Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Also curious as to what version is the stable version myself. used it quite a bit back in the day, then the IMDB search deal quit working. Recently i downloaded another version, although i can't recall which version or where i found it, and the auto scrape works again. I am quite happy with the way everything is working now. still use it as i prefer to keep the info files in the folder as opposed to kodi scraping all the time.
To the easier unasked question above from RHTizzy, "where do I get the most recent Ember release?"
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=191781
As listed on page 1.
oops....thanks. props to dan or whoever it is putting this together.
(2015-12-02, 16:49)RHTizzy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys, I was browsing the kodi wiki and clicked on the entry in the wiki for this mediamanager which looked promising. That brought up a page that said the wiki was no longer valid and had moved, so clicked on the link provided, which brought up a page showing a link for downloading the stable version. So clicked on that, which brought up a page which said that that forum thread was no longer valid. So went to the forum root, found and clicked on the ember link there, which brought up a subforum overview but no immediately evident link or thread showing a stable version download option. The first post in the important beta link says a Dan Cooper will post that link. Haven't found that link yet so feeling stupid now and am posting here. What did I miss?? Or is there no such thing as a stable version for this media manager?? Or is it advisable to peruse the 195 pages of this thread??

Thx, i've removed the link to Ember 1.3.x and marked it as "no longer supported".
Please use the latest beta.
(2015-12-02, 16:15)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-02, 16:06)RipStop Wrote: [ -> ]HI All,

Is this the right place to identify issues in using 1.4.x EMM? I am a long time user of the old EMM v1.3 and YanFoe with a Popcorn A400 with Eversion and YAMJ. I love the utility and want to contribute in some way. I recently started to use it in anger again to try and maintain my smallish movie collection which is mainly in M2TS format on a Windows Home server.

A lot has changed since v1.3 and a lot of the faults in v1.3 appear to have been fixed Smile Yay!! The movie information collection is pretty efficient but there are a few areas that I have found needing a little tweaking.

Shall I go ahead and post?

Cheers
Rip.

Right place, right time. We are working on last fixes for next release. Maybe we also can fix your issues.

Many thanks Dan... I will be going through some of them tonite in a bit more detail when I get home from work and let you know Smile I think the worst one is the Sets manager which I think actually worked better in v1.3.

1. The method of picking movies to create your Set should default to an alphabetical list of all your movies rather than having to search for them by keyword. Searching by keyword would become a secondary option and v1.3 had this behaviour as default and I preferred it this way. Obviously large lists may need more scrolling.
2. The selection of movies added into the set works fine but the positioning "up" and "down" arrows doesn't work properly. I had to revert to v1.3 for this.
3. I also noticed that once you create a set and then edit or delete it and recreate it the NFO files don't update correctly with the order="x" in the sets subsection. It correctly identifies it as part of a set but not the specific order position. I am manually editing the set_1<movie name>.xml and individual NFO's for this at the moment.
4. I also get a "File inavlid" error box when trying to manually edit the NFO files for movies now and wonder if its because I am using a mix of v1.3 and v1.4 to manage them so this could be my fault.
5. A previous contributor also identified an issue scanning movies with PCM audio tracks although I may have that working. I borrowed his audio PCM flag from his post and I just dropped the flag image into the images folder. I had to map an additional audio codec in the miscellaneous modules but am not sure I have got that correctly set-up. I notice that mediainfo scans it as Format = "PCM" and Codec ID as "128". I probably need to send some screenshots and text from mediainfo on this one Smile

Thats about it for now but will do more later tonite. I really appreciate your utility and great work. Keep it going.

Cheers
Rip
(2015-12-01, 23:48)T-bird_se Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-29, 23:01)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Is anyone interested to test the alpha pre-release version of the forthcoming beta?
No full changelog, only very important hints, no forum support (only PM)...

Send me a PM with subject "PreRelease"

Hi Dan
Finally find some time to start testing, but only movies so far

I installed in an folder there an existing Ember was (maybe not the best choice) but it's a PITA to do all configurations from scratch
I soon realise that most of them had to be redone anyway Confused

Set up both Ember and Kodi with empty source

Haven't had any major issues except in one area and that's collections
I always do it manually no scraping, just create a name an then add some movies
I have also a folder for all artwork, when I create the set the existing artwork for that set get deleted
The movie selection box is empty only get a lot of checkboxes, if i filter out the result and push it to the left the movie name shows up

Kodi interface setup
Realtime sync is not activated

After scraping a movie a popup saying syncing is OK, nothing in Kodi (that's maybe correct but if so why the popoup?)
Syncing from context menu is OK, Kodi get updated

After scraping my movies in Ember I select all movies and sync to Kodi, in Kodi I see a lot of popup messages that a movie is updated with 'local information only' so not sure if it's Ember writing to Kodi db or it's Kodi importing the .nfo

I test the TV-Shows tomorrow

The setting "Enable Kodi Interface" file names for moviesets was not sticky, it was always go back to disabled after confirming settings dialog. That was the reason that Ember has removed the images.
Also I've fixed the movie list in Edit MovieSet dialog.

