Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If it helps any, what usually happens with me is i have a few episodes that I have put in a tv folder and then as a new season comes on or I decide I am going to keep every episode, I move those from the root, say Firefly\episode1.mkv to seasons under the root so Firefly\Season 1\episode1.mkv.

I would imagine that is what others do to so if somehow that helps with the logic or not, thats what I do. Knowing about cleaning the database is good though, at least that takes care of the problem en masse.
Hi Dan,

Using the most recent version, I am trying to enter API keys for TheTVDB and Fanart.tv in the TV image and data scraper sections. I am unable to use cut/paste functions on the fields. I'm guessing that this is not intentional, and we should be able to cut and paste. I would check this on all of the sections, as any place i have checked, I have not been able to use cut/paste.

Also, you should probably have a single place to enter in API keys for each of the services (fanart, thetvdb, tmdb, etc) probably as a global setting, and then have the options for the different scrapers should just toggle between integrated and personal key without needing entry in each scraper section. Right now, you have to enter the personal key for each service in each scraper. Combined without the ability to cut/paste, this makes for a error-prone process and a lot of tedium.

Thanks,
Dave
Hi Dan,

With poster image scraping, can we also include 1400x2100 as an option? That is also a common format (similar to 1000x1500) and would be nice to be able to select that as preferred.
i'm also noticing that you cannot cut/paste into the text field when manually entering an IMDB ID during movie scraping.
Hi Dan, more feedback. I'm getting a crash every time I try to 'rescrape' a TV show after the first time. For example, after a fresh load of Ember, rescrape works fine. If i try to scrape another, Ember crashes with object reference not set error.

Also, noticed that we don't have an option to scrape multiple TV shows, like we can with movies. Is this coming (or did I miss it)?
(2015-06-05, 18:35)deh2k7 Wrote: [ -> ]Using the most recent version, I am trying to enter API keys for TheTVDB and Fanart.tv in the TV image and data scraper sections. I am unable to use cut/paste functions on the fields. I'm guessing that this is not intentional, and we should be able to cut and paste. I would check this on all of the sections, as any place i have checked, I have not been able to use cut/paste.

(2015-06-05, 19:41)deh2k7 Wrote: [ -> ]i'm also noticing that you cannot cut/paste into the text field when manually entering an IMDB ID during movie scraping.

You must have some local problem
I have just double checked this and no problem with c&p, both right click and past from context menu or ctrl+v working fine

Running EMM 1.4.6 on win7
I'm quite a new user, and without being familiar with all the features Ember Media Manager provides (a lot!), I really enjoy using EMM. Great application, it helps a lot, thanks EMM team.

Is this the right place to request a feature?

I think it would be great to be able to scrape the movie title and plot in e.g. german but keep the genre tags in english.

Also it would really help if I could list my media based on genres, e.g. see all "Action" movies and maybe even remove or add a genre from multiple items at once.
(2015-06-06, 12:29)graff1337 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm quite a new user, and without being familiar with all the features Ember Media Manager provides (a lot!), I really enjoy using EMM. Great application, it helps a lot, thanks EMM team.

Is this the right place to request a feature?

I think it would be great to be able to scrape the movie title and plot in e.g. german but keep the genre tags in english.

Also it would really help if I could list my media based on genres, e.g. see all "Action" movies and maybe even remove or add a genre from multiple items at once.

Under Settings->Movies->General you could set Genre language filter to "English" and then use IMDB scraper settings and check "Genre" there and disable "Genre" in TMDB scraper settings (because I guess you're set language of TMDB Scraper to germany). This would scrape genres in english and all other things in german.

You can use genre filter:
(2015-06-06, 13:24)Cocotus Wrote: [ -> ]Under Settings->Movies->General ...

Argh, I even double checked before posting because I felt there must be other filters somewhere, still I missed them. ^^

Thanks for your help! Your way to combine the scrapers works like a charm.
I've noticed i'm getting duplicate files in all of my folders, l have all the <filename>-landscape.jpg, <filename>-poster.jpg, <filename>-fanart.jpg ect as well as just the landscape.jpg, poster.jpg, fanart.jpg ect so i have 6 of each.

Is it possible to have just 1 type of file naming in there that both EMM and Artwork downloader pick up so i can delete all the duplicate files?
(2015-06-06, 16:52)boppyman Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed i'm getting duplicate files in all of my folders, l have all the <filename>-landscape.jpg, <filename>-poster.jpg, <filename>-fanart.jpg ect as well as just the landscape.jpg, poster.jpg, fanart.jpg ect so i have 6 of each.

Is it possible to have just 1 type of file naming in there that both EMM and Artwork downloader pick up so i can delete all the duplicate files?
ArtworkDownloader reads only e.g. landscape.jpg, but Kodi use <filename>-landscape.jpg as export file name. So...no, it's not possible.

But if you one use AD to adds the Kodi-unsupported files, just disable poster, fanart, extrathumbs and extrafanarts in AD.
Im only using AD to load the files that i create from EMM does that makes any difference seeing as im not using Kodi to export anything?
(2015-06-06, 17:54)boppyman Wrote: [ -> ]Im only using AD to load the files that i create from EMM does that makes any difference seeing as im not using Kodi to export anything?
If you don't export anything from Kodi you have only to disable the 4 image types in AD addon. This 4 types are handled by Kodi himself.
(2015-06-05, 19:32)deh2k7 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Dan,

With poster image scraping, can we also include 1400x2100 as an option? That is also a common format (similar to 1000x1500) and would be nice to be able to select that as preferred.

Confirmed. Will be available in v1.4.7.0.
(2015-06-06, 17:57)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-06, 17:54)boppyman Wrote: [ -> ]Im only using AD to load the files that i create from EMM does that makes any difference seeing as im not using Kodi to export anything?
If you don't export anything from Kodi you have only to disable the 4 image types in AD addon. This 4 types are handled by Kodi himself.

Thanks mate.

I'm not quite understanding what you mean?

If i disable the 4 image types in AD i can remove the all the - filenames and still use it to load up the images single name files EMM creates?