Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Aeon MQ 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My menu is in the main menu customization screen. You can get to it through the setting sub menu.

You add My Menu 1 and/or 2 to your home screen bar, and then add the things you want to show as widgets to My menu's sub menu.

You could also have a separate main menu buttons for each addon too if you wanted. One for youtube, one for advance launcher etc.

You can do this again through the main menu customization screen.
(2014-08-20, 19:43)Samu-rai Wrote: [ -> ]My menu is in the main menu customization screen. You can get to it through the setting sub menu.

You add My Menu 1 and/or 2 to your home screen bar, and then add the things you want to show as widgets to My menu's sub menu.

You could also have a separate main menu buttons for each addon too if you wanted. One for youtube, one for advance launcher etc.

You can do this again through the main menu customization screen.

Thanks, creating a My Menu item worked just fine. At first it wasn't obvious how to get to the My Menu items, but I figured it out. Just to help out other novices in the future, the more detailed steps on how to do this are:

1. Go to Settings > choose the Customize Main Menu submenu
2. Select one of the Main Menu items (either an Empty one or you can repurpose an existing one like Movies, Music, etc)
3. Choose "Replace this menu item with..." and then from near the top of the list on the right side, choose either My Menu 1 or My Menu 2.
4. Then from the Submenu for that item, you can add Favorites, etc, which then show up on the Main Menu as widgets.

Thanks again to Samu-rai for pointing me in the right direction.
Thank you so much for this! I was trying to figure a way on how to do something similar to this or see if there was an addon, but this is perfect!
No probs. Thanks for the rep.
Hello Samu-rai

I was wondering if you can help me, I have a quick question but nobody couldn't resolve in the forums so far.

I have my music organized as follow:

C:\Music
C:\Music\Artist
C:\Music\Artist\Artist Album
C:\Music\Artist\Artist Album\ inside all the tracks plus folder.jpg + cdart.png
C:\Music\Artist\extrafart\
C:\Music\Artist\Folder.jpg
C:\Music\Artist\fanart.jpg
C:\Music\Artist\logo.jpg

and in the menu settings I have selected Music - Files.

My question is having music files enable I cannot see the fanart in the background, "see attached file", is any way to enable this?

I would really want a reply from you. I know that you're a very busy guy with this.

Let me know please

thanks in advance
Hi Sajarac

It's been a while since I set up my music library, but from memory:

You need to have all of your music scrapped to the XBMC library.

Once you've done that use the main 'Music' button, rather than 'Music - Files'.

Finally you need to run the CDArt Manager addon, and in MQ5 set the artwork source path on the top menu in collection mode.
Video about music configuration, using skin Aeon MQ 5

Hi, can't find an option to change the main menu to the glass list view, is this not possible? Would be nice to have a consistent style throughout..
(2014-08-09, 13:04)SABERZAID Wrote: [ -> ]i have a problem with the view

as soon as i open the movie menu it take me to WIDE VIEW and after changing it to difrent view that i like and after i logoff and back again it comes back to WIDE , how can i make the view showcase or any as default ?

I am having this same issue. Is there a method to keep showcase or any view chosen as default?

thanks in advance
asha_man & Tropic - look at this thread in post #6. you'll need to figure out which code is the default view you prefer tho thru trial & error i guess. good luck!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=197074
Can somebody help with a problem that i have. The backdrop fanarts aren't displayed in video addons. In the addon settings they are displayed correctly, but in video addons dialog there is only black background. Also everywhere else (movies, tvshows, music addons) fan art backdrops are displayed correctly. With other skin (confluence) the backdrop is displayed. In the top menu i can't see selection for default fanart as i can in other menus (such as movies, tv shows, music addons etc.). Here you can see what i mean:
Backdrop displayed correctly in addons settings:
http://postimg.org/image/fcr3y6vi5/
Backdrop not displayed in video addons selection:
http://postimg.org/image/q4xvaiz1d/
Top menu in tv shows:
http://postimg.org/image/cmanoxyk3/
Top menu in video addons:
http://postimg.org/image/j96lklc6h/

Does anyone know what's going on?
Go to settings > Add-ons > Configure > then enable 'Show Add-on Fanart'
It's set on. The thing is with all the other addons (audio addons, program addons etc) there's no problem. Only video addons don't show a backdrop. Also i should mention that when a particular addon has no backdrop set, the default backdrop of mq5 skin shows just fine. Only when there is addon specific backdrop it shows black screen.
That's all signs of not having that option enabled.

Not sure what else to suggest I'm afraid.
It is definately on. Thanks for help anyways!