Syncing works in this way:
- search movie in Kodi DB by file path => if found: get ID / if not found: next step
- search movie in Kodi DB by file name => if found: get ID / if not found: next step
- start Kodi DB update only in movie path => Kodi shows the default Scraper info like "Local Infromations only" (with this way we try to add a new movie to Kodi DB)
- search movie in Kodi DB by file path => if found: get ID

- if ID known => start sync / if no ID was found=> abort and create a log entry

The Kodi Interface does never access the Kodi DB (local or MySQL), it always try to get an ID to send all informations via JSON RPC. This is the only proper way, that will work with all Kodi DB types and versions.
(2015-12-02, 17:20)RipStop Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-02, 16:15)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-02, 16:06)RipStop Wrote: [ -> ]HI All,

Is this the right place to identify issues in using 1.4.x EMM? I am a long time user of the old EMM v1.3 and YanFoe with a Popcorn A400 with Eversion and YAMJ. I love the utility and want to contribute in some way. I recently started to use it in anger again to try and maintain my smallish movie collection which is mainly in M2TS format on a Windows Home server.

A lot has changed since v1.3 and a lot of the faults in v1.3 appear to have been fixed Smile Yay!! The movie information collection is pretty efficient but there are a few areas that I have found needing a little tweaking.

Shall I go ahead and post?

Cheers
Rip.

Right place, right time. We are working on last fixes for next release. Maybe we also can fix your issues.

Many thanks Dan... I will be going through some of them tonite in a bit more detail when I get home from work and let you know Smile I think the worst one is the Sets manager which I think actually worked better in v1.3.

1. The method of picking movies to create your Set should default to an alphabetical list of all your movies rather than having to search for them by keyword. Searching by keyword would become a secondary option and v1.3 had this behaviour as default and I preferred it this way. Obviously large lists may need more scrolling.
2. The selection of movies added into the set works fine but the positioning "up" and "down" arrows doesn't work properly. I had to revert to v1.3 for this.
3. I also noticed that once you create a set and then edit or delete it and recreate it the NFO files don't update correctly with the order="x" in the sets subsection. It correctly identifies it as part of a set but not the specific order position. I am manually editing the set_1<movie name>.xml and individual NFO's for this at the moment.
4. I also get a "File inavlid" error box when trying to manually edit the NFO files for movies now and wonder if its because I am using a mix of v1.3 and v1.4 to manage them so this could be my fault.
5. A previous contributor also identified an issue scanning movies with PCM audio tracks although I may have that working. I borrowed his audio PCM flag from his post and I just dropped the flag image into the images folder. I had to map an additional audio codec in the miscellaneous modules but am not sure I have got that correctly set-up. I notice that mediainfo scans it as Format = "PCM" and Codec ID as "128". I probably need to send some screenshots and text from mediainfo on this one Smile

Thats about it for now but will do more later tonite. I really appreciate your utility and great work. Keep it going.

Cheers
Rip

Ok so a little more work reveals I needed some EMM training Smile I sat down and really had a good look at the Sets creation process and its integration into YAMJ/Eversion. The key feature is being able to name the Sets Fanart and Poster for use by YAMJ and enabling the Sets function in YAMJ. Once you get the EMM Expert settings in the Movie Sets>>Files and Sources>> Expert settings correct you get the right format for YAMJ. However there isn't an option to save it to the first movie in the series where YAMJ expects it. Currently it appears you can save it in a single directory which is not movie specific but YAMJ by default picks up the Sets fanart in the first movie folder.

Sets Images naming is set to Set_<setname>_1.fanart.jpg and Set_<setname>_1.jpg... oh and the Set NFO file is <setname>.nfo

I then manually copy these files into the First movie in the series which seems to work.

I also looked at some other posts and it seems the order in which movies appear in a set is determined by the order in which they are added to the XML file created by YAMJ rather than using the order="x" setting in the sets section of the movie NFO. Does EMM use the order setting now as it doesnt seem to correctly order by year properly even if you tell it to? Sorry if this is covered somewhere else and hope you get what I am saying. Thanks again for helping.

