Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager 1.4.x BETA - Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to add actor thumbs to each of my movie folders. But, If I highlight a movie, right-click, and go to (Re)Scrape Selected Movies > Automatic (Force Best Match) > Actor Thumbs Only, nothing happens. If I select (Re)Scrape Movie, and go through picking the poster, fanart, trailer, and clicking OK on the Edit Movie dialogue, then it downloads the actor thumbs.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to change a setting somewhere?

Thanks.
Did you check to see if they actually scraped? In your individual movie folders, they may be stored as .actor. However, that folder is often HIDDEN. You'll have enable hidden files in Windows, possibly.

If not, in Ember, go to Settings/ Movies/ Files and Sources and in the Frodo/Helix buttons, ensure Actor Thumbs is checked.

Then check your Data field. Settings/Movies/Scrapers - Data. In the middle of the left side tabs, ensure Actors is checked.

Also, in Settings/Movies/Scrapers-Images has an enabled scraper (TMDB/ Fanart TV) if not, enable one or both.
Im using the latest beta. For some reason I cannot get emm to start up properly, i get to the screen on initial startup where it goes to loading database and then it shows in the taskbar and when I alt tab, but when i try and actually view it nothing happens (win 10 latest update)
Was working fine yesterday and I was running it today and it worked, i rescraped a show and now can't get any farther than after loading database. Tried force closing and reopening and a bunch of other things, but it doesn't show up. Is there some way to maximize it that I might be missing? My computer did just update to the latest java, could that have something to do with it?

Thanks in advance for your help and it sounds great to hear that we might be getting an update soon!
@McButton: Thank you for your thorough response.

I can, and I do see the .actor folder for movies that I have rescraped entirely, (by right clicking a movie and then hitting (Re)Scrape Movie). However, when I try to scrape just the Actor Thumbs, I do not even get the grey box that shows that EMM is scraping.

In Settings/Movies/Files & Sources: Actor Thumbs is checked (as well as everything else under Frodo / Helix).

In Settings/Movies/Scrapers - Data/Scraper Fields - Global: I don't have a field for 'Actors'. I have 'Cast', and it is checked.

In Settings/Movies/Scrapers - Images: TMDB is enabled.

Is there anything else that could be the problem? I've started to try and play with the other settings now, (in case any of them are the problem) but I haven't found the solution yet.

UPDATE:

I never felt the need for extrathumbs or extrafanart before. But, just as a test, I tried to (Re)Scrape Selected Movies > Automatic (Force Best Match) > Extrafanarts Only, and it worked. I then tried all of the other ones, (ex. Extrathumbs Only, Metadata Only, NFO Only) and they all worked. It's only when I select Actor Thumbs Only that nothing happens. I looked in the log file, and there is no entry for when I tried to scrape Actor Thumbs Only. I can't figure it out.

I'm using version 1.4.7.2 x86

Thanks.
If you scrap single field from context menu everything is for the .nfo only
You have to use the drop down menu at top, and there is a option for Actor thumbs only, and it's working for me
(2015-12-18, 02:47)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-18, 02:26)met_fan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-06, 04:18)McButton Wrote: [ -> ]Gotta turn off the part that overwrites your NFOs. Anything you spent a bunch of random time on, back those suckers up! Do that today.

As far as TV shows, just hit the UPDATE LIBRARY button at the top and select TV Shows. Ember will auto add anything that wasn't previously there. All new episodes will add content automatically (covers, nfo, etc). All new SHOWS will have to be manually scraped once. How many new ones could you have that it wouldn't take a few minutes? Just scrape once, and all new episodes and seasons will pop right in.

When I add new episodes to a series I have already scraped, I typically click the "Update Library" button and the new episodes pop up in the relevant show. Usually the episodes show up unnamed, so I have to go in and re-scrape each episode individually. Right now I'm having an issue where when I try to re-scrape an individual episode, the TV Search results screen pops up but the green progress bar just keeps roaming and the show is never identified. If I delete the entire show from the Ember database and re-scrape it works fine, but I don't really want to have to do that every time I add new episodes to a pre-existing show. Any thoughts on what's going here? Thanks.
Rescraping single episode or season is broken (read the release notes). New version coming next monday.

At Brazil is almost monday!! Big Grin
(2015-12-06, 17:46)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-06, 17:27)Rickt1962 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-06, 04:18)McButton Wrote: [ -> ]Gotta turn off the part that overwrites your NFOs. Anything you spent a bunch of random time on, back those suckers up! Do that today.

As far as TV shows, just hit the UPDATE LIBRARY button at the top and select TV Shows. Ember will auto add anything that wasn't previously there. All new episodes will add content automatically (covers, nfo, etc). All new SHOWS will have to be manually scraped once. How many new ones could you have that it wouldn't take a few minutes? Just scrape once, and all new episodes and seasons will pop right in.

