Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Dan,

Incredible tool you have created, many thanks!

I started using release 1.4.4, and took some time to explore and get familiar. Eventually updated to 1.4.5, same thing, slowly becoming familiar with all the features. I'm now on 1.4.6 and am feeling like I've read and tested enough to reach out to you with questions/comments.

More background:
1. EMM is running on Windows 7, latest patching.
2. Media location is on a network NAS and the shares are mapped via UNC network paths (V: W: etc.).
3. I'm able to scrape (and save) all other formats except discart.
4. Note that I did not actually test discart scraping with the previous two releases, it took me a bit to fully understand how the tool should/could be used.

Settings:
1. Settings -> Movies -> Scrapers - Images -> Display "Image Select" dialog --- Checked.
2. Settings -> Movies -> Scrapers - Images -> FanartTV --- Is at the top, is enabled, and Get DiscArt is checked.
3. All other movie image scrapers are disabled at this time - to narrow down the testing.
4. After I get a movie title configured the way I like it, I "Lock" it within EMM. If I want to change it again, I "Un-lock" it. Hope this is the intended use case.

It seems that 1.4.6 is having problems with discart in my environment. I've tried the few settings suggestions here in the forum, here are the results:

1. With a manual scrape (Re-Scrape Selected -> Ask/Auto -> DiscArt), for just discart, I'm not prompted with any images and there is no results.
2. With an Edit Movie -> DiscArt Tab -> Change DiscArt Scrape -- It downloads and presents images. I chose one, it appears in the Edit window preview, then I click OK and it does not appear on the main view page, and it is gone if it go back in to Edit Movie -> DiscArt Tab.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Red
(2015-05-30, 15:15)red_sound Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Dan,

I started using release 1.4.4, and took some time to explore and get familiar. Eventually updated to 1.4.5, same thing, slowly becoming familiar with all the features. I'm now on 1.4.6 and am feeling like I've read and tested enough to reach out to you with questions/comments.

More background:
2. Media location is on a network NAS and the shares are mapped via UNC network paths (V: W: etc.).
4. Note that I did not actually test discart scraping with the previous two releases, it took me a bit to fully understand how the tool should/could be used.

Settings:
1. Settings -> Movies -> Scrapers - Images -> Display "Image Select" dialog --- Checked.
2. Settings -> Movies -> Scrapers - Images -> FanartTV --- Is at the top, is enabled, and Get DiscArt is checked.
3. All other movie image scrapers are disabled at this time - to narrow down the testing.
4. After I get a movie title configured the way I like it, I "Lock" it within EMM. If I want to change it again, I "Un-lock" it. Hope this is the intended use case.

It seems that 1.4.6 is having problems with discart in my environment. I've tried the few settings suggestions here in the forum, here are the results:

1. With a manual scrape (Re-Scrape Selected -> Ask/Auto -> DiscArt), for just discart, I'm not prompted with any images and there is no results.
2. With an Edit Movie -> DiscArt Tab -> Change DiscArt Scrape -- It downloads and presents images. I chose one, it appears in the Edit window preview, then I click OK and it does not appear on the main view page, and it is gone if it go back in to Edit Movie -> DiscArt Tab.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Red
Is any file name enabled for discarts (Settings - Movie - Files and Sources - File Names)?
(2015-05-30, 17:21)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]

More background:

Settings:

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Red
Is any file name enabled for discarts (Settings - Movie - Files and Sources - File Names)?

The only option I see similar to that is on the Settings -> Movies -> Files and Sources -> File Naming -> Expert Tab. I just now tried enabling this and inputting some parameters but it didn't change the results.

On the Settings -> Movies -> Files and Sources page, under File Naming -> Kodi Tab, I do not show a DiscArt check box. There is one in ArtworkDownloader, and it is checked off. Neither area shows a space for a file name as you have indicated...

Thanks for your help.
(2015-05-30, 22:11)red_sound Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-30, 17:21)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]

More background:

Settings:

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Red

The only option I see similar to that is on the Settings -> Movies -> Files and Sources -> File Naming -> Expert Tab. I just now tried enabling this and inputting some parameters but it didn't change the results.

