Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-10-01, 22:44)schimi2k Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-01, 18:24)Dragen Wrote: [ -> ]Do we have a releasewindow for the next beta? The season/episode scrape crash is somewhat killing EMM these days (new tv season in the states).
its like doom Wink
its done, when its done ^^ ... but i think its "soon" hehe
... that was Duke Nukem Wink
hehe i knew it was something with a D.... ^^ and a shooter...
Hi,

For existing or new movie in data base, I tried everything I could imagine to force the downloading of actors thumbs in .actors folder to no avail. I tested the (Re)Scrape selected movie → Automatic → actors thumb only. When I run that, nothing happens and none line is written in log that would report an action was triggered.

Here is screenshots from my settings. It seems to be the same issue than here but my .actors folder is not hidden and only contains one year old thumbs written by a previous ember build or xbmc (I can't figure it out).

Thumb url and tmdbid for actors are written in nfo.

What do I miss? Can I use 1.4.7.2 to populate .actors folder?
(2015-10-02, 14:17)fred_gaou Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

For existing or new movie in data base, I tried everything I could imagine to force the downloading of actors thumbs in .actors folder to no avail. I tested the (Re)Scrape selected movie → Automatic → actors thumb only. When I run that, nothing happens and none line is written in log that would report an action was triggered.

Here is screenshots from my settings. It seems to be the same issue than here but my .actors folder is not hidden and only contains one year old thumbs written by a previous ember build or xbmc (I can't figure it out).

Thumb url and tmdbid for actors are written in nfo.

What do I miss? Can I use 1.4.7.2 to populate .actors folder?

With "Multi" movies (more than one in a folder), it does not work if you only have enabled Kodi Defaults - Actor Thumbs (will be fixed in 1.4.8.0), but if you have enabled Expert Settings - Actor Thumbs - .jpg it should be working (tested without any issue).

The issue of the other user is resolved here: Link

EDIT: Sorry, there's various bugs with the actor thumbs. I'll fix everything for next release.
(2015-10-02, 14:37)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]but if you have enabled Expert Settings - Actor Thumbs - .jpg it should be working (tested without any issue).
As you can see in screenshots, I enabled that but it didn't make a difference.

I just tested (Re)Scrape selected movie → Automatic → actors thumb only for an existing movie in data base and it does literally nothing.

(2015-10-02, 14:37)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]The issue of the other user is resolved here: Link
I'm sorry, I posted a wrong link. The post I want to refer to is here. Yes, it resolved the issue too but not me. Confused
(2015-10-02, 14:55)fred_gaou Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-02, 14:37)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]but if you have enabled Expert Settings - Actor Thumbs - .jpg it should be working (tested without any issue).
As you can see in screenshots, I enabled that but it didn't make a difference.

I just tested (Re)Scrape selected movie → Automatic → actors thumb only for an existing movie in data base and it does literally nothing.

(2015-10-02, 14:37)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]The issue of the other user is resolved here: Link
I'm sorry, I posted a wrong link. The post I want to refer to is here. Yes, it resolved the issue too but not me. Confused

As I have edited above: There are yet more bugs that I have to fix. A workaround may not be found.
Sorry, but you have to wait for next release to get it proper working with "multi" movie sources.
Thanks. Don't worry. It seems that kodi does a great job to retrieve all actor thumbs just using url in nfo. Just enabled the options to download actor thumbs in kodi before adding and scrap local sources. Then all thumbs are there including in the actors browser view.

I love ember so much, such a great work man!
(2015-08-29, 09:48)Thales Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using the VideoExtras addon and have created an "Extras" folder in the root folder of a few shows.

Is there a way to have Ember completely ignore those? Right now, it is trying to scrape those folders and is creating a mess in the show listings.

The files in those folders are not named for scraping and they don't have any matches on TVDB. But Ember is still adding them with weird seasons and creating all these nfo and jpg files which I have to delete since they are not needed with VideoExtras.

This question has already been asked twice with no answer and I am now at this crossroads. Using 1.4.5.0 it force closes if I do update library on tvshows. Movies are ok as I don't have any extras(yet...). I know the new version is coming out "soon" so is there a way to do with the current version? If not, just a heads up on this then for 1.4.8.0!!
(2015-10-02, 19:33)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-08-29, 09:48)Thales Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using the VideoExtras addon and have created an "Extras" folder in the root folder of a few shows.

Is there a way to have Ember completely ignore those? Right now, it is trying to scrape those folders and is creating a mess in the show listings.

