Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2013-10-14, 16:20)SystemCrash Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much for the Tip. Its worked very good.
But only on issue left. (In the linked thread, the same issue appears...but there arent any solution suggestion for it)

I´ve set up a smart playlist and added it to the main menu. The normal informations like Name, Cover, Storie etc are shown.
But if i open the folder wich contains the files. The folder is empty.

Did some have the final idea?
Thank you for the patience with me.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean.

Have you got some screen shots you could post?

(2013-10-14, 17:24)bwall244 Wrote: [ -> ]I am finding load time on some artwork to be getting slower and slower. Upon startup the posters for the tv and movie widgets first display as placeholders and then take 2-4 seconds to load. More importantly though when I go into TV shows (using logos) my fanart appears but the logos show blank quite often for up to 10-15 seconds.

That's not something I have experienced, and I've been using the skin for a couple of months. If the artwork has been cached properly, it should only take as long as XBMC can pull it from your hard drive.
Im sorry that i cant explain it better.
I hope with the screens now it will work.

With the normal acces on the tv shows. I can choose wich episode i want to watch.

But with the Smartlist after your tutorial link i only got empty lists.

Hoping you could follow me.
Thank you in advance.
(2013-10-06, 10:01)activate Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome stuff.

Is there any way to change this back to use the artist fanart, rather than the collage of artist pictures (in the background)? I find the collage to be a bit too noisy.
Hi everyone!

I was on Ace and extensivly using MQ5 now. Good job Marcos!

I have a small problem. I was changing the viewtype in Tv Shows and when selecting one, XBMC crashed. It was working well in right list, banners, etc.
But now, i am unable to go back in my TvSeries and crash XBMC instantly.

Anyone know where i can change a config file somewhere to Right list so i may be able to go back in my Tv Series?

thanks a bunch!

sly
(2013-10-14, 14:26)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Everyone

I've been on vacation for a couple of weeks, so I will try my best to answer any questions you have not had answered yet ASAP.

There have been 2 new releases since I went away, so I apologise in advance of some of my answers are outdated.

(2013-10-13, 10:14)m0v1em4n Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Guys,

Great skin Thanks for all your hard work , using the latest Gotham monthly and everything seem OK.

Just a few things.
  • The movie library status is not complete in the main menu, but you no doubt know that.
  • In your pictures it shows the widget separated from the main menu bar and in the upper area of the screen, is this still possible with the latest skin release? When I try to move the widget in furniture both seem to move together or perhaps I am doing something wrong,
  • Also is it possible to auto hide the widget bar, just nice to see the fan-art, must admit did like the way MQ4 implemented it Nod
  • One last thing does your skin support the new Gotham 3D mode, do I have to have a compatible 3D movie playing before I see the 3D menu opptions

Great work keep it up

Thanks

1) Not sure what you mean. Mine seems to be working, although I am using Frodo.

2) Go onto skin settings, choose the 'furniture' heading, and then press up and down until you only have the widgets selected. Then press entre until it is placed in your desired location.

3) Go on to skin settings, and in general settings there will be and option for 'Clean Mode'. Select this.

4) Yes it does, not sure how this is activated though as using Frodo.

(2013-10-14, 04:09)clennys Wrote: [ -> ]I have a custom theme set up and have multiple backgrounds in the 'tvshows' folder. When I am on the main screen under TV shows it changes the background every 5 seconds or so. Is there any way to increase that duration?

There isn't an option within the skin to adjust this. You'll have to amend the code.

(2013-10-14, 11:43)SystemCrash Wrote: [ -> ]I really like the stlye of the mq 5. But one question with the new Menu´s left for me.
In my last skin the aoen nox 4, i create a extra point for the folder called "animes". In this folder only contains animes and a extra folder for tv-shows.
But if i try this in the mq 5 it sums up the normal tv shows like "Dr. House" between the Animes...
Is there a Option to difference these two folders?

I hope you understand what i mean. So i apologize for the bad english.

You will need to set up a playlist and add this to the main menu. I haven't updated it for MQ5 yet, but this tutorial may help.

(2013-10-12, 12:00)brewer Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I am pretty new, since a few weeks using Aeon MQ 5 on my Artic MC and Openelec: super !!!
Since the new release lyrics are gone. (or maybe I have done something wrong) With wich key on the remote I can acces lyrics mode?
Or is there another sollution?

Thanks in advance,

When playing a song press tab to entre 'visualisation mode'. Then press m to get the bottom menu. On this menu you will find an option to adjust the style of visualisation, which includes Lyrics. Unfortunately I can't remember what this is called off the top of my head, but you should find it easily.

Thanks for your reply, but I don't use a keyboard but a remote. Any idea?

(2013-10-12, 17:43)doug piston Wrote: [ -> ]Apologies on if this has been mentioned before but if I was to use my own wallpapers what is the size needed? Anything else I should know?

