Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-09-25, 19:11)quade1337 Wrote: [ -> ]whats the ETA on episode folder supportHuh is it really that hard to include it.

http://bugs.embermediamanager.org/thebug.../issues/11
(2015-09-25, 19:11)quade1337 Wrote: [ -> ]whats the ETA on episode folder supportHuh is it really that hard to include it.

I guess so, otherwise you would have already found a solution right?
Hi there

Just tried out the new version and find it hard to find some settings form the old one

1. where is the scrape full cast setting, as the new version is only getting a few actors
2. where is the image size setting for actors as its getting low res versions instead of high quality ones.
3. how do I set a uk ratings as I have tried a couple of settings and its still getting the American ratings
4. how do I juts get trailers link instead of downloading the trailers
5. where are the settings to stop searching artwork or selecting the types of artwork as there is some artwork I don't need to scrape
6. is there a audio lpcm format setting as I can not find one in the audio list
7. where do the downloaded sample images get stored and do they get deleted after the scrape ? as this would fill the hard drive
8. how do you stop the active x plugin error without installing it as i don't want that type of security risk on my system

thanks
(2015-09-25, 19:55)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]

quade1337,

If you read the bug report, you will see that it's already fixed and available in version 1.4.0.0
either the bug report is wrong, not relevant to your question, you have the wrong version of EMM, you found a new bug.
(2015-09-27, 14:37)hatbrox Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-25, 19:55)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]

quade1337,

If you read the bug report, you will see that it's already fixed and available in version 1.4.0.0
either the bug report is wrong, not relevant to your question, you have the wrong version of EMM, you found a new bug.

It will be available in next release 1.4.8.0.
(2015-09-26, 09:25)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there

Just tried out the new version and find it hard to find some settings form the old one

1. where is the scrape full cast setting, as the new version is only getting a few actors
2. where is the image size setting for actors as its getting low res versions instead of high quality ones.
3. how do I set a uk ratings as I have tried a couple of settings and its still getting the American ratings
4. how do I juts get trailers link instead of downloading the trailers
5. where are the settings to stop searching artwork or selecting the types of artwork as there is some artwork I don't need to scrape
6. is there a audio lpcm format setting as I can not find one in the audio list
7. where do the downloaded sample images get stored and do they get deleted after the scrape ? as this would fill the hard drive
8. how do you stop the active x plugin error without installing it as i don't want that type of security risk on my system

thanks

1. It's missing in global settings. We are discussing if we remove it completely. If you check Avatar on IMDB, the full crew contains more than 1'000 entries. I think it's just not a good idea to store all this information. This fills the database useless.

2. Ember should download always the full size image for actors. Can you say me a movie that's only downloading low res images and the scraper you're using?

3. MPAA is USA rating only. If you want UK, you have to disable MPAA, enable Certifications with filter "UK" and the setting "Use Certification for MPAA".

4. Disable all Trailer scrapers (Scrapers - Trailer). These scrapers are only for downloading trailers.

5. Movies => Files and Sources => File Names: diable the types that you don't wont scrape.

6. I'm not shure. If Ember does not save the proper audio codec "name" we have to check what Kodi use as name for saving to database. But I don't have such files and can't test it.

7. Ember does only save tv show images to cache (.\EmberMediaManager\Temp). Next release will have an option to enable or disable caching for all media types. We are using memory stream (RAM) to "save" all images while scraping.

8. Diasble VLC plugin in Settings => Modules
(2015-09-25, 18:10)fred_gaou Wrote: [ -> ]Please check this link for screenshots. The Files and Sources settings on screenshot are customized, hence different from those I used for the test where it was the default provided by ember. But there is so little changes and it produces the same issue.

I just tested a fresh install of 1.4.0.6 (all default settings), following the same steps as first post with same library.

Results with 1.4.0.6 after first run and new built database:
  • Columns reports the existing extra data as banner, clearart, etc.
  • But movie overview can only display poster, fanart, landscape, clearart

It also could successfully auto scrape all items for new movies adding banner, clearart, disc and logo while 1.4.7.2 failed at this.
But scraper couldn't end although it properly downloaded the files. I had to kill ember.

Conclusion: there is definitely a bug related to last version.

I would gladly test any new beta to quickly check that.

Nope, it's not a bug.
You have set the movie source to "NOT in separate folders" and the file name settings to "ArtworkDownloader" for the additional image types. But ArtworkDownloader does only support e.g. "banner.jpg" and NOT "<filename>-banner.jpg", and this does not work if all movies are in the same folder.

