and had no troubles at all, great job Smile

I have a question about the actors images, is there any way to centralise them all so i dont have loads of duplicates for each movie?
That would be great indead, but I believe KODI doesn't support centralised actor folder (like we did for movieset images). Of course this means a lot of duplicate actor images Confused
Perhaps some kind of symlink would be a valid aproach?!
I am sure this is stated somewhere, however, I have been unable to find it. Is EMM 1.4.3.1 using V2 or V3 of the fanart.tv API. I have having some problems retrieving images for some movies and don't know how to try and resolve the issue.

For example: For the movies 'My Cousin Vinny' I have been unable to retrieve the banner while I can retrieve the banner for 'You've Got Mail'. Both have been approved over a day ago.

I am using my personal API key.

Thanks
(2015-04-09, 17:07)hslansky Wrote: [ -> ]I am sure this is stated somewhere, however, I have been unable to find it. Is EMM 1.4.3.1 using V2 or V3 of the fanart.tv API. I have having some problems retrieving images for some movies and don't know how to try and resolve the issue.

For example: For the movies 'My Cousin Vinny' I have been unable to retrieve the banner while I can retrieve the banner for 'You've Got Mail'. Both have been approved over a day ago.

I am using my personal API key.

Thanks

v3
Thanks Dan, looks like it may have been an issue with one of the fanart.tv web servers.
(2015-04-09, 18:21)hslansky Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Dan, looks like it may have been an issue with one of the fanart.tv web servers.

The servers are also very slow for me in last two days...
(2015-04-08, 18:47)Cocotus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-07, 18:54)boppyman Wrote: [ -> ]I held out and waited and updated from 4.0.6 to the latest and every thing works brilliantly and had no troubles at all, great job Smile

I have a question about the actors images, is there any way to centralise them all so i dont have loads of duplicates for each movie?
That would be great indead, but I believe KODI doesn't support centralised actor folder (like we did for movieset images). Of course this means a lot of duplicate actor images Confused

OK thanks mate.

I thought Kodi did but after checking it was centralise extra fanart that i was thinking of under artwork downloader not actor images.
Team I've found this issue:
on new scrapes (I do not know since when... sigh!) the studios field is composed of multiple items:
Color Force / Lionsgate

while in the past it would have been only
Lionsgate

This is an issue because with the double name nor EMM nor Kodi show the correct studio icon (they match the name... of the icon).

Is there a way to filter only the first studio during scrape?
(2015-04-10, 21:53)m.savazzi Wrote: [ -> ]Team I've found this issue:
on new scrapes (I do not know since when... sigh!) the studios field is composed of multiple items:
Color Force / Lionsgate

Lionsgate

This is an issue because with the double name nor EMM nor Kodi show the correct studio icon (they match the name... of the icon).

You can use the Settings -> Movies -> Scrapers-Data -> Only studio with logo.
But i think a limiter/only first studio would be a better option.
(2015-04-10, 22:03)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
Color Force / Lionsgate

Lionsgate

In fact there's already a limit field for studio like genre/actor in data scraper settings - Personally I put "1" in the limit field, because my skin will only display studio logo if there's one studio entry in nfo. Also I copied the studio flags of the XBMC skin to Ember directory overwriting the default Ember studios. Then I enabled the setting Dan mentionend: " Only studio with logo" - this way its guarented I will only save studio into NFO if the skin supports the display of the studio. Smile
(2015-04-10, 22:45)Cocotus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-10, 22:03)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
Color Force / Lionsgate

Lionsgate

In fact there's already a limit field for studio like genre/actor in data scraper settings - Personally I put "1" in the limit field, because my skin will only display studio logo if there's one studio entry in nfo. Also I copied the studio flags of the XBMC skin to Ember directory overwriting the default Ember studios. Then I enabled the setting Dan mentionend: " Only studio with logo" - this way its guarented I will only save studio into NFO if the skin supports the display of the studio. Smile

This is GREAT!

I will check it and clear the ones with multiple studios Smile
Found a small bug:
If the studio does have a / in the name when is saved is splitted in 2 different studio.

Example:
Production Co: Filmkameratene A/S

Code:
<studio>Filmkameratene A</studio>
  <studio>S</studio>

That is wrong Smile

The question is how do we save it?
We cannot save it as Filmkameratene A/S as we cannot generate a Filmkameratene A/S.jpg image as is invalid!

I would suggest we simply remove the /
so Filmkameratene A/S will become: Filmkameratene AS
(2015-04-11, 09:45)m.savazzi Wrote: [ -> ]Found a small bug:
If the studio does have a / in the name when is saved is splitted in 2 different studio.

Example:

Code:
  <studio>S</studio>

That is wrong Smile

We cannot save it as Filmkameratene A/S as we cannot generate a Filmkameratene A/S.jpg image as is invalid!

I have to check that.
Additional bug:
studios are not XML encoded so text like Télévision gets completely screwed up on the é
(2015-04-11, 09:52)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-04-11, 09:45)m.savazzi Wrote: [ -> ]Found a small bug:

Example:

Code:
  <studio>S</studio>

That is wrong Smile

I have to check that.

I got a lot of them cleaning up my NFO. All studios with the / get splitted Smile
this is another: Jaffe/Braunstein Films

I think the only way to show the correct picture is to save the studio without the /
JaffeBraunstein Films
OR with a space
Jaffe Braunstein Films

Once we decide how to save them we can fix the images.
I've discovered we already have couple of images using some one standard some the other Sad

a little messy