Cheers
Rip
(2015-12-03, 14:09)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]The setting "Enable Kodi Interface" file names for moviesets was not sticky, it was always go back to disabled after confirming settings dialog. That was the reason that Ember has removed the images.

Is that the reason no set art get synced?
(2015-12-04, 19:44)T-bird_se Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-03, 14:09)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]The setting "Enable Kodi Interface" file names for moviesets was not sticky, it was always go back to disabled after confirming settings dialog. That was the reason that Ember has removed the images.

Is that the reason no set art get synced?

Maybe...
I'm working on another alpha release, please be patient.
Love Ember ! Only trouble I had on the last version it changed all my NFO files that I had manually set up for Movie Sets Sad oh well it still does a lot of work for me Smile

Is there a feature that everytime New TV shows are loaded that it will automatically scan them in for me ?

I have a HdhomeRun setup then they are automatically scanned by MCEbuddy. Then I am hoping to have Ember scan and add nfo, poster, fanart Automatically Smile
Gotta turn off the part that overwrites your NFOs. Anything you spent a bunch of random time on, back those suckers up! Do that today.

As far as TV shows, just hit the UPDATE LIBRARY button at the top and select TV Shows. Ember will auto add anything that wasn't previously there. All new episodes will add content automatically (covers, nfo, etc). All new SHOWS will have to be manually scraped once. How many new ones could you have that it wouldn't take a few minutes? Just scrape once, and all new episodes and seasons will pop right in.
(2015-12-06, 04:18)McButton Wrote: [ -> ]Gotta turn off the part that overwrites your NFOs. Anything you spent a bunch of random time on, back those suckers up! Do that today.

As far as TV shows, just hit the UPDATE LIBRARY button at the top and select TV Shows. Ember will auto add anything that wasn't previously there. All new episodes will add content automatically (covers, nfo, etc). All new SHOWS will have to be manually scraped once. How many new ones could you have that it wouldn't take a few minutes? Just scrape once, and all new episodes and seasons will pop right in.

My HdhomeRun is a 3 tuner model..... Its like a puppy mill running 24/7 adding hundreds of TV shows a week LOL Was looking for a program that will do what Ember does for me. I only need it to update once a day so all my TV's in the home are using the same server.

People in my house are not tech savy so having me running Ember once a day is a pain Sad Wish it had a auto feature to run its self.

As per the NFO's I did have that checked off on updates on the last version, I think it was a glitch. Been to scared to have the new version scan my Movie folders. So I have a folder that Ember scans new movies then afterwards I move them into the permanent Movie folder that Ember doesn't scan.
(2015-12-06, 17:27)Rickt1962 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-06, 04:18)McButton Wrote: [ -> ]Gotta turn off the part that overwrites your NFOs. Anything you spent a bunch of random time on, back those suckers up! Do that today.

My HdhomeRun is a 3 tuner model..... Its like a puppy mill running 24/7 adding hundreds of TV shows a week LOL Was looking for a program that will do what Ember does for me. I only need it to update once a day so all my TV's in the home are using the same server.

People in my house are not tech savy so having me running Ember once a day is a pain Sad Wish it had a auto feature to run its self.

As per the NFO's I did have that checked off on updates on the last version, I think it was a glitch. Been to scared to have the new version scan my Movie folders. So I have a folder that Ember scans new movies then afterwards I move them into the permanent Movie folder that Ember doesn't scan.

Ember has many Command Line functions (a part of it will be changed with next beta release).
It's no problem to create a task in Windows Task Planer that starts Ember one time per day to update the DB and do an autoscrape.
You guys are crazy. Thank you science...with all your computer things and matrix codes and such.
(2015-12-06, 17:46)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Ember has many Command Line functions (a part of it will be changed with next beta release).
It's no problem to create a task in Windows Task Planer that starts Ember one time per day to update the DB and do an autoscrape.

Honestly, I've never even tried using the command line with Ember yet. I should probably get on that. I might give it a go with the next version as you have said that there will be better integration with Kodi (and a myriad of other fixes and improvements).

If it were possible for me to write a script automatically runs once a month that would update all the movie & tv imdb/tvdb ratings and then Kodi reflects all those changes, then I definitely would. The way it is now, if you scrape something immediately after it comes out (a tv show in particular), then the (tvdb) ratings might have little value and will gradually be updated to something more informative.