Cheers.

720p or 1080p will work fine.
(2013-10-14, 19:48)fnwc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-06, 10:01)activate Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome stuff.

Is there any way to change this back to use the artist fanart, rather than the collage of artist pictures (in the background)? I find the collage to be a bit too noisy.

Go to the OSD Menu > Settings and you can change it from there. It looks nice but I also find a bit too "noisy" Smile I go for viewing to have a slideshow of the artist (whole). Loads of nice options there though.
Would someone try and confirm this bug for me? In showcase view with automatic panel, if I press up before the panel has dropped the system crashes.

@brewer try pressing the menu button
(2013-10-14, 22:01)NewMedia Wrote: [ -> ]Go to the OSD Menu > Settings and you can change it from there. It looks nice but I also find a bit too "noisy" Smile I go for viewing to have a slideshow of the artist (whole). Loads of nice options there though.
Thanks!
Can i add video add-on icons to the main menu? I.E. Adding the "YouTube" icon to a "Streaming" menu on the homescreen
(2013-10-14, 23:27)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]Would someone try and confirm this bug for me? In showcase view with automatic panel, if I press up before the panel has dropped the system crashes.

Nothing here. Works great. ( with 4sec delay)
(2013-10-15, 11:31)godson Wrote: [ -> ]Can i add video add-on icons to the main menu? I.E. Adding the "YouTube" icon to a "Streaming" menu on the homescreen

What do you mean by icon? A background?

(2013-10-15, 11:50)GuiZ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-14, 23:27)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]Would someone try and confirm this bug for me? In showcase view with automatic panel, if I press up before the panel has dropped the system crashes.

Nothing here. Works great. ( with 4sec delay)

OK. I'll check how many seconds I have it set too as that may be a factor. It just seems strange as it happens every single time.
(2013-10-07, 14:20)iiixtream Wrote: [ -> ]Great skin and super fast. Love all the reworks and all the sub-menu options. This skin is truly amazing. Only problem I come across is when using the Pandora plug-in after about 2 or 3 songs I get stuck in a constant loop and can't get out. It just keeps changing songs every time I hit esc. The same happened in ace but not in other skins. This makes the wife angry then see calls me at work to complain. Thanks for this wonderful skin and all that has contributed.

does anyone know how to fix this. Any help would be great.
(2013-10-15, 13:14)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ][quote='godson' pid='1528201' dateline='1381829493']
Can i add video add-on icons to the main menu? I.E. Adding the "YouTube" icon to a "Streaming" menu on the homescreen

(2013-10-15, 11:50)GuiZ Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Samu-rai' pid='1527890' dateline='1381786041']

Samurai i got it to work - thanks.
Another question - is it possible to have a Movies and Kids Movies?
I.E. Movies showing all my bluray stuff only and then Kids Movies showing all kids-friendly movies only. I've got them sorted in different folders. Only issue is i still haven't worked out how to do it or is it is possible.

I would like both to have the widgets: i.e. recently added movies etc.
(2013-10-15, 14:40)godson Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-15, 13:14)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ][quote='godson' pid='1528201' dateline='1381829493']

(2013-10-15, 11:50)GuiZ Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Samu-rai' pid='1527890' dateline='1381786041']

Samurai i got it to work - thanks.
Another question - is it possible to have a Movies and Kids Movies?
I.E. Movies showing all my bluray stuff only and then Kids Movies showing all kids-friendly movies only. I've got them sorted in different folders. Only issue is i still haven't worked out how to do it or is it is possible.

I would like both to have the widgets: i.e. recently added movies etc.

Try this by Samu-rai: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=150934

I use Smart Playlists to accomplish exactly what you are trying to do, it is real easy if you already have the Media in separate folders.
(2013-10-14, 17:54)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-10-14, 16:20)SystemCrash Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much for the Tip. Its worked very good.
But only on issue left. (In the linked thread, the same issue appears...but there arent any solution suggestion for it)

I´ve set up a smart playlist and added it to the main menu. The normal informations like Name, Cover, Storie etc are shown.
But if i open the folder wich contains the files. The folder is empty.

Did some have the final idea?
Thank you for the patience with me.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean.

Have you got some screen shots you could post?

(2013-10-14, 17:24)bwall244 Wrote: [ -> ]I am finding load time on some artwork to be getting slower and slower. Upon startup the posters for the tv and movie widgets first display as placeholders and then take 2-4 seconds to load. More importantly though when I go into TV shows (using logos) my fanart appears but the logos show blank quite often for up to 10-15 seconds.

That's not something I have experienced, and I've been using the skin for a couple of months. If the artwork has been cached properly, it should only take as long as XBMC can pull it from your hard drive.

Do you have any thoughts on how I can diagnose this issue? I am correct in thinking Logoart is stored local to XBMC and not local to the media correct?