Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have artwork downloaded and named properly, but only fanart and poster appear in Kodi after I update my library. Does anybody know how to get disc, logo, etc to appear after update? I am running 15.0 Beta 2, Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO mod, Win 7
(2015-06-25, 23:25)JoeBlow42069 Wrote: [ -> ]I have artwork downloaded and named properly, but only fanart and poster appear in Kodi after I update my library. Does anybody know how to get disc, logo, etc to appear after update? I am running 15.0 Beta 2, Aeon Nox 5, Win 7

Use Artwork Downloader - although note it only supports single movies per folder, so not movie-name prefixed artwork - or similar tools, as the stock scrapers will only load poster and fanart artwork types. Disc, logo, clearart etc. are not "standard" artwork types.
Ugh, that brings me to another problem. AD doesn't dl these unless I manually do it from AD, 1 movie at a time. Have you encountered this problem Milhouse? This is a big pain with a large collection.
(2015-06-25, 23:33)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-25, 23:25)JoeBlow42069 Wrote: [ -> ]I have artwork downloaded and named properly, but only fanart and poster appear in Kodi after I update my library. Does anybody know how to get disc, logo, etc to appear after update? I am running 15.0 Beta 2, Aeon Nox 5, Win 7

Use Artwork Downloader - although note it only supports single movies per folder, so not movie-name prefixed artwork - or similar tools, as the stock scrapers will only load poster and fanart artwork types. Disc, logo, clearart etc. are not "standard" artwork types.

Don't forget to disable movie poster, fanart, extrafanarts and extrathumbs in Kodi's ArtworkDownloader addon. The Kodi "stock loader/scraper" does add this 4 arts.
Niice! Kodi seems to be updating now w/ dl logo and disc art from Ember when I enable those only in AD, and run AD 1x.
AD is crappy ;-) But we are working on a Kodi JSON interface addon to add all this extra arts directly to Kodi without AD or MSAA (for MovieSets).
This could be my new favorite threadSmile Def look forward to following your progress!
(2015-06-25, 23:41)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Don't forget to disable movie poster, fanart, extrafanarts and extrathumbs in Kodi's ArtworkDownloader addon. The Kodi "stock loader/scraper" does add this 4 arts.

Being pedantic, extrafanarts/extrathumbs are not actually scraped either, as they're not added to the media library database.

What actually happens is that skins with support for extrafanart/extrathumbs will look for this extra artwork in the file system, and use it if they find it. Support for "extra" artwork is entirely a skin feature and nothing to do with scrapers.
(2015-06-26, 00:07)Milhouse Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-25, 23:41)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Don't forget to disable movie poster, fanart, extrafanarts and extrathumbs in Kodi's ArtworkDownloader addon. The Kodi "stock loader/scraper" does add this 4 arts.

Being pedantic, extrafanarts/extrathumbs are not actually scraped either, as they're not added to the media library database.

What actually happens is that skins with support for extrafanart/extrathumbs will look for this extra artwork in the file system, and use it if they find it. Support for "extra" artwork is entirely a skin feature and nothing to do with scrapers.

Yes, you're absolutely right. But it are also images that do not have to be managed by AD.
Hey all,

I'm using the latest Beta, and scraped a few new movies,... Note: I switched to Expert Mode, and had EMM name the files movie.nfo, poster.jp. fanart.jpg ...
and after scraping,. I only expected to see the <movie>.mkv along with movie.nfo, fanart.jpg and poster.jpg .
I saw those files, but I "also" saw the <movie>.nfo, <movie>-poster.jpg and <movie>-fanart.jpg as well.

Is this correct? I would expect to see only one iteration of those files, not 2

just wondering if I'm doing something wrong.
thanks for any help.
Note: it was 18 months ago the last time I used EMM, ... Kudos to you on all the improvements!!!!!

Allen
If you only want those from expert you have to deselect the others in Kodi tab
HI

I had an old version that was working fine, i have now updated to the latest version and when i try start the program i get and error "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: Address"
I am using a x64 pc, so not sure if that would be the problem, if it is please can u direct me to the latest working x64 version

Thanks
(2015-06-30, 10:33)T-bird_se Wrote: [ -> ]If you only want those from expert you have to deselect the others in Kodi tab

ahhhhh, thank you, I overlooked that!! so now my movie folder has only the following files:

<movie>.mkv (or ... .avi, .mp4, etc.)
fanart.jpg
poster.jpg
clearart.png
disc.png
movie.nfo
landscape.jpg
banner.jpg
logo.png

going forward, this appears to be the preferred naming conventions that Kodi and AD want, ... am I correct??

EDIT: upon further checking, this looks correct except for the nfo file. It looks like Kodi still wants <movie>.nfo instead of movie.nfo
Personally I prefer:

<movie>.nfo
<movie>-fanart.jpg
<movie>-poster.jpg
<movie>-clearart.png
<movie>-disc.png
<movie>-movie.nfo
<movie>-landscape.jpg
<movie>-banner.jpg
<movie>-logo.png

That way if things inadvertently get moved to the wrong folder, I know what the files are and where they really belong. Plus no other files well get replaced if they perhaps get dropped in the wrong movie folder.
I agree, but AD dont work that way Sad