What you have to do is adding all addition image types to File Names => Expert (tab) => Multi (tab) list. Use <filename>-imagetype.ext (e.g. <filename>-banner.jpg), enable Stack <filename> and reload all movies.
@DanCooper

I just presumed it was a bug because I didn't have to do anything in previous version in order to work.

Thanks for the tip, it seems to properly work now ;-)
(2015-09-24, 00:32)Pr.Sinister Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,

How can i create my own Export Movie List Template?

http://wiki.embermediamanager.org/index....le=HOW_TOs

Theres a small tutorial down when you scroll down
(2015-09-27, 18:16)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-26, 09:25)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]6. is there a audio lpcm format setting as I can not find one in the audio list
6. I'm not shure. If Ember does not save the proper audio codec "name" we have to check what Kodi use as name for saving to database. But I don't have such files and can't test it.
I would also like to know that. I did this instead:
1.Save and place for example this icon in:
"C:\Ember Media Manager BETA\Images\Flags\acodec_pcm.png"
and name it acodec_pcm.png
2.Add 'pcm' as shown in the second picture:
watch gallery

Reboot Ember and it will pickup the audio metadata and also show the icon for the audio codec in the gui for the movie you (re)scaped.
(2015-02-28, 10:10)sunkenrat Wrote: [ -> ]i have installed 1.4 beta on windows 7, but when i run the program i get an error that says: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: address.

Someone know what to do? earlier versions have worked like a charm.

It seems Ember still has a dependency on VLC. Install VideoLAN VLC Player and it will resolve the issue.
(2015-09-30, 18:40)Kwart1001 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-27, 18:16)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-26, 09:25)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]6. is there a audio lpcm format setting as I can not find one in the audio list
I would also like to know that. I did this instead:
1.Save and place for example this icon in:
"C:\Ember Media Manager BETA\Images\Flags\acodec_pcm.png"
and name it acodec_pcm.png
2.Add 'pcm' as shown in the second picture:
watch gallery

Reboot Ember and it will pickup the audio metadata and also show the icon for the audio codec in the gui for the movie you (re)scaped.

Thanks will try it out this weekend. So does xbmc or kodi use lpcm or pcm for the info. ?
If you want to see what Audio/Video Codes are supported by Kodi, take a look at the InfoLabels section of Kodi wiki:

http://kodi.wiki/view/InfoLabels

Quote:ListItem.VideoCodec
Shows the video codec of the currently selected video (common values: 3iv2, avc1, div2, div3, divx, divx 4, dx50, flv, h264, microsoft, mp42, mp43, mp4v, mpeg1video, mpeg2video, mpg4, rv40, svq1, svq3, theora, vp6f, wmv2, wmv3, wvc1, xvid)

ListItem.VideoResolution
Shows the resolution of the currently selected video (possible values: 480, 576, 540, 720, 1080, 4K). Note that 540 usually means a widescreen format (around 960x540) while 576 means PAL resolutions (normally 720x576), therefore 540 is actually better resolution than 576.

ListItem.VideoAspect
Shows the aspect ratio of the currently selected video (possible values: 1.33, 1.37, 1.66, 1.78, 1.85, 2.20, 2.35, 2.40, 2.55, 2.76)

ListItem.AudioCodec
Shows the audio codec of the currently selected video (common values: aac, ac3, cook, dca, dtshd_hra, dtshd_ma, eac3, mp1, mp2, mp3, pcm_s16be, pcm_s16le, pcm_u8, truehd, vorbis, wmapro, wmav2)

ListItem.AudioChannels
Shows the number of audio channels of the currently selected video. (possible values: 0, 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10)

So basically i.e. we need to exactly define a DTS movie with "dtshd_ma" in nfo of movie for Kodi to display the correct flag. This is why we have a kind of "translation/mapping" configuration table in Ember because Kodi is scanning with ffmpeg and Ember uses Mediainfo - meaning the results differ, so we use a codec configuration to map the mediainfo fields to correct ffmpeg fields. Hope this clears some things up Wink
Do we have a releasewindow for the next beta? The season/episode scrape crash is somewhat killing EMM these days (new tv season in the states).
(2015-10-01, 18:24)Dragen Wrote: [ -> ]Do we have a releasewindow for the next beta? The season/episode scrape crash is somewhat killing EMM these days (new tv season in the states).
its like doom Wink
its done, when its done ^^ ... but i think its "soon" hehe