My HdhomeRun is a 3 tuner model..... Its like a puppy mill running 24/7 adding hundreds of TV shows a week LOL Was looking for a program that will do what Ember does for me. I only need it to update once a day so all my TV's in the home are using the same server.

People in my house are not tech savy so having me running Ember once a day is a pain Sad Wish it had a auto feature to run its self.

As per the NFO's I did have that checked off on updates on the last version, I think it was a glitch. Been to scared to have the new version scan my Movie folders. So I have a folder that Ember scans new movies then afterwards I move them into the permanent Movie folder that Ember doesn't scan.

Ember has many Command Line functions (a part of it will be changed with next beta release).
It's no problem to create a task in Windows Task Planer that starts Ember one time per day to update the DB and do an autoscrape.

So I hope I did it correct with Windows Task Scheduler use this "E:\Ember Media Manager BETA\Ember Media Manager.exe -updatetvshows -updatemovies -newauto -all"

Will that update my TV show folder when new episodes are added and when NEW TV series are added ?
(2015-12-22, 01:24)Rickt1962 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-06, 17:46)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-06, 17:27)Rickt1962 Wrote: [ -> ]My HdhomeRun is a 3 tuner model..... Its like a puppy mill running 24/7 adding hundreds of TV shows a week LOL Was looking for a program that will do what Ember does for me. I only need it to update once a day so all my TV's in the home are using the same server.

People in my house are not tech savy so having me running Ember once a day is a pain Sad Wish it had a auto feature to run its self.

As per the NFO's I did have that checked off on updates on the last version, I think it was a glitch. Been to scared to have the new version scan my Movie folders. So I have a folder that Ember scans new movies then afterwards I move them into the permanent Movie folder that Ember doesn't scan.

Ember has many Command Line functions (a part of it will be changed with next beta release).
It's no problem to create a task in Windows Task Planer that starts Ember one time per day to update the DB and do an autoscrape.

So I hope I did it correct with Windows Task Scheduler use this "E:\Ember Media Manager BETA\Ember Media Manager.exe -updatetvshows -updatemovies -newauto -all"

Will that update my TV show folder when new episodes are added and when NEW TV series are added ?

Yes and no

-updatetvshows new episodes for already scraped/known (by tvshow.nfo) tv show will be added and scraped automatically (like usual DB Update), but new tv shows WHITOUT tvshow.nfo will only be added
-updatemovies new movies will be added and marked as "new"
-newauto -all run autoscrape in mode "auto" and get "all" content (images, nfo, trailer, based on settings) for all movies that are marked as "new"
(2015-12-21, 03:07)Soujirou Seta Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-18, 02:47)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-18, 02:26)met_fan Wrote: [ -> ]When I add new episodes to a series I have already scraped, I typically click the "Update Library" button and the new episodes pop up in the relevant show. Usually the episodes show up unnamed, so I have to go in and re-scrape each episode individually. Right now I'm having an issue where when I try to re-scrape an individual episode, the TV Search results screen pops up but the green progress bar just keeps roaming and the show is never identified. If I delete the entire show from the Ember database and re-scrape it works fine, but I don't really want to have to do that every time I add new episodes to a pre-existing show. Any thoughts on what's going here? Thanks.
Rescraping single episode or season is broken (read the release notes). New version coming next monday.

Yeah, sorry mates. My grandma is in hospital since last night and a had not enought time to fix the last bugs and write changelog and hints. But i'm shure, it will be release before christmas.
(2015-12-22, 01:53)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-18, 02:47)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Rescraping single episode or season is broken (read the release notes). New version coming next monday.

Yeah, sorry mates. My grandma is in hospital since last night and a had not enought time to fix the last bugs and write changelog and hints. But i'm shure, it will be release before christmas.

Oh no, sorry to hear that Dan! Hope she gets better soon and you have an awesome x-mas!!
(2015-12-18, 02:47)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Rescraping single episode or season is broken (read the release notes). New version coming next monday.

A complete recovery for your grandma and cheers

I am truly sorry about your grandma Sad Family comes FIRST ! I am sure all of us can wait till after the holidays and when she is better ! Smile for the update.....Merry Christmas and God bless your grandmother Smile
May your grandma recover quickly!
(2015-12-22, 01:53)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, sorry mates. My grandma is in hospital since last night and a had not enought time to fix the last bugs and write changelog and hints. But i'm shure, it will be release before christmas.

Wishing all the best for your grandma, Dan.
Happy Christmas to you too
Dan ... i really hope your grandma get best.
Happy holidays