Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having severe speed issues when trying to perform the Clean Database on my TV library (40k episodes). It takes well over half an hour just to complete this operation. I know everyone won't have such volume but it should also be manifesting as a slow process for other users. The issue is with the algorithm which takes each episode at time and checks the disk to see if the file is physically still there, causing multiple disk reads.

This could be improved significantly by rewriting the way this works. By reading a folder contents once then performing the checking against the contents of the folder rather than the other way around, vastly reducing disk access.

I could rewrite this routine myself if there's a branch available?
(2015-07-10, 01:33)FidoFuz Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having severe speed issues when trying to perform the Clean Database on my TV library (40k episodes). It takes well over half an hour just to complete this operation. I know everyone won't have such volume but it should also be manifesting as a slow process for other users. The issue is with the algorithm which takes each episode at time and checks the disk to see if the file is physically still there, causing multiple disk reads.

This could be improved significantly by rewriting the way this works. By reading a folder contents once then performing the checking against the contents of the folder rather than the other way around, vastly reducing disk access.

I could rewrite this routine myself if there's a branch available?

Help is always appreciated and it sounds like you have a plan Nod The source on git is here: https://github.com/DanCooper/Ember-MM-Newscraper, I would just check out/commit your changes to the master branch Wink
Any chance of getting the MPAA ratings to scrape only the country of interest?

So instead of getting:
Code:
Argentina:13 / Australia:M / Canada:14A / Canada:G / Canada:PG / Czech Republic:12 / Finland:K-13 / Germany:12 / Hong Kong:IIA / Iceland:12 / Ireland:12A / Italy:T / Japan:U / Malaysia:U / Netherlands:12 / New Zealand:M / Norway:11 / Philippines:G / Portugal:M/12 / Singapore:PG / South Africa:13V / South Korea:15 / Spain:7 / Sweden:11 / Switzerland:10 / Switzerland:10 / UK:12A / USA:PG-13

I could just get:
Code:
USA:PG-13

Or whatever my choice of country is? I realize not every country has their own rating attached to a movie, so I guess there would need to be a fallback option for when your chosen country doesn't have a rating.

As an example, the Universal Movie Scraper has an option for this and it creates nice clean MPAA ratings, which is useful for creating playlists for children.

Maybe this ability already exists, but I just don't know how to accomplish it.

EDIT:
I just think I found what I needed in the settings/Scrapers-Data in the Scraper Fields - Global. I just found the dropdown next to the Certification field. I changed it from All to USA and it looks to be doing what I hoped for.
IMDB is the only scraper with MPAA rating like "Rated PG-13 for drugs....".
All other scrapers has certifications. You can limit the certification to one country and use it as MPAA value. There is also an option to use certification only as fallback if no MPAA was found.
You can find all these options in Settings -> Movies -> Scrapers-Data -> Global Fields/Certification Options.
Thanks Dan. I just updated my above post above where I just found that option. So many settings in Ember, I thought I looked everywhere, but that one got past me.
Hello. I'm new to using Ember and this has likely been asked before so I apologize in advance. I have local trailers stored for all movies in my library. How do I get Ember to see these and not look for a trailer on YouTube or someplace?

Thanks!
(2015-07-12, 00:06)Dave the Minion Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. I'm new to using Ember and this has likely been asked before so I apologize in advance. I have local trailers stored for all movies in my library. How do I get Ember to see these and not look for a trailer on YouTube or someplace?

Thanks!

As long as they are named properly, Ember will find them. Just disable the Overwrite Existing and Delete All Existing in the Trailer scraper.

-Pr.
Hi Dan,

Ok this time i double checked before posting... Tongue

I use IMDB as my main scraper and TMDB as a fallback.
  • When something is not found on IMDB, it doesn't seem to try looking for the title on TMDB.
  • The IMDB scraper doesn't return listings for TV Movies or Video Titles

Examples:

TV Movie: Chris Tucker Live (2015) [tt4835636]
Video: Justice League: Gods and Monsters (2015) [tt4324302]

These do not get picked up during the command-line scraping, (Re)Scrape Movie, or Change Movie (Auto)

I have to manually enter the ttxxxxxxx.

Also, if a title doesn't exist at all on IMDB, i have to go to Settings, Disable IMDB, Apply, Scrape, go to Settings, Enable IMDB, Apply, Continue Scraping the rest of the unmatched movies.

Ideally, when manually scraping, it would be great if i when it comes up with no results or wrong results, we just click cancel and it searches with the next enabled scraper in the list. If we click OK, then it doesn't go to the next scraper. I believe it used to work like that in one of the 1.3.x builds...

Something great would be to be able to use something like: Change Movie (Auto) ---> with IMDB or Change Movie (Auto) ---> with TMDB

Example of something on TMDB but not on IMDB yet: UFC 189: Mendes vs. McGregor (2015) [342560]

I have filed an enhancement request for that last one: http://bugs.embermediamanager.org/thebug...issues/240

-Pr.

P.S. Some might say to just use TMDB as the main scraper but i prefer IMDB because the information there is QA'd and sanitized. I have found several typos and outright errors in TMDB so i prefer having it as a backup. And yes i do correct the errors when i can but it can get tiresome having to nitpick every detail of 60 new titles freshly scraped.
Forgot to say that yes TV Movies and Video Titles are enabled :

Dan has the season naming convention changed ? somehow I am getting double scraped episodes and am unable to identify where is this coming from ?
(2015-07-13, 19:55)shaktoo Wrote: [ -> ]Dan has the season naming convention changed ? somehow I am getting double scraped episodes and am unable to identify where is this coming from ?
No, not really. What says the log file?
Dan whats happened is that ember saves metadata for TV Shows into seasons " season 01" whereas my trakt enabled TV Show directory is being built now as " season 1" . This is causing doubling up of episodes showing .
I am trying to edit the regex thats where the defining of season parameter is I guess but cannot work out what to edit I am going to upload some pics to explain

Image[/img]
Image[/img]
Image[/img]
(2015-07-14, 10:17)shaktoo Wrote: [ -> ]Dan whats happened is that ember saves metadata for TV Shows into seasons " season 01" whereas my trakt enabled TV Show directory is being built now as " season 1" . This is causing doubling up of episodes showing .
I am trying to edit the regex thats where the defining of season parameter is I guess but cannot work out what to edit I am going to upload some pics to explain

Image[/img]
Image[/img]
Image[/img]

Hi Shaktoo

first, you should reload the missing "TV Show Multi Part Match" regex. Simply click the reaload button on the right side of text field.

Secondly, your issues has nothing to do with "Show Matching Regex". I think it's the renamer "Season Folder Pattern" settings that change your "Season 1" folder to "Season 01".
Please check your season folders pattern setting:

Code:
Season $K2_?
With this pattern, Ember change/create season folders like "Season 01" or "Season 13".

Code:
Season $K1_?
With this paatern, Ember change/create season folders like "Season 1" or "Season 13".

Episode number works in the same way.
(2015-07-12, 22:48)Pr.Sinister Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Dan,

Ok this time i double checked before posting... Tongue

I use IMDB as my main scraper and TMDB as a fallback.
  • When something is not found on IMDB, it doesn't seem to try looking for the title on TMDB.
  • The IMDB scraper doesn't return listings for TV Movies or Video Titles

Examples:

TV Movie: Chris Tucker Live (2015) [tt4835636]
Video: Justice League: Gods and Monsters (2015) [tt4324302]

These do not get picked up during the command-line scraping, (Re)Scrape Movie, or Change Movie (Auto)

I have to manually enter the ttxxxxxxx.

Also, if a title doesn't exist at all on IMDB, i have to go to Settings, Disable IMDB, Apply, Scrape, go to Settings, Enable IMDB, Apply, Continue Scraping the rest of the unmatched movies.

Ideally, when manually scraping, it would be great if i when it comes up with no results or wrong results, we just click cancel and it searches with the next enabled scraper in the list. If we click OK, then it doesn't go to the next scraper. I believe it used to work like that in one of the 1.3.x builds...

Something great would be to be able to use something like: Change Movie (Auto) ---> with IMDB or Change Movie (Auto) ---> with TMDB

Example of something on TMDB but not on IMDB yet: UFC 189: Mendes vs. McGregor (2015) [342560]

I have filed an enhancement request for that last one: http://bugs.embermediamanager.org/thebug...issues/240

-Pr.

P.S. Some might say to just use TMDB as the main scraper but i prefer IMDB because the information there is QA'd and sanitized. I have found several typos and outright errors in TMDB so i prefer having it as a backup. And yes i do correct the errors when i can but it can get tiresome having to nitpick every detail of 60 new titles freshly scraped.

The IMDB scraper find Chris Tucker Live, but only without the year in search text. I have to check why it's work for movies, but not for tv movies.

We will adapt in the future the conduct of the scraper, then should more possibilities exist.
Thanks Dan that solved the issue Smile