The files in those folders are not named for scraping and they don't have any matches on TVDB. But Ember is still adding them with weird seasons and creating all these nfo and jpg files which I have to delete since they are not needed with VideoExtras.

This question has already been asked twice with no answer and I am now at this crossroads. Using 1.4.5.0 it force closes if I do update library on tvshows. Movies are ok as I don't have any extras(yet...). I know the new version is coming out "soon" so is there a way to do with the current version? If not, just a heads up on this then for 1.4.8.0!!

It's possible to add folders to ignore while scanning. Simply add this row to AdvancedSettings.xml and add your folder names (this is the default one):
Code:
<Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Content="None" Name="NotValidDirIs" DefaultValue="">extrathumbs|video_ts|bdmv|audio_ts|recycler|subs|subtitles|.trashes</Setting>

Simply add |extra if you want disable scanning folder named "Extra":
Code:
<Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Content="None" Name="NotValidDirIs" DefaultValue="">extrathumbs|video_ts|bdmv|audio_ts|recycler|subs|subtitles|.trashes|extra</Setting>
(2015-10-02, 20:03)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-02, 19:33)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: [ -> ]

It's possible to add folders to ignore while scanning. Simply add this row to AdvancedSettings.xml and add your folder names (this is the default one):
Code:
<Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Content="None" Name="NotValidDirIs" DefaultValue="">extrathumbs|video_ts|bdmv|audio_ts|recycler|subs|subtitles|.trashes</Setting>

Code:
<Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Content="None" Name="NotValidDirIs" DefaultValue="">extrathumbs|video_ts|bdmv|audio_ts|recycler|subs|subtitles|.trashes|extra</Setting>

Awesome, I'll give this a shot! Thanks for the quick reply!

EDIT - Worked, thanks alot!
(2015-10-02, 20:28)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-02, 20:03)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-02, 19:33)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: [ -> ]This question has already been asked twice with no answer and I am now at this crossroads. Using 1.4.5.0 it force closes if I do update library on tvshows. Movies are ok as I don't have any extras(yet...). I know the new version is coming out "soon" so is there a way to do with the current version? If not, just a heads up on this then for 1.4.8.0!!

Code:

Code:

Awesome, I'll give this a shot! Thanks for the quick reply!

EDIT - Worked, thanks alot!

Another setting that Ember supports is "ignore if folder name contains..." (this is the default one):
Code:
<Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Content="None" Name="NotValidDirContains" DefaultValue="">-trailer|[trailer|temporary files|(noscan)|$recycle.bin|lost+found|system volume information|sample</Setting>

That means you can rename any folder to e.g. "Season Outtakes (noscan)" and Ember will ignore it.
Although I don't like the (no scan) tag on a folder, good to know!
Thanks Dan. That worked perfectly. Sure is great to just throw all the misc files for a show into the Extras folder and then just forget about it.
(2015-10-01, 08:20)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-30, 18:40)Kwart1001 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-09-27, 18:16)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]6. I'm not shure. If Ember does not save the proper audio codec "name" we have to check what Kodi use as name for saving to database. But I don't have such files and can't test it.
I would also like to know that. I did this instead:
1.Save and place for example this icon in:
"C:\Ember Media Manager BETA\Images\Flags\acodec_pcm.png"
and name it acodec_pcm.png
2.Add 'pcm' as shown in the second picture:
watch gallery

Reboot Ember and it will pickup the audio metadata and also show the icon for the audio codec in the gui for the movie you (re)scaped.

Thanks will try it out this weekend. So does xbmc or kodi use lpcm or pcm for the info. ?

thanks I got it to work but you still have to manually set it to pcm as ember can not pick the right audio, when I do pick it myself it now displays the artwork for pcm in ember. is there a way to make ember pick the pcm when you scrape it ?.

The other problem I found was if you have 2 audio tracks and say the default first track is pcm audio and the 2nd audio track is the AC3 track, even kodi still picks the 2nd track for the info to be displayed which is wrong instead of the first audio track so you have to edit the nfo file to remove the ac3 track from the nfo file and save it to get it to see its pcm in xbmc/kodi

I don't think there is one skin out there that gets all the audio tracks and displays the info in kodi anyway so having just one audio track in the nfo prob does not matter so much.

would be good if this can be added to ember in the future for pcm tracks
DEV: Perfect work you have done! Congratulations

REQ:Its is posible to add a MUSIC TAB for scrap from fanart.tv. (logo, cleartart, discart, artists thums, covers, fanart), etc...

I know this can be done with cdartmanager add-one, but ember is faster and perfect tool..

Great work!