Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-01-16, 14:58)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]I have fixed that in 1.3.x
Let me check that this evening.

Just tested with r18 and the same as in all beta
http://bugs.embermediamanager.org/thebug.../issues/27
(2014-01-16, 21:48)T-bird_se Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-16, 14:58)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]I have fixed that in 1.3.x
Let me check that this evening.

Just tested with r18 and the same as in all beta
http://bugs.embermediamanager.org/thebug.../issues/27

DanCooper,
T-bird is right. The issue with F5 and tv shows has ALWAYS been in EMM (I tried some old versions too)...

T-Bird that is the bug that opened all the discussion... there is no an immediate solution, I'm trying to understand if the F5 is needed or we use just the library update.

I'm not clear on the use cases.

In other words:
Empty DB -> Library update -> will populate the DB of all the contents loading images, trailers and NFO if available
Existing movie - add a fanart/poster/trailer -> Library update -> what happens? what is the expected output?
Existing movie - add a fanart/poster/trailer -> F5 -> what happens? what is the expected output?

Existing TV Show - add a fanart/poster/trailer -> Library update -> what happens? what is the expected output?
Existing TV Show - add a fanart -> F5 -> what happens? what is the expected output?

To me it appears there is some confusion...

M
I have always testet with allready scraped shows and movies.

The different between library update and F5 is that library update don't check or find new content on a movie that already exist in database.

Try this:
- scrape a movie
- delete poster and fanart manually in explorer
- select the movie in Ember and press F5 -> Ember remove poster and fanart flag
- copy files back in folder
- select movie and press F5 -> Ember add flags again

This will not work with a database update, Ember ignore folders that already have a movie file in database and search only new movie files (and content of this new movie files).
Ember has a function "Relead all Movies" that make the same, but always with ALL movies.
I will check library update.

Try this:
clean DB
import all series
click on a series
F5

BUM!

Empty series, empty series, empty episodes.

The issue is that the series - episodes is filled in the DB during the scan but then, when F5 is used is checked on the NFO and DB is cancelled.

It is weird as the during the initial scan all images are and data is detected and imported correctely

M
My work around is to remove and add TV-Shows source, then the import is 100%, see screen shot

The key here is that EP with nfos (good catch) is always preserved and those without is deleted from DB if you reload it

Can't you use same scanning function used then adding a source when hitting F5 or reload?
(2014-01-17, 23:26)T-bird_se Wrote: [ -> ]My work around is to remove and add TV-Shows source, then the import is 100%, see screen shot

The key here is that EP with nfos (good catch) is always preserved and those without is deleted from DB if you reload it

Can't you use same scanning function used then adding a source when hitting F5 or reload?
Is the same workaround I use

I tried that but the library scan works only if the content is NOT In the DB, in other words I should delete all db and the scan all the content.

this is why I was asking do we need F5 or not.

M
Found another bug while lokal trailer scanning. I will fix and commit it later tonight.

Also i check the F5 bug again Sad
(2014-01-17, 23:33)m.savazzi Wrote: [ -> ]this is why I was asking do we need F5 or not.

M

My opinion is yes we need it and the expected functionality is that it should work the same as for movies
(2014-01-17, 23:34)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Found another bug while lokal trailer scanning. I will fix and commit it later tonight.

Also i check the F5 bug again Sad

thanks

(2014-01-17, 23:38)T-bird_se Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-17, 23:33)m.savazzi Wrote: [ -> ]this is why I was asking do we need F5 or not.

M

My opinion is yes we need it and the expected functionality is that it should work the same as for movies

What you mean: same of movies ?

make some exaamples.
(2014-01-18, 00:03)m.savazzi Wrote: [ -> ]What you mean: same of movies ?

make some exaamples.

Check my post #258 and try it with a movie.
(2014-01-18, 00:29)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-18, 00:03)m.savazzi Wrote: [ -> ]What you mean: same of movies ?

make some exaamples.

Check my post #258 and try it with a movie.

Yes exactly what I mean

EDIT: Not only that it flag the presence a nfo, if the nfo is manually edited it update the db with new content
Guys,
I have read the posts BUT there is a MAJOR difference. a movie is a SINGLE asset
A TV Show is NOT.

So what happens if I add an episode?
should F5 detect it or not?
Also F5 works based on DB info, today till a show is scraped there are no DB info on series and episodes (and this I think is the origin of the bug)

If I remove the nfo for an episode the episode should disappear or not?
(2013-12-26, 17:54)Cocotus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-25, 10:35)Cocotus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-12-25, 00:05)T-bird_se Wrote: [ -> ]Excellent news Cocotus

Just one request, I want all movies already in any set filtered out of the movie list, not just the selected one
Now it's possible to include in more than one set and that is not handled by XBMC

Good idea I will look at it!

It's in for next version. This will make sure that you can't add one movie to multiple sets (it's not supported in FRODO!)
Did this get in to 20140110 version?
If so it's broken and there are other bugs to in sets manager

When you create sets the included movies is visible in the set list, but if you close it and reopen again it's empty but the sets tag is written in to the nfo

If you want me to file a bug report say so and I do it
(2014-01-18, 13:23)m.savazzi Wrote: [ -> ]Guys,
I have read the posts BUT there is a MAJOR difference. a movie is a SINGLE asset
A TV Show is NOT.

Also F5 works based on DB info, today till a show is scraped there are no DB info on series and episodes (and this I think is the origin of the bug)

If I remember correct:
Adding a new movie
Update library and the movie file itself is found, nothing else
If you already have nfo and/or artwork, you hit F5 and the content get updated in DB

The difference in shows is that it can have hundreds of EP and multiple seasons if it's a long running show
The same behaviour as above is expected for shows, but as it has so much more content it's use full to be able to do it on seasons and single ep also

Edit: I think everything is working as aspected, the bug is that if the nfo is missing and you hit F5 it get deleted from db and you can't get it back with an library update, that should not happens if the episode file exist
(2014-01-18, 14:03)T-bird_se Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-01-18, 13:23)m.savazzi Wrote: [ -> ]Guys,
A TV Show is NOT.

If I remember correct:
Adding a new movie
Update library and the movie file itself is found, nothing else
No the movie is detected with all existing info, no need of additionl F5

(2014-01-18, 14:03)T-bird_se Wrote: [ -> ]If you already have nfo and/or artwork, you hit F5 and the content get updated in DB

The difference in shows is that it can have hundreds of EP and multiple seasons if it's a long running show
The same behaviour as above is expected for shows, but as it has so much more content it's use full to be able to do it on seasons and single ep also

Edit: I think everything is working as aspected, the bug is that if the nfo is missing and you hit F5 it get deleted from db and you can't get it back with an library update, that should not happens if the episode file exist
ok...