On the Settings -> Movies -> Files and Sources page, under File Naming -> Kodi Tab, I do not show a DiscArt check box. There is one in ArtworkDownloader, and it is checked off. Neither area shows a space for a file name as you have indicated...

Thanks for your help.
Kodi has no DiscArt support by default. You have to use the ArtworkDownloader Addon in Kodi to read all image types that are listed in Embers AD groupbox.
(2015-05-27, 11:29)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-27, 03:12)arcelas Wrote: [ -> ]http://justpaste.it/ldia

Thank you.
I've found some bugs in TMDB search part. Working on a fix.

Edit:
But you have some other problems with your archive (movies and episodes). I've seen many "path to long" errors in your log file:
Code:
EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.IO.PathTooLongException: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.

EDIT--Sorry if it is not clear from the quote, this is in reference to the object instance error mentioned earlier
I am not at the correct computer to post my logs yet, but also getting the object reference error in tv series. Doesn't seem to happen when initially scanning, but does happen when rescraping certain series. Since it is hit and miss, I have to find one it errors on, but it also doesn't always error on the same file. For instance, I might try to rescrape Firefly (just as an example, don't know if it happens with firefly) and I get the error, but when I shut down and reopen ember, the next time I might be able to rescrape firefly without the error. I will try and do more testing and logging but just wanted to let you know it is happening with tv series.

Also, it seems the nfo problem I mentioned last week is pretty bad. Rescraping series leaves behind several "ghost" nfos for episodes that have been moved to a different directory or are no longer there. The only way to get them to not keep coming back is to delete the series from the database and then rescan it and then the ghosts of files past do not show up. In the past this happened rarely but now so far it seems to be happening on any tv shows that change locations. Will also try to document that too. Thanks for all you guys do!
(2015-06-02, 10:22)sanjonny Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT--Sorry if it is not clear from the quote, this is in reference to the object instance error mentioned earlier
I am not at the correct computer to post my logs yet, but also getting the object reference error in tv series. Doesn't seem to happen when initially scanning, but does happen when rescraping certain series. Since it is hit and miss, I have to find one it errors on, but it also doesn't always error on the same file. For instance, I might try to rescrape Firefly (just as an example, don't know if it happens with firefly) and I get the error, but when I shut down and reopen ember, the next time I might be able to rescrape firefly without the error. I will try and do more testing and logging but just wanted to let you know it is happening with tv series.
I also get this, but it is consistent on all tv-shows. However as I read DanCoopers repsonse, he is aware of the problem and working on a fix.
I think he is rewriting the scrapers code, so that's why the fix is taking a bit longer.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
(2015-06-02, 10:22)sanjonny Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT--Sorry if it is not clear from the quote, this is in reference to the object instance error mentioned earlier

I seem to be getting the same object reference error. I put in three new shows and if I ever tried to do more than one show, then Ember would crash. Doing them all in separate sessions seemed to work. However, I also seem to be having some issue downloading new Season/Show artwork. The TV image artwork selector isn't bringing up anything even though there is artwork on tvdb.
I'm using EMM 1.4.6.0 on Windows 7 x64, using administrative privileges.

Has there been a change to the way the movies are scraped? Previously when I used to scrape a movie, after selecting the appropriate IMDB title, it would automatically popup and scrape any fanart, poster, clearart, etc. Now, it automatically goes to the edit screen and I have to manually go through each tab and download them.

The only thing that pops up anymore to automatically scrape is the trailer (which is very nicely done).

I'm thinking I'm missing something here?

Thanks!

P.S. Here are my image download settings:

(2015-06-03, 23:05)fnwc Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using EMM 1.4.6.0 on Windows 7 x64, using administrative privileges.

Has there been a change to the way the movies are scraped? Previously when I used to scrape a movie, after selecting the appropriate IMDB title, it would automatically popup and scrape any fanart, poster, clearart, etc. Now, it automatically goes to the edit screen and I have to manually go through each tab and download them.

The only thing that pops up anymore to automatically scrape is the trailer (which is very nicely done).

I'm thinking I'm missing something here?

Thanks!

P.S. Here are my image download settings:

Please read thr hints in download thread. There is a new setting in Movies -> Scrapers - Images to reactivate the Select Image dialog.
(2015-06-03, 23:07)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Please read thr hints in download thread. There is a new setting in Movies -> Scrapers - Images to reactivate the Select Image dialog.

Ok thanks. I missed that.
Just finished the comment section in trakt.tv manager:

Now it's possible to add comments for your movies and submit them to trakt.tv Wink
(2015-06-02, 10:22)sanjonny Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-27, 11:29)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-27, 03:12)arcelas Wrote: [ -> ]http://justpaste.it/ldia

Thank you.
I've found some bugs in TMDB search part. Working on a fix.

Edit:
But you have some other problems with your archive (movies and episodes). I've seen many "path to long" errors in your log file:
Code:
EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.IO.PathTooLongException: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.

EDIT--Sorry if it is not clear from the quote, this is in reference to the object instance error mentioned earlier

Also, it seems the nfo problem I mentioned last week is pretty bad. Rescraping series leaves behind several "ghost" nfos for episodes that have been moved to a different directory or are no longer there. The only way to get them to not keep coming back is to delete the series from the database and then rescan it and then the ghosts of files past do not show up. In the past this happened rarely but now so far it seems to be happening on any tv shows that change locations. Will also try to document that too. Thanks for all you guys do!

So I got it to have the object error on suburban shootout (tv series).
when I then reload emm, the file comes up okay and works. So it must be something that is in the program and not specifically the series that is being scraped since it doesn't happen all the time and also doesn't happen only on a certain series.

here is the csv file link, first time I tried this site (edit) to see the whole file you have to download it

http://www.sharecsv.com/s/5a853e528f3ddf...-06-03.csv

let me know if I can provide anything else.
OK, here is the latest status about the "TV Show Search Results" and "TMDB Search Results" dialog errors (NullReferenceException): Booth are fixed!

In "TV Show Search Results" dialog it was simple a missing "RemoveHandler" since i have changed the dialog to a autosizing table layout.
The error happened in the second tv show that you want to (re-)scrape or cahnge.
Workaround: Restart Ember after you have rescraped or changed a tv show.

In TMDB it was the new Request Rate Limiting of 40 API requests in 10 seconds. In most cases, this limit is only reached if you search a movie title that gives back more than 40 search results (e.g. the movie "2012" from the year 2009, API give back over 400 results). Until now, we have request the IMDB ID for each movie in search results for maximum 60 movies... we have reached the limit already in the search.

Now we have changed the TMDB wrapper to one that can handle the limit (he waits that 10 seconds if the limit is reached), also we have massive reduced the API calls. We no longer get the IMDB for each search results (we don't need it at this time), also with the new wrapper we can get all informations for a movie with one API call.
Now, the only thing that reduce the speed and raise up the API calls is the setting "Fallback to English" in TMDB data scraper. Whit this setting we need two API calls (preffered language and english) for each movie. That means you can reach the limit after 20 scraped movies instead of 40 without fallback when Ember and your internet connection can scrape so many movies in 10 seconds.

That means: Disable the fallback if you not necessarily required it.

New realase coming soon. I will also try to fix that "ghost NFO" bug for next release.
(2015-05-25, 19:29)graff1337 Wrote: [ -> ]Bug report @ setup wizard of 1.4.6.0

"First, let's tell Ember Media Manager where to locate your movies."
- I added a source
- Next
- Next
- Back
- Back [to "where to locate your movies"]
- Remove source
- Crash: SQL logic error or missing database
no such table: movies

Log: []REMOVED

Thank you. It's now fixed and improved.
(2015-06-02, 10:22)sanjonny Wrote: [ -> ]Also, it seems the nfo problem I mentioned last week is pretty bad. Rescraping series leaves behind several "ghost" nfos for episodes that have been moved to a different directory or are no longer there. The only way to get them to not keep coming back is to delete the series from the database and then rescan it and then the ghosts of files past do not show up. In the past this happened rarely but now so far it seems to be happening on any tv shows that change locations. Will also try to document that too. Thanks for all you guys do!

I've have checked that know.
If you move or delete episode you have to clean the database with Tools -> Clean Database. The cleaning routine do remove all no longer exist or no longer available movie and episode paths. Another solution is the delete the episodes in episode list.

Although I could install a check, but this would slow down the whole scraping process.
But since we anyway reprogram the whole thing, I'm going to keep